Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Any of those would make a great bracelet lary007.

Thank you, heartofawareness, and CatMom! Lary007, you are so close to making a knotted bracelet! The pearls have nice strong body colors and look really great together! In the meantime, you could always make a tin cup with bigger chain, or knot it with some gold beads/or? in between, so you can wear it?

A strand of golden champagne SS from PP, with a strand of golden champagne Akoya from Takahashi, and little h seed pearl earrings.
IMG_1305.jpeg
IMG_1304.jpeg

Thank you, heartofawareness, and CatMom! Lary007, you are so close to making a knotted bracelet! The pearls have nice strong body colors and look really great together! In the meantime, you could always make a tin cup with bigger chain, or knot it with some gold beads/or? in between, so you can wear it?

A strand of golden champagne SS from PP, with a strand of golden champagne Akoya from Takahashi, and little h seed pearl earrings.
View attachment 465321View attachment 465322
Beautiful Jeg! I like how even though they are the same length and lay on top of each other they still look nicely layered. I haven't worn some of mine because they were on top of the other but you just showed me it can be done and it looks nice! More Gorgeous pearls!! Love!

Thanks heartofawareness! I switched a lot of my clasps to orbit clasps so I could use extenders to create different lengths, but I’ve gotten away from that and currently just like the more tossed look of overlapping same length strands. Usually I just overlap off to the side. I pulled up some old pics that I’ve posted before- one is of the same pearl pairing, one is of two Akoya strands, and one of two Edison strands.
IMG_1323.jpeg
IMG_1321.jpeg
IMG_1322.jpeg

This is a great way to start a Friday morning!
Just staring and admiring at all the lovely pearls and pearl-people :love:
Happy weekend everyone!

@jeg the shape and color of the SS pearls is heavenly. They layer wonderfully with the akoyas either way!

And the little h earrings are probably my favorite design Hisano made. I am very excited to see what pieces she has for us to see next week!

I think I will play with the tahitians tonight and see what I have in hand to make something wearable. I've had some of those pearls for years and it annoys me that they haven't even been able to be worn yet.

Last edited:

View attachment 465321View attachment 465322
Oh they look wonderful with navy, jeg. More gorgeous pearls!

Today I am wearing an amethyst nugget, green and purple jasper, and teal and purple circle FW pearl necklace and bracelet with my lavender drop and cherry ring from Kamoka. My earrings are peacock baroque Tahitians.

1690049143676.jpeg

1690049195616.jpeg

1690049287947.jpeg

1690049561621.jpeg

Wow this site is bursting with pearl life! So happy to see all your beauties and so many new pieces! Where do I even start????

@heartofawareness Your ruby/akoya/diamonds tin cup is so so gorgeou! I love Sarah’s pieces and this one is extra special! How great that ruby is your birthstone it looks amazing on you! And that akoya tin cup from PP vault! I was looking at it and hoping someone from here would buy it so I would see it again;-) A beautiful beautiful piece!

@CatMom Ohhh the Sea Beauty!!! So so pretty!!! And congratulations on your knotting! You are a natural!

@jeg OK you know how I LOVE Takahashi akoyas and especially colorful ones and especially the ones you select and create with...OMG your new bracelets!!!! The dreamiest of the dreamiest pieces...and on the side note your SS keshi earrings with gemstones...yummy❤️❤️❤️...and everything else is amazing as always😉

@lary007 Wow your T bracelet will be stunning! Such beautiful colors, they will make one really distracting bracelet;-)

We are having the hottest summer ever so I am wearing mostly just pendants or pearls on the leather cord, here is a pic of a new incarnation of my SoC pearl from Druzy. Margaret added it to this simple labradorite necklace and it is now my go-to summer piece.
DBE15E84-C417-4398-ADA7-B0CFAB1365DA.jpeg
1CD5D97C-A6FC-4795-8C61-1C23D5B82536.jpeg

Wow this site is bursting with pearl life! So happy to see all your beauties and so many new pieces! Where do I even start????

@heartofawareness Your ruby/akoya/diamonds tin cup is so so gorgeou! I love Sarah’s pieces and this one is extra special! How great that ruby is your birthstone it looks amazing on you! And that akoya tin cup from PP vault! I was looking at it and hoping someone from here would buy it so I would see it again;-) A beautiful beautiful piece!

@CatMom Ohhh the Sea Beauty!!! So so pretty!!! And congratulations on your knotting! You are a natural!

@jeg OK you know how I LOVE Takahashi akoyas and especially colorful ones and especially the ones you select and create with...OMG your new bracelets!!!! The dreamiest of the dreamiest pieces...and on the side note your SS keshi earrings with gemstones...yummy❤️❤️❤️...and everything else is amazing as always😉

@lary007 Wow your T bracelet will be stunning! Such beautiful colors, they will make one really distracting bracelet;-)

We are having the hottest summer ever so I am wearing mostly just pendants or pearls on the leather cord, here is a pic of a new incarnation of my SoC pearl from Druzy. Margaret added it to this simple labradorite necklace and it is now my go-to summer piece.View attachment 465344View attachment 465343
Thank you eolian pearls! It's become rather addicting I'm afraid. I love your SOC pearls and it looks wonderful on that necklace and perfect for summer. I've found I don't wear my regular Tahitians as much during the summer. Too large and heavy for the heat.

Thanks, Douglas, lary007, CatMom and eolian! Catmom, those are pretty colors together! Is that a new stringing project? A fun combination for sure! Eolian, your SOC reimagined is so beachy cool! What a neat and unique new pendant.

