Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Looking fantastic Jeremy and Hisano!!!:love: And thank you for the website fix- I think everything is AOK now!

I like that length on you, too, StevieBoy! Maybe when you make longer strands out of your freshwaters that are coming, you might want to keep it at that 36“ length just to have them a little different.

Everything looks beautiful, BWeaves! I’m glad to see your pearl collection getting out and about!

Natural white Akoya strand from Takahashi, SS tokki blossom earrings from Kojima, and a necklace with a lumpy SS I bought in Maui, a long time ago.
IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg

Looking fantastic Jeremy and Hisano!!!:love: And thank you for the website fix- I think everything is AOK now!

I like that length on you, too, StevieBoy! Maybe when you make longer strands out of your freshwaters that are coming, you might want to keep it at that 36“ length just to have them a little different.

Everything looks beautiful, BWeaves! I’m glad to see your pearl collection getting out and about!

Natural white Akoya strand from Takahashi, SS tokki blossom earrings from Kojima, and a necklace with a lumpy SS I bought in Maui, a long time ago.
View attachment 464630View attachment 464631
cute dress and beautiful pearls (as usual) @jeg

I’ll post the process this weekend with my freshies! I’d love to have everyone’s feedback 😊

you pendant here is strung on? Emeralds? I love the contrast between translucent stones and the opaque luster of that SS pearl 😍

StevieBoy: You would look awesome in my ombre' tin-cup. When I received it, it was surprised how big the pearls were and how long the necklace was. I had the smaller ombre' tin-cup, so I was expecting the pearls to be about the same size. I'll put some photos in the Comparisons thread.

heartofawareness: I've already picked out today's pearls, so I'll try to get the long ombre' tin-cup doubled up tomorrow. UPDATE: Photos are in the Comparison thread today.

The cowl neckline doesn't lend itself to many of my necklaces. The Kojima South Sea and blue akoya keshi tin-cup is very light weight, so it doesn't distort the cowl. The Spring Rain pendant from Kojima is on one of my knitted wire necklaces. I had Sarah make pendants out of the coffee bean shaped, dyed, blue freshwater pearls. I'm wearing them on my own diamond hoops.

Crappy lighting this morning.

View attachment 464601View attachment 464600
there is just something so regal about the blues next to the golds!

Theres actually a few mixed gold/blue akoya strands on Cees IG that I drool over onstantly

Thank you so much, heartofawareness and StevieBoy. StevieBoy, I’m not much of a gemstone person, but I think they are Apatite. They are a pretty turquoise blue color.

A harvest rope from Collins Pearl farm with all the varieties of Tahitians harvested. Worn with earrings and a bracelet I made.
IMG_1089.jpeg
IMG_1090.jpeg

Oh I love those together with your gorgeous dress, jeg!

My very first Tahitians from Kojima. Earrings and necklace. I always thought I didn't like Tahitians, because I'd only ever seen perfectly matched black pearls, and they didn't wow me. But once I saw baroque and circled, and rainbow Tahitians, I fell in love. The sapphire clasp on this one sealed the deal. I'm a sucker for a good clasp. And the earrings have opals in them. When I first opened the box on the necklace, I was underwhelmed. But as soon as I put them on, I was wowed. They came alive next to my skin.

IMG_1309.jpeg

Not the best lighting this morning. And I should have picked a lower neckline. These pearls want to be shown off next to skin. The blue dress is dulling them.

IMG_1312.jpeg

Last edited:
My very first Tahitians from Kojima. Earrings and necklace. I always thought I didn't like Tahitians, because I'd only ever seen perfectly matched black pearls, and they didn't wow me. But once I saw baroque and circled, and rainbow Tahitians, I fell in love. The sapphire clasp on this one sealed the deal. I'm a sucker for a good clasp. And the earrings have opals in them. When I first opened the box on the necklace, I was underwhelmed. But as soon as I put them on, I was wowed. They came alive next to my skin.

View attachment 464701

Not the best lighting this morning. And I should have picked a lower neckline. These pearls want to be shown off next to skin. The blue dress is dulling them.

View attachment 464702
Oh I love your Tahitians, especially your earrings. I'm a sucker for opals as well as pearls, lol.

Thank you so much, BWeaves and CatMom!:giggle:

BWeaves, the colors show up great on your dress! Really nice colors and wearable size strand!

What a nice find, CatMom! I like the design, and the colors of the treated Akoya look really well done. I am not in any way saying “treated” as a negative because I really love it and it looks fantastic on you!

So, I admired this strand all weekend at Pearls By The Bay. Sarah wore it so well and it was just dancing in the sunlight. I was really trying to behave, but you can see how far I got… It’s a short ombre style mix of Tahitians and SS pearls. I love the way the largest SS pearl is offset in the design. It also plays nicely with another Kojima ombre strand I’ve had for a long time.
IMG_8956.jpeg
IMG_1128.jpeg
IMG_1126.jpeg

Thank you so much, BWeaves and CatMom!:giggle:

BWeaves, the colors show up great on your dress! Really nice colors and wearable size strand!

What a nice find, CatMom! I like the design, and the colors of the treated Akoya look really well done. I am not in any way saying “treated” as a negative because I really love it and it looks fantastic on you!

So, I admired this strand all weekend at Pearls By The Bay. Sarah wore it so well and it was just dancing in the sunlight. I was really trying to behave, but you can see how far I got… It’s a short ombre style mix of Tahitians and SS pearls. I love the way the largest SS pearl is offset in the design. It also plays nicely with another Kojima ombre strand I’ve had for a long time.
View attachment 464722View attachment 464723View attachment 464724
I can see why you couldn't resist. They are gorgeous! No worries about treated. They are clearly dyed. I like them though because they are not the typical solid black that most black akoyas are and the luster is quite nice.

Catmom: I like the two tone akoya necklace. It's funny how the dark pearls look smaller than the white ones, even though they are the same size.

JEG: Love a good ombre'!

Catmom: I like the two tone akoya necklace. It's funny how the dark pearls look smaller than the white ones, even though they are the same size.

JEG: Love a good ombre'!
They do, don't they.

Yeah, the Endless Bath rope for the win. Love it. You chose WISELY!

I think The Bathtub tin cup looks too much like my long tin-cup. I can loop mine twice around my neck and get a similar look. Thank you so much for the extra photos. That really helped me make my decision not to buy. My bank account thanks you.
I finally got my Endless Bath White SSP rope from Kojima and I was afraid it would be too long but it is just right and so many pearls, what decadence. It's GORGEOUS!! Wearing with some White SSP earrings from PP. The really nice thing about this rope is it has soooo many different looks/ways to wear. This is just a few... Took me forever to take these pictures. One day I will be a pro like you @jeg and @BWeaves!!

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 51
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 60
  • z3.5.jpg
    z3.5.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 53
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 55
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • z01.jpg
    z01.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 66

heartofawareness: WOWZA! Those SS pearls glow. Enjoy.

What size are the pearls?

heartofawareness: WOWZA! Those SS pearls glow. Enjoy.

What size are the pearls?
9.5 to 13mm...they're pretty big, LOL!! It's not a graduated rope, though. The pearls are mixed in size all the way around the rope, which has no clasp either, so it's an 'endless' rope...with some smaller then a large one makes an appearance...somehow Sarah makes it work like magic!

Back