Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks all for your comments on my new pendant. I really am pleased with the quirky shape and shiny surface.
    Jeg, I love that golden combo - golden SS are not for me (Iím too pink and the effect is clashy), but I always admire them on others, and they look great on you.
    Your comment about me possibly needing a winter snowman reminded me that I did get a new white fireball recently (ban island - ha!), which has a lovely wintry, icy-blue sheen. I havenít worn it yet - maybe tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B03A55D4-4229-4222-A047-146ED47E1AC1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	394464

Comment

• Thanks, SydK! Goldens can be kind of tricky, but I think they are a happy pearl because they remind me of the sun. Your new pendant is kind of like a snow angel!

I bought a new pendant myself last week. It might be a little like the color BWeaves is looking for- golden with some green. It’ll be awhile before I actually have it because it’s coming from Katbran in Australia.

Comment

• BRM-UK, those cleaned up well. I hope that the recipient will get lots of use out of them.
        SydK, that’s a pretty pendant.
        Can't wait to see your new pendant from Katbran Jeg, she has gorgeous pearls. I think that golden south sea are such happy pearls. They reminds me of my daffodils. Happy and with the promise of spring, winters in sweden can be a bit gloomy.
        Bweaves, greenish golden south sea pearls are so pretty. My frog pendant is medium golden with a hint of green. It surely is my favorite pendant. It's perfectly vimsical. Happy hunting.

Comment

• So, just because I don’t wear golden pearls doesn’t mean I don’t have a shortlist of them just in case I should change my mind...
          Here are my current greenish-gold/ goldish-green favourites on Etsy (you know, just in case anyone here needs inspiration to buy more pearls!)

Name:	E6B53F52-6730-46CE-B7E0-0FFB32662CB9.jpg
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	394472

Name:	BD931077-1196-486E-AC0A-5A8043E859FA.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	394473

Name:	D512E8CC-025B-4394-A5C8-4D494A47B754.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	394474

Name:	284BC66D-6131-4926-A618-831BF3058CF1.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	394475
          Last edited by SydK; 08-03-2020, 07:34 AM. Reason: Fix typos

Comment

• Very pretty green pearls SydK.

Comment

• I think you really need to complete the seasons, SydK!

Here’s the one I have coming from Katbran. Golden with some green and pink overtones.

Name:	92F357B3-C7A1-473E-8655-F9017F708C78.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	394476

Comment

• BRM-UK, since these are screw backs, I would agree with BW in the era of 40's to early 60's. They cleaned up beautifully.

SydK, your white pendant is gorgeous with it's beautiful luster & iridescence! Lovely green pearls too!

Jeg, that golden pendant is spectacular! I love the overtones & can't wait to see mod shots!

No pearls for me today....in fact, no jewelry at all. I'm off for a body massage & then to have my hair trimmed & my roots colored. Getting all that done before I have hand surgery on Wednesday. The biopsy on my hand came back as aggressive form of skin cancer so surgery was scheduled. Don't know how much I will be posting afterwards until I see how much I will be able to use my right hand fingers to type.

Keep posting my Pearl Lovelies! You all make my day with all your treasures! Love to all of you!

Comment

• oh man, jeg, I wondered who'd gotten that pendant! I'm so glad it stayed within the p-g family! It's super pretty

Comment

• LOL, why am I not surprised you bought the golden pendant I had my eye on, Jeg? Congratulations!

86, wishing you all the best with your upcoming hand surgery. Hope you recover quickly, but do be careful. Just read and recover, and know we're thinking healing thoughts for you.
                    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• BRM-UK: Your Miki earrings cleaned up nice. The pearls themselves are gorgeous.

86C: Best of luck with your surgery. Kick cancer out.

SydK and JEG: Wow, I'm drooling over your new pendants. I love the slightly green and the pistachio South Sea pearls.

Winter Snowman just arrived. He's quite a bit smaller than I imagined, but exactly the size Kojima told me he would be. He's a nice paring with Summer Rainbow. I think I may wear them as a pair of earrings. Here they are posing with my Kasumi pendant from Kojima.

Name:	5148C19B-E85A-4202-911D-1F2F69924AF4_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	394479

I never named my Kasumi pearl. Autumn Leaves, I think.

Spring Petal is on it's way to me from Kojima. I think I should stop buying stuff now, although I really love those greenish SS pearls you all posted.

Comment

• Jeg, your new pendant is a beauty!

BWeaves, your three pendants are beautiful, the snowman and summer rainbow look like tweenies and would look great as earring jackets and the colors on that Kasumi pendant is incredible!

Comment

• Thanks so much, 86C, CathyKeshi, jesskat, BWeaves and Lilpearl! I couldn’t resist the shape and color of that pendant.

86C! I will be thinking positive thoughts for your speedy recovery. Take good care, and if you can peck with your other hand, let us know how you are doing.

BWeaves, that Kasumi pendant is still my favorite, but your newest additions are pretty great, too. You will have fun with the mixing and matching.

Comment

• Hot today and dry. The hurricane totally missed us and sucked all the moisture out of the air.

I wore The Swan on the white gold knit choker, and dyed blue grey drops with attached topaz hoops from Kojima.

Name:	14845A7C-0FB5-46E5-89D9-2EB308634E13_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	394482

Then I swapped out the earrings for the Summer Rainbow and Winter Snowman on Mom's large diamond hoops. I think I'm in love. They have presence.

Name:	68CF6BED-1D77-471A-B193-B755050BD374_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	394483

You can really see the color of The Swan in the next couple of photos.

Name:	4969DA91-2BD9-4BBE-B6E3-496681873DE6_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	394484

Name:	D283A3EB-F4A2-4126-A55D-395CBD3BDC90_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	394485

If I was going to wear The Swan with those earrings, I would put it on the yellow gold knit choker. The yellow gold choker is an inch longer, too, and I think that would look better with the larger drops since they hang lower.

Comment

• Thank you, everyone for the positive thoughts. I'll definitely need them Wednesday. This is the worst one I've had removed. Since my regular appointment was cancelled due to COVID & I wasn't able to get an appointment til this month because of back up, my doctor said that gave it the opportunity to grow. If I had been able to go to my regular appointment, we would have caught it when it was just starting, but it is what it is. I've been dealing with skin cancer for almost 2 decades & have always caught it early. So we will see on Wednesday but the surgeon is confident he can get it all. I have a nail appointment tomorrow cause it will be a while before I can get them done again.

BW, Winter Snow is wonderful with fantastic luster & color!! I just love him paired with Summer Rainbow! He looks great with the Swan too. In fact, all your pendants are spectacular!! I love the idea of naming your Kasumi pendant Autumn Leaves! Perfect name for the colors in the pendant!!

Comment

• 86C wish you a speedy recovery on your surgery!!��

Comment

Working...
                                X