Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pleasure 8mm ... I was so tempted to buy up a LARGE lot of those pearls from Cees ... but, er, I have a rather generous collection of V. akoyas already lol .... I'm just hoping to make either a bracelet or a tin cup style from the new bag of tiny pearls; I had Cees have them drilled. Anxiously awaiting the shipment

Parrot Lady, wonderful to hear you've weathered that cataract journey and came out the other side with such improved vision !!!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I had my jeweler, Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis, make up these watermelon tourmaline, ruby, and diamond earring dangles last year. They were designed to hang from these small gold hoops, but I always hoped to add pearls to the mix. I've tried different Tahitian studs, but I think the real winners are these Sea of Cortez pearl studs. It depends on the light and the reflections, of course, but these greenish golden pearl beauties coordinate well a lot of the time. The tourmaline was selected by Alice at T Lee in Tucson and I purchased the rubies online from Mastercut Gems.

The earrings are super lightweight, which makes my ears happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190920_130114.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	389744

Name:	20190920_125505.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	389745

Name:	20190920_125258.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	389746

Comment

• Beautiful, Red. Those tourmalines really set off the Tahitians!!

Comment

• Beautiful earrings Red, such versatile dangles.

Comment

• That is beautiful. The colours of the tourmalines are really good for dark pearls
            Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes
            My blog

Comment

• Red, love those dangles with the SoC studs.

Comment

• Very pretty, Red! The pearls pick up the greenish part of the tourmalines nicely.

Comment

• Beautiful complimentary colours—and textures, Red!

Comment

• Cathy, Please show us the pearls once you receive them! Really, I have never seen such petite but oh so beautiful pearls! I really like them!
                    -8mm

Comment

• It was almost cool and today. 83F. No seriously, it felt cool. I broke out my biggest pearls. Kasumi and amethyst earrings from Kojima, and freshwater ripples from Pacific Pearl. Hum, the color looks flat in the photo. The pearls are really oil slick colorful in person.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1067.jpg
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	389749

And SoC ring from Douglas and PP. I can never capture the intense teal blue and hot pink this pearl is.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1065.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	389750

Comment

• Originally posted by Red View Post
                        I had my jeweler, Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis, make up these watermelon tourmaline, ruby, and diamond earring dangles last year. They were designed to hang from these small gold hoops, but I always hoped to add pearls to the mix. I've tried different Tahitian studs, but I think the real winners are these Sea of Cortez pearl studs. It depends on the light and the reflections, of course, but these greenish golden pearl beauties coordinate well a lot of the time. The tourmaline was selected by Alice at T Lee in Tucson and I purchased the rubies online from Mastercut Gems.

The earrings are super lightweight, which makes my ears happy.

[ATTACH]69975[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69976[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69977[/ATTACH]
                        Red, those earring jackets/dangles are amazing. It looks like the stones have been carved to create a teardrop shape in the original stone. Very very difficult lapidary work there.
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Headed to dinner with the Hubby wearing my Tahitian & South Sea Ombré strands with Tahitian & South Sea bracelets & one of my favorite Tahitian rings.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Striking ensemble, 86CG. The last couple of days have been cool enough to pull out the heavy pearls.

Comment

• Red, those earrings are absolute perfection!!!

Comment

• Gorgeous ripples Bweaves, and the kasumi earrings and the sea of cortez ring is so beautiful.
                                86Corvettegirl, I love those ombre tahitian and south sea strands. So pretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X