Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Catmom, both your bracelet and necklace look GREAT!! 1/2 and 1/2...looks like fun creating all of these beauties! Both are stunners!!
Thanks heartofawareness. I can't claim the akoya necklace. We were trying to figure out how to restring it to get the white & green thread correct. My bracelet is the end result. I need more practice before I attempt the necklace but at least now I know how to do it.

Thanks heartofawareness. I can't claim the akoya necklace. We were trying to figure out how to restring it to get the white & green thread correct. My bracelet is the end result. I need more practice before I attempt the necklace but at least now I know how to do it.
Wow I never even thought about the thread situation with two shades of pearls...interesting! Glad you got it finished and it looks terrific!

BWeaves, that Kasumi pendant has always been one of my favorites! Heartofawareness, the Kasumi dangles are a great new addition. All of those pieces look fantastic together. CatMom, I am enjoying all the new things you have been creating! So much fun, and very wearable!

Turquoise, peridot, and pearl necklace and earrings from Hawaii, with a tincup I made with extra Vietnamese Akoya from Hong Kong.
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_9441.jpeg

BWeaves, that Kasumi pendant has always been one of my favorites! Heartofawareness, the Kasumi dangles are a great new addition. All of those pieces look fantastic together. CatMom, I am enjoying all the new things you have been creating! So much fun, and very wearable!

Turquoise, peridot, and pearl necklace and earrings from Hawaii, with a tincup I made with extra Vietnamese Akoya from Hong Kong.
View attachment 465387View attachment 465388
Holy Moly Jeg...just when I thought it couldn't get better...wowza...love the turquoise and all those smaller akoya are like a waterfall of pearls...They are such beauties!!

heartofawareness: I think the the biggest pearl on the freshie strand is 15 mm. I honestly used to think pearls this big looked like gum balls or Wilma Flintstone cosplay. Now, they actually look small to me.

Love your Kasumis. I wear a lot of my pendants on my earring hoops. I had the bails made big enough to fit on most of my hoops (3mm). I also have a bunch of pendants with big bails (6 mm) that fit on just about everything, including being able to be clipped to my orbit clasps. Sooooo versatile. And I don't care if the pendants match when I wear them as earrings, because I love mismatched earrings. They do have to be similar in weight, though, or my earlobes feel funny.

It is just too hot to wear ropes of pearls this summer. I'm wearing a lot of my pendants instead. Kamoka today. Carved Tahitian pendant and black and white studs. The pendant has amazing dark mother of pearl type color to it. Very thick nacre.

IMG_1506.jpeg
IMG_1504.jpeg

It is just too hot to wear ropes of pearls this summer. I'm wearing a lot of my pendants instead. Kamoka today. Carved Tahitian pendant and black and white studs. The pendant has amazing dark mother of pearl type color to it. Very thick nacre.

View attachment 465392View attachment 465393
Beautiful @BWeaves Pearls are gorgeous but they do hold a lot of heat, especially those big ones, LOL...Love the carving on your tahitian..very pretty as are your mismatched earrings!

I have this gorgeous opera length (40") rope from Collins (he calls it the Maxi Mix rope). This baby has pearls and keshi of all different colors and sizes with amazing luster and can be doubled. Lots of silvery pearls and keshi too. I have to say it hasn't gotten much love because of all of the other things I've gotten but it is GORGEOUS! I even doubled it on itself to the side like @jeg showed and I love that look (thanks for the idea Jeg). Sometimes the simplest things elude us, LOL...ooh...I wore my PP silver Tahitian Bracelet and some simple FW studs...Very fun look...

Attachments

• Maxi Mix Necklace.jpg
    Maxi Mix Necklace.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Maxi Mix Necklace2.jpg
    Maxi Mix Necklace2.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Maxi Mix Necklace23.jpg
    Maxi Mix Necklace23.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230724_132203.jpg
    20230724_132203.jpg
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 63
I can't describe the unbridled joy seeing everyone's pearls brings me whenever I click into this thread!

For me today it's a strand of circled drop shaped silvery blue tahitians (from PP) and the new light-colored little tahitians from Hisano's Pop Up Event.

