Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you all for the kind words :)

@StevieBoy They are tahitians from Kamoka. Love the colors in your new bead-nucleated pearl strand - Looking forward to your pics!

@jeg Love your look today with that gorgeous bubble strand and its sister strand! I've been missing posting - The site hasn't been working for me the last 3 weeks. None of the pictures in the threads would load - it took me about an hour to finally see all of your Pearls by the Bay pics, but totally worth it! Thank you @jshepherd for working on the fix!!!

Another reason I'm trying to talk myself out of the Bathtub tin-cup. I saw JEG's photos from the previous Pearls By The Bay, and I was floored that nobody had bought this long ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. I loved my short ombre' tin-cup, so I ordered this one. It has no clasp, so any color can be in front. It's so versatile. And the pearls are HUGE and shiny. Worn with my new La Petite Perlagrina and Bali drop earrings from Kamoka. I think one of my larger carved Tahitian drops might look better with the tin-cup, but I had already put on the small drop first.

long ombre' tin-cup from Kojima, Worn with my new La Petite Perlagrina and Bali drop earrings from Kamoka
 long ombre' tin-cup from Kojima, Worn with my new La Petite Perlagrina and Bali drop earrings from Kamoka
 long ombre' tin-cup from Kojima, with La Petite Perlagrina and Bali drop earrings from Kamoka
La Petite Perlagrina

One of the white South Sea pearls is carved in a 3 strand braid pattern. Can you find it?

long ombre' tin-cup from Kojima

Since I've been on Pearl-Guide looking at everyones photos, I've gotten better at mixing up my pearls and not being so matchy-matchy.

Last edited:
Love everyone's gorgeous pearls and thank you for posting them!!!

@jeg That pistachio keshi in your Collins strand always makes my heart sing :)

Today I'm wearing a bracelet that I assembled from reworking some of my Kamoka pearls.... June Gloom in San Diego remains in full effect, so it's hard to find decent light for pics. (Also trying to ignore the Kojima sale since I need to stay on Ban Island for at least the next 6 months!)
View attachment 464550 View attachment 464551
Stunning bracelet!

Another reason I'm trying to talk myself out of the Bathtub tin-cup. I saw JEG's photos from the previous Pearls By The Bay, and I was floored that nobody had bought this long ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. I loved my short ombre' tin-cup, so I ordered this one. It has no clasp, so any color can be in front. It's so versatile. And the pearls are HUGE and shiny. Worn with my new La Petite Perlagrina and Bali drop earrings from Kamoka. I think one of my larger carved Tahitian drops might look better with the tin-cup, but I had already put on the small drop first.

View attachment 464568View attachment 464567View attachment 464566View attachment 464565View attachment 464564

Since I've been on Pearl-Guide looking at everyones photos, I've gotten better at mixing up my pearls and not being so matchy-matchy.
La Petite Pellegrina is STUNNING!

View attachment 464568View attachment 464567View attachment 464566View attachment 464565View attachment 464564

Oh I love it so much!

View attachment 464555
Love that bracelet @SurfnSci are those tahitians? Akoyas? They are such a beautiful play of aqua colors!

I just got my 36 inch strand of baroque bead nucleated FWP from etsy! I saw that the vendor had a good price on them, and i saw that the pearls werent all perfectly round, and some had some fishbites, but overall the price & luster did not disappoint!

I had been hesitant to try out a strand in these colors because the lilac/lavender/peachy colors arent the most masculine—- so i felt like it would be a mitigated risk if i got a moderately priced strand to test the waters!

Overall, im pleased, but i think in the future i might add another 12 inches to this rope, and swap out some of the pearls i’m not in love with
Good morning from the Philippines!

Taking this strand of baroque mixed color nukes from YourPearlSandDiY on Etsy for a test drive today.

It is everything i hoped for as far as color and luster. I’m really pleased with how the natural colors of the nukes compliment the dusty pastel pink cotton t shirt that i am wearing today.

It is 36 inches, but i do wish that it hung just a bit lower. I may add another 12 inches in the future. For reference, i stand at 5’11 (180cm) and i’m somewhere around 230lbs- so i have to go bigger and longer with my pearls 😅

baroque mixed color nukes from YourPearlSandDiY on Etsybaroque mixed color nukes from YourPearlSandDiY on Etsy36-inch baroque mixed color nukes from YourPearlSandDiY on Etsy

StevieBoy, you especially have PSS (pearl shrinkage syndrome). You definitely need bigger and longer.

Yes! 😅 i love that! PSS 😅

I realize now that 12mm-14mm might look hefty on some, but they are borderline dainty on me 😅

I posted in the beaders club forum that i have ordered 24 inches each of ringed/rice fwps in gray/white/pink… i realized after getting this 36 inch rope that i may run short- so i ordered a strand of 11*15mm white rice fwps from a local seller for safety!

