Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW, the Swan is so unique & beautiful! It's perfect for wearing on a cable & the ideal choice for hot weather!

Comment

• I like the way the silver cable brings out certain colours on the swan. Also love the shape of those kojima drops.
      Actually, I love it all - everyone is looking fab.
      Every time anyone posts a SoC mabe (Jeg!), they zoom straight back up to the top of my wish list.

Comment

• Thanks Red, glad it was already around my neck so I didn’t have to wrestle you for it! Did you pick up something to share???? Thank you Lisa, 86C, BWeaves and SydK. SydK, I hope you will get a SOC mabe someday! And BWeaves a Kamoka tin cup- it would be perfect for your weather.

A Kojima mixed strand, with earrings I made of Tahitian keshi and Akoya keshi.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	F5C682AE-754E-4BC0-8EF2-A41DFC223332.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	393739

Name:	AB118BB9-D624-4052-97F9-85D0C44F190E.jpg
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	393740

Comment

• I really love mixed strands.

Comment

• Very pretty tincup and earrings jeg and that mixed rope is stunning.
            You look fabulous in that tahitian and south sea rope red.
            Bweaves, the Swan in gorgeous. You could really use a kamoka tincup living in Florida but I think that you don't really need a facelift.

Comment

• Fabulous, Jeg! I love your mixed strand with the blues & coppery luster! Your earrings are such a perfect match! You are an earring maven!!

Comment

• I love that Swan (heeheehee), I love the frogs, octopi, bugs...

I love the mixed strands, too - lots of visual pizzazz without the weight.
                Except, who am I kidding, the visuals are worth everything! As far as weight, I’d say “Hurt me, hurt me!” for those glorious hues. I’ll take the strain.
                Last edited by lisa c; 07-17-2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Thanks BWeaves, Charlotta, 86C and Lisa! I love mixed strands, too...obviously... where’s the smack head emoji?

LisaC, you are a crack up, The weight doesn’t bother me so much, but I keep it lighter when the weather warms up. Fortunately we don’t get that hot humid weather.

Thanks 86C- I am having the best time making (and wearing) earrings. I ordered an earring display rack and had to turn around and order a second. Where’s that smack head emoji, again?!

Comment

• Yesterday, simple drops that are go-tos, freshwaters that glow, I love them.

Name:	7F7429B2-DC61-4BE4-983B-BEE4A0610ABF.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	393741

Name:	E2B6091E-C5E2-4608-8584-7534E8899713.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	393742
                    I tried to put the pics side by side to get the image smaller, but just didn’t get it right. Sorry about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeg View Post

Thanks 86C- I am having the best time making (and wearing) earrings. I ordered an earring display rack and had to turn around and order a second. Where’s that smack head emoji, again?!
                      Jeg, where on earth are you finding all these wonderful keshi pearls for you earrings? Are you finding them on your trips or are you buying from a reputable seller? I would love to know so I can begin to stock up. I'm still waiting on some pearls from Wen that I ordered almost 2 months ago.

Love your earrings, Lisa c! Simple & classic!

Comment

• You all look SO lovely in your pearls ... all favorites of mine. Jeg, that rope is in my all time top 3 GSS ropes; the colors are luxurious and fascinating. I had it in my hands ... and gave up, as I couldn't get pricing. I'd already bought plenty and Walter was lurking lOL; it gives me great joy to see a friend wear it.

Red, I remember you gleefully taking those mixed pearl strands out of your goody bag, sitting with ice on your knee . Just gorgeous.

I managed a cute pair of long mixed gem and pearl earrings today. No photos, I have my hands full getting Walter to the doctor and back. Today's fun was the surgeon saying "Continue on with the non-weight bearing for the next 5 weeks.". Er, YIKES, he's been t and carefully walking on that leg for a week now. Limited, careful, with plenty of support of the walker and knee scooter. Appalled looks from the surgeon, sputtering from us ... surgeon reviews computer notes ... "oh, yes I see the new doctor said this was okay." Silence for a while, tension in the air. Then "Well, see there's a controversy over this, when the screw goes all the way through your ankle to connect to plates on each side to hold it all together and ... well, carry on. But here, let me demo VERY limited weight on that leg" and you can see he doesn't want Walter to put ANY weight on it at all, but can't without making the new young partner seem stupid. SIGH. I felt much better in lovely pearl earrings
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Another classic, lisa c! I can see why they get a lot of wear.

CathyKeshi, yes, those goldens. I’m so glad they were still there for me! I had also spent way too much, but just could not put them back.

86C, a have a stash of random things that I’ve saved up for projects. I prefer to buy in person at local gem shows, and Hawaii has been a good source if I am there during a big show. I still have a few things from Hong Kong. Kojima and Pacific Pearls have a lot of loose strands that are not on the website, so you might inquire if you are looking for something specific. I have also purchased a lot of miscellaneous things online from Druzy. I have ordered a few freshwater pearls from China. They are reasonable but I find them kind of hit and miss.

Comment

• Cathy! Holy cow! Thanks for the update. What are you guys going to do now? What does “Carry on” mean, exactly? Do you have a brace-boot with a metal support in it? Or is it going to be back on his back?

Here are yesterday’s pearls, I’m trying out a combination.

Name:	2432C2A9-DB49-4966-9EAF-EE2FB5AB7B7A.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	393746Click image for larger version

Name:	98AF6A95-AF6B-4C5A-BEC8-77CF011E59F9.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	393745
                            Mom’s dangles, hanging off delicate Rice Krispies. Two different colors, blue-white krispies, and cream cfw or akoya, I’m not sure what they are yet.

I think they’ll hang together better if I add a loop to the dangle.
                            Last edited by lisa c; 07-18-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• I love all the studs and the dangle earrings.

Cathy: Send Walter all our healing thoughts! And to you, too. It's not easy being a care giver.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeg View Post

86C, a have a stash of random things that I’ve saved up for projects. I prefer to buy in person at local gem shows, and Hawaii has been a good source if I am there during a big show. I still have a few things from Hong Kong. Kojima and Pacific Pearls have a lot of loose strands that are not on the website, so you might inquire if you are looking for something specific. I have also purchased a lot of miscellaneous things online from Druzy. I have ordered a few freshwater pearls from China. They are reasonable but I find them kind of hit and miss.
                                Yes, I have a few Tahitian Keshi but not enough to do much with. A few blue Akoya & small light GSS; Quite a bit of mixed White FW. I'm working on a stash box. I'm waiting on the round FW 8-9mm for a wiring project I'm going to try using silver & rose gold. I finally got the corn flake keshis & turquoise beads to work on a necklace but still need to get a few clasps. Trying to find them locally. I really would prefer to see pearls IRL but, alas, no gem shows here & my travelling is limited, especially now with the new roof to pay for. I may check with Kojima to see if they have any strand that I would be interested in. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                                X