20230724_115652.jpg

I agree, lary007- I am so happy to see everyone posting their pearls here!!!🤗

lary007, I really really love those two strands together! Wow, they so beautifully compliment each other!

heartofawareness, those maxi mix ropes were so cool! The one you chose is fantastic, and I’m glad you got one of them! It’s a true harvest strand (and a treasure) from Alex’s farm. And glad that layering worked for you!:giggle:

All beautiful pieces, BWeaves! That carved Tahitian has some really nice detail and plays so nicely with your studs.

Wearing a SS and Tahitian ombre choker from Kojima, with a Tahitian keshi station chain I made. The large golden SS drop pendant is also from Kojima.
IMG_1288.jpeg
IMG_1287.jpeg

I can't describe the unbridled joy seeing everyone's pearls brings me whenever I click into this thread!

For me today it's a strand of circled drop shaped silvery blue tahitians (from PP) and the new light-colored little tahitians from Hisano's Pop Up Event.

View attachment 465399
Wow Lary...those are gorgeous together...almost looks like one twisted strand. LOOVE!! :love:

lary007, I really really love those two strands together! Wow, they so beautifully compliment each other!

heartofawareness, those maxi mix ropes were so cool! The one you chose is fantastic, and I’m glad you got one of them! It’s a true harvest strand (and a treasure) from Alex’s farm.

All beautiful pieces, BWeaves! That carved Tahitian has some really nice detail and plays so nicely with your studs.

Wearing a SS and Tahitian ombre choker from Kojima, with a Tahitian keshi station chain I made. The large golden SS drop pendant is also from Kojima.
View attachment 465400View attachment 465401
Love the versatility of your Ombre Choker...Can't see the darker pearls in the picture but they were a pleasant surprise!! Love that Keshi station necklace...it's gorgeous too...All of these pictures are like an Eye Candy-fest...delishousness for the senses!

Thanks, heartofawareness! I don’t know if this pic helps at all because it’s not straight on. All three colors are visible irl. I love the soft transition in the ombre and was especially drawn to the asymmetry and shapes. This has been my go to strand all summer!
IMG_0567.jpeg

View attachment 465387View attachment 465388
Those are fabulous jeg and go so well with your top which I love so much!

View attachment 465392View attachment 465393
I know what you mean about the heat. It's going to be a brutal week here and I just can't imagine wearing a heavy strand of pearls. I really like your carved pearl. I have been looking at different ones. Another pearl to go on the someday list.

I have this gorgeous opera length (40") rope from Collins (he calls it the Maxi Mix rope). This baby has pearls and keshi of all different colors and sizes with amazing luster and can be doubled. Lots of silvery pearls and keshi too. I have to say it hasn't gotten much love because of all of the other things I've gotten but it is GORGEOUS! I even doubled it on itself to the side like @jeg showed and I love that look (thanks for the idea Jeg). Sometimes the simplest things elude us, LOL...ooh...I wore my PP silver Tahitian Bracelet and some simple FW studs...Very fun look...
It's gorgeous heartofawareness! I really like it doubled like that.

View attachment 465399
Beautiful. I like that silvery blue color so much!

heartofawareness, those maxi mix ropes were so cool! The one you chose is fantastic, and I’m glad you got one of them! It’s a true harvest strand (and a treasure) from Alex’s farm. And glad that layering worked for you!:giggle:

View attachment 465400View attachment 465401
That ombre choker is fabulous jeg, as is that big, beautiful golden!

I just got my Kamoka order from the new harvest...yippee!! Gorgeous, lustrous and very colorful tin cup suite. I've wanted one for a long time and all the ones I saw didn't measure up to my expectations. I would never have thought that pearls could be so colorful and beautiful..WOW! The earrings are a BRIGHT green...gorgeous 10mm. The necklace and bracelet have coordinating colors all in the range of 9-10mm. All different colors: bright green, agean blue, bright light green golden, electric aubergine peacock, purple blue peacock, light silver w pink overtones. The chain is substantial and not flimsy. It also is finished with keshi at the clasp. The three pieces coordinate with similar colors. Totally loving this so muchI didn't even change to take the pictures. I just wanted it on since the pony express took over a week to deliver this via priority snail mail, LOL...

Attachments

• 20230724_160243.jpg
    20230724_160243.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
  • 20230724_162217.jpg
    20230724_162217.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230724_162122.jpg
    20230724_162122.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Back