24 inches of ringed/rice fwps in pink24 inches of ringed/rice fwps in gray24 inches of ringed/rice fwps in whitestrand of 11x15mm white rice fwps

View attachment 464568View attachment 464567View attachment 464566View attachment 464565

One of the white South Sea pearls is carved in a 3 strand braid pattern. Can you find it?

View attachment 464564

when I dream about my first tin cup, i dream it would look something like this!

there are quite a few Jewelmer stores in the country, and the best pearl farms in Palawan produce primarily for Jewelmer. If I am not mistaken, the family that owns Jewelmer is married to a family that owns one of the largest pawnshop/remittance chains in the country.

I've been to Palawan before, and I also live near Greenhills Mall, which has a pretty famous pearl bazaar.

I think that SSPs are pretty plentiful here, and have everywhere from low to gem quality available. I think that culturally, you can definitely bargain with the vendors to get a better price.

There are also alot of low quality/color treated pearls here? There are alot of pearls that are marketed as tahitian SSP, and whereas they are gray/black... they just dont seem to have the orient and play of color that I have seen in true tahitian pearls.

I think that before you come to buy SSPs out here, people should be versed in how to spot for quality and what market value is in the west so that way you are equipped with the tools to bargain successfully. :)
Thanks @StevieBoy, was interesting to read your comments and as always, knowledge is power for anyone, anywhere in their pearl purchases.

View attachment 464568View attachment 464567View attachment 464566View attachment 464565

View attachment 464564

All of those pieces are GORGEOUS @BWeaves ...love that ombre Tin Cup, your petite pelegrina is absolutely lovely, (I found the carved pearl!)...would love to see a picture of your tin cup doubled (pretty please?) Kojima has an ombre Kasumi rope that I've been drooling over...(trying to be good)...With pearls you don't have to really match everything because all pearls play nicely together.

StevieBoy: You would look awesome in my ombre' tin-cup. When I received it, it was surprised how big the pearls were and how long the necklace was. I had the smaller ombre' tin-cup, so I was expecting the pearls to be about the same size. I'll put some photos in the Comparisons thread.

heartofawareness: I've already picked out today's pearls, so I'll try to get the long ombre' tin-cup doubled up tomorrow. UPDATE: Photos are in the Comparison thread today.

The cowl neckline doesn't lend itself to many of my necklaces. The Kojima South Sea and blue akoya keshi tin-cup is very light weight, so it doesn't distort the cowl. The Spring Rain pendant from Kojima is on one of my knitted wire necklaces. I had Sarah make pendants out of the coffee bean shaped, dyed, blue freshwater pearls. I'm wearing them on my own diamond hoops.

Crappy lighting this morning.

Kojima South Sea and blue akoya keshi tin-cup
Spring Rain pendant, Kojima South Sea and blue akoya keshi tin-cup

Last edited:
You look very nice @BWeaves ...Love your ensemble...as always your pearls are amazing. Love your tin cup...Hoping to get one soon... Great pictures even with the crappy morning light...

OK, I got the photos of the long ombre' tin-cup up today in the Comparisons thread. I'm just not wearing them.

Taking this strand of baroque mixed color nukes from YourPearlSandDiY on Etsy for a test drive today.

It is everything i hoped for as far as color and luster. I’m really pleased with how the natural colors of the nukes compliment the dusty pastel pink cotton t shirt that i am wearing today.

It is 36 inches, but i do wish that it hung just a bit lower. I may add another 12 inches in the future. For reference, i stand at 5’11 (180cm) and i’m somewhere around 230lbs- so i have to go bigger and longer with my pearls 😅

View attachment 464593View attachment 464594View attachment 464595
I guess I'm the odd man out but I think this length looks great on you.

StevieBoy: You would look awesome in my ombre' tin-cup. When I received it, it was surprised how big the pearls were and how long the necklace was. I had the smaller ombre' tin-cup, so I was expecting the pearls to be about the same size. I'll put some photos in the Comparisons thread.

heartofawareness: I've already picked out today's pearls, so I'll try to get the long ombre' tin-cup doubled up tomorrow. UPDATE: Photos are in the Comparison thread today.

The cowl neckline doesn't lend itself to many of my necklaces. The Kojima South Sea and blue akoya keshi tin-cup is very light weight, so it doesn't distort the cowl. The Spring Rain pendant from Kojima is on one of my knitted wire necklaces. I had Sarah make pendants out of the coffee bean shaped, dyed, blue freshwater pearls. I'm wearing them on my own diamond hoops.

Crappy lighting this morning.

View attachment 464601View attachment 464600
They look really lovely with your dress BWeaves. I never thought of putting pendants on my hoops before. I will have to try this.

You look very nice @BWeaves ...Love your ensemble...as always your pearls are amazing. Love your tin cup...Hoping to get one soon... Great pictures even with the crappy morning light...
I agree...even with "crappy light" the pearls look amazing :D

View attachment 464593View attachment 464594View attachment 464595

Love seeing this! I've been wearing a Tahitian strand lately.

Hisano and Jeremy wearing pearls

Back