Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Whoa… wasn’t I just here this morning?! How exciting to see all the new posts!:love: Apologies if I miss someone!

Thanks so much, heartofawareness, lary007, and CatMom!

Lary007, the multicolored strand is 10.5+ mm, and the blue strand is 9-10mm. Large for Akoya and I think the pearls are so beautiful. I am so excited to see your Takahashi purchase! I have loved everything I have purchased from them and they are the kindest people to work with. Did you purchase a finished product, or loose pearls to make something??? I have a package that is out for delivery today!!! My last two packages have cleared customs in Chicago in record time. Strange it would go through Chicago since I am on the west coast, but every time it has gone through San Francisco or Los Angeles, it might be a week later.

Heartofawareness, I agree with CatMom- no such thing! There are so many different colors and shapes. Your new Tahitians look fantastic!

CatMom, you have become a super-knotter whiz!!! Oh my, I love all the new pearls you’ve put together! That MOP clasp looks perfect with the white pearls. I love flower things! Since you’ve become such a pro, I see oodles of Tahitians in your future- I wanted to mention Pattye’s teal serafil. I just love this color with my multicolored T’s, especially multicolored strands that have a lot of blues and greens. (The color is a little brighter than the pic) Here are a couple of examples-
IMG_1315.jpeg
IMG_1317.jpeg

Whoa… wasn’t I just here this morning?! How exciting to see all the new posts!:love: Apologies if I miss someone!

Lary007, the multicolored strand is 10.5+ mm, and the blue strand is 9-10mm. Large for Akoya and I think the pearls are so beautiful. I am so excited to see your Takahashi purchase! I have loved everything I have purchased from them and they are the kindest people to work with. Did you purchase a finished product, or loose pearls to make something??? I have a package that is out for delivery today!!! My last two packages have cleared customs in Chicago in record time. Strange it would go through Chicago since I am on the west coast, but every time it has gone through San Francisco or Los Angeles, it might be a week later.

Heartofawareness, I agree with CatMom- no such thing! There are so many different colors and shapes. Your new Tahitians look fantastic!

CatMom, you have become a super-knotter whiz!!! Oh my, I love all the new pearls you’ve put together! That MOP clasp looks perfect with the white pearls. I love flower things! Since you’ve become such a pro, I see oodles of Tahitians in your future- I wanted to mention Pattye’s teal serafil. I just love this color with my multicolored T’s, especially multicolored strands that have a lot of blues and greens. (The color is a little brighter than the pic) Here are a couple of examples-
View attachment 465310View attachment 465311
Thanks jeg but i fear it's leading me down a very bad and addicting road, lol. Oh there will definitely be more Tahitians in the future. Right now, I'm just practicing on less expensive pearls. I will have to get some of the teal from Pattye. I have some of the plum and thought that looked really nice with them as well.

View attachment 465310View attachment 465311
oh wow...your multicolored T's are fabulous!! Absolutely love those colors!!!

Oh yes, I think plum would be nice, too, especially if there are a lot of aubergine pearls. The different threads just add a very subtle color to the strands. I tried using teal on a strand with more silvers, grays and blacks and I didn’t like the look, so it really depends on your taste.

Thank you heartofawareness! I really love multicolored Tahitians not only because you get all the colors, but it also draws your eyes around the strand.

Another Tahitian..drop shaped baroque multicolor but with a lots of rings and green from Druzy Design. The bracelet is from Midnight Pearl store in Hawaii and coordinates very well. Kamoka Cascadia Earrings.
Love Kamokas and the ringed necklace goes really well with the rest!

@jeg yes, my package from Takahashi also went through Chicago customs. I bought two loose tahitians. I didn't even have him drill them because I am undecided on what I want to do with them yet. I got the first and third pearl from the card on the left. I somehow have not taken any pictures of them after getting them, but I will try to remember tonight. I loved the green gold look of the one on the top and the bright cherry of the 3rd one.
IMG_20230709_193747_094.jpg

I do have a small collection of other round tahitians in 9-10mm size and since I don't have any tahitian bracelets as of yet I was thinking to make a bracelet. I will take a picture of them all together and see what y'all think. I would probably only have enough at this point to make a tin cup.

The other option would be to make one a pendant and one a ring maybe, but I would want to wait for just the right settings if that was the case!

@CatMom I get in those kind of knotting moods too! I need to get magnetic clasps for bracelets. Lovely necklace and bracelet! The colors on the bracelet are really pretty.

@heartofawareness I thought at one time I was done with tahitians. Wrong. Very wrong! They are mesmerizing!

Those will be wonderful in any project, lary007!:love: A nice thing about making it into a tin cup bracelet is that you can always turn it into a knotted bracelet if you accumulate more pearls, and you can wear it in the meantime.