These are all pieces from Kojima- a carved Tahitian pendant on a keshi strand, a necklace of MOP beads with vintage 14kt turtle beads and a Tahitian center, and Sanibel seashell earrings with Tahitians.
IMG_4187.jpeg
IMG_1236.jpeg

Thanks, Douglas, lary007, CatMom and eolian! Catmom, those are pretty colors together! Is that a new stringing project? A fun combination for sure! Eolian, your SOC reimagined is so beachy cool! What a neat and unique new pendant.

These are all pieces from Kojima- a carved Tahitian pendant on a keshi strand, a necklace of MOP beads with vintage 14kt turtle beads and a Tahitian center, and Sanibel seashell earrings with Tahitians.
View attachment 465358View attachment 465359
Thanks jeg. Yes, it is a new stringing project. I had some old necklaces on hand, probably from the 80's. :LOL: I thought the colors would go nicely with the baroque FWs I have. I bought a 36" strand so I have a lot of them to practice with lol. Oh how I love your combination of Tahitians and keshi and shells!

I'll probably wear different pearls later today when I go visit my Dad, but for hanging around the house in jeans and a tank top? Kojima Kasumi and ruby pendant and feather earrings.

IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1492.jpeg

That Kasumi pearl is like a hammered oil slick. It really is that colorful. It makes the colorful feathers look dull.

Trying to capture the color of that pearl in my weaving. It's interesting how the cyan weft (on the shuttle) changes the fuchsia and yellow warp (vertical threads) to purple and green. This is a tencel and merino wool shawl.

IMG_1486.jpeg

I changed, because I'm going to visit Dad. My humongous, baroque, freshwater pearls from Kojima. This is the closest I'm going to get to that million dollar South Sea strand Jeremy was showing in that video, haha. Mine's very shiny and metallic. I never thought I would like pearls this big, and then PSS (pearl shrinkage syndrome) set in and . . .

Drops from Pearls of Joy on Mom's diamond hoops. I asked Kevin at Pearls of Joy if he had any pairs of large, metallic, freshwater drops that he could put bails on for me to use on existing earrings. He made these for me and charged me $35. Then he told me he'd made a mistake in the price, but he would honor the price he quoted me. I have no idea what they were supposed to cost, but I think I must have gotten the bargain of a lifetime.

Kojima coin pearl ring with ruby flower. I wasn't sure I'd like a ring this bulky, but it's very comfortable and I love wearing it.

IMG_1498.jpeg

Below: You can see my reflection and peach linen blouse in the pearls on the white towel.

IMG_1500.jpeg

Last edited:
I changed, because I'm going to visit Dad. My humongous, baroque, freshwater pearls from Kojima. This is the closest I'm going to get to that million dollar South Sea strand Jeremy was showing in that video, haha. Mine's very shiny and metallic. I never thought I would like pearls this big, and then PSS (pearl shrinkage syndrome) set in and . . .

Drops from Pearls of Joy on Mom's diamond hoops. I asked Kevin at Pearls of Joy if he had any pairs of large, metallic, freshwater drops that he could put bails on for me to use on existing earrings. He made these for me and charged me $35. Then he told me he'd made a mistake in the price, but he would honor the price he quoted me. I have no idea what they were supposed to cost, but I think I must have gotten the bargain of a lifetime.

Kojima coin pearl ring with ruby flower. I wasn't sure I'd like a ring this bulky, but it's very comfortable and I love wearing it.

View attachment 465369

Below: You can see my reflection and peach linen blouse in the pearls on the white towel.

View attachment 465368
GORRRRGEOUS!!! @BWeaves where do I even start....that necklace...yummy (how big is it?)...earrings...lovely...maybe he meant $340 or $3400, LOL...the coin ring...she has another one in stock and I keep looking at it but not sure...it looks great on you and you say it's comfy? It looks beautiful. I find that i"m having the same problem as you. Where 7mm looked good to me, now that I have 14mm pearls that 7mm looks tiny...earring get bigger and bigger...what am I supposed to do with that???

I got some Japan Kasumi earrings to go with my necklace. I actually bought a matched pair of very large kasumis (14mm) and had rings put on them so I can wear them as earring charms or a pendant on a necklace. I wanted the most flexibility so even though they are simple I love them, they have the most stunning metallic colors and match the necklace very well.

Attachments

• 20230723_142100[1].jpg
    20230723_142100[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230723_142209[1].jpg
    20230723_142209[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230723_143448[1].jpg
    20230723_143448[1].jpg
    652 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230723_143417[1].jpg
    20230723_143417[1].jpg
    704 KB · Views: 68
Goodness BWeaves, both sets of pearls are equally gorgeous just in different ways. I love them all. Heartofawareness, I love your Kasumi pearls. The color and luster are fabulous.

After experimenting on how to string a half and half necklace I am now wearing my Akoya half & Half with a vintage opal pendant and of course my new experimental baroque FW half & half bracelet.

1690141817086.jpeg

1690141881160.jpeg

Goodness BWeaves, both sets of pearls are equally gorgeous just in different ways. I love them all. Heartofawareness, I love your Kasumi pearls. The color and luster are fabulous.

After experimenting on how to string a half and half necklace I am now wearing my Akoya half & Half with a vintage opal pendant and of course my new experimental baroque FW half & half bracelet.

View attachment 465385

View attachment 465386
Catmom, both your bracelet and necklace look GREAT!! 1/2 and 1/2...looks like fun creating all of these beauties! Both are stunners!!

Back