My package of loose pearls arrived yesterday! These are all Akoya in natural colors from Takahashi.
IMG_8828.jpeg
IMG_8812.jpeg

Holy moly! There are some real standouts in those. I don't think I've seen an akoya pearl as dark as the 3rd from left in the 2nd bracelet (first picture). And it looks like some of them may lean a little pistachio colored or is that just my screen? Swoon!

I would absolutely die for a strand of pistachio akoyas like @BWeaves has!

Those will be wonderful in any project, lary007!:love: A nice thing about making it into a tin cup bracelet is that you can always turn it into a knotted bracelet if you accumulate more pearls, and you can wear it in the meantime.

My package of loose pearls arrived yesterday! These are all Akoya in natural colors from Takahashi.
View attachment 465313View attachment 465314
Wow, those are just gorgeous jeg!!

@CatMom I get in those kind of knotting moods too! I need to get magnetic clasps for bracelets. Lovely necklace and bracelet! The colors on the bracelet are really pretty.

@heartofawareness I thought at one time I was done with tahitians. Wrong. Very wrong! They are mesmerizing!
Thank you lary007! I have such a tough time with clasps on bracelets. The magnetic clasps are perfect for me. Your pearls are gorgeous colors. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

@jeg yes, my package from Takahashi also went through Chicago customs. I bought two loose tahitians. I didn't even have him drill them because I am undecided on what I want to do with them yet. I got the first and third pearl from the card on the left. I somehow have not taken any pictures of them after getting them, but I will try to remember tonight. I loved the green gold look of the one on the top and the bright cherry of the 3rd one. View attachment 465312

I do have a small collection of other round tahitians in 9-10mm size and since I don't have any tahitian bracelets as of yet I was thinking to make a bracelet. I will take a picture of them all together and see what y'all think. I would probably only have enough at this point to make a tin cup.

The other option would be to make one a pendant and one a ring maybe, but I would want to wait for just the right settings if that was the case!
OOO-AAAA..wow!! I love the green gold...and the cherry...a bracelet more AAAhs...That is going to be one fabulous bracelet. Do you drill your own pearls? I'm going to be starting to learn how to string pearls and I have some loose ones that I bought from CMW that will become my first attempt at stringing...eventually, LOL...

Oh yes, I think plum would be nice, too, especially if there are a lot of aubergine pearls. The different threads just add a very subtle color to the strands. I tried using teal on a strand with more silvers, grays and blacks and I didn’t like the look, so it really depends on your taste.

Thank you heartofawareness! I really love multicolored Tahitians not only because you get all the colors, but it also draws your eyes around the strand.
I love Plums and Aubergines...gorgeous!! yes, the thread color does work some magic in how a piece looks...and if you don't like it, you can always take it apart and play with another color, LOL....

Thank you CatMom, MOPTrumpet, lary007, yes- very unusual colors. Some pistachio and greens, some that are peacock, and unusual shades of blues, golds and whites. I have had such a great time playing with the colors.
I’ve posted pics of the necklace before, but I tried to take a pic of all the colorful Akoya together-
IMG_8888.jpeg

OOO-AAAA..wow!! I love the green gold...and the cherry...a bracelet more AAAhs...That is going to be one fabulous bracelet. Do you drill your own pearls? I'm going to be starting to learn how to string pearls and I have some loose ones that I bought from CMW that will become my first attempt at stringing...eventually, LOL...
Watch out, it's terribly addicting.

Thank you CatMom, MOPTrumpet, lary007, yes- very unusual colors. Some pistachio and greens, some that are peacock, and unusual shades of blues, golds and whites. I have had such a great time playing with the colors.
I’ve posted pics of the necklace before, but I tried to take a pic of all the colorful Akoya together-
View attachment 465315
The colors are so amazing!

Watch out, it's terribly addicting.

I bet it is...I already have a few projects lined up...the bracelet and restring an akoya graduated necklace I bought. It's gorgeous, except that it has 32 pearls and the largest pearl is off center...how can the seller not see the pearl is off center? Well, I could send it back, and have them restring but why bother...I'll just do it myself, LOL!!

@heartofawareness yes, I do have a drill and have drilled pearls myself but I have never done pearls quite like this before. It does make me a bit nervous lol. I may buy some cheap bead nucleated freshwater pearls that aren't drilled yet for practice. Everything I've done so far have been traditional freshwater pearls. I would imagine a bead nucleated pearl may feel a bit different.

Here are some pictures I took of the pearls. The top one just will not photograph accurately. The golden color is so lost here.

20230720_181551.jpg

Here is the group of round tahitians that I have to choose from for a bracelet. The lighting is weird but you get the idea!

20230720_182343.jpg

Back