Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh, JEG, thank you for the photos of Kojima studio. I want to go so badly to Pearls by the Bay in May, but I cannot travel that far for one day. Sigh.

Oh, I hope we can catch up the next time, Purr. Fingers crossed, Linda. It would be fun to see you again! BWeaves, some of us will be staying in the Bay Area for several days around the event. There’s so much to do there.

jeg That seafood platter from Sausalito looks amazing, wow!!! I love your gorgeous Tahitian strands, and the earrings you made are lovely! I also noticed your fantastic modeling on the Kojima IG post today :D Goodness, I would sooo love to attend Pearls By The Bay, what a dream; I will be traveling that weekend this May, so I'm hoping for next time (and possibly for pictures from this time!)

I *finally* collected enough Cortez keshi over the last few years to wire-wrap this bracelet this weekend! Pearls from Druzy and the Cortez Pearls e-store. Paired with a SoC ring, also from the e-store a couple of years ago.
20220320_183529.jpg
20220320_145004.jpg

Ok, look...I mean...wow! Pearl by the Bay, Friends, Drinks and magnificent food...I mean, again: wow!
I'm actually considering going seafoodatarian just for one day. Never had real Dungeness crab and that platter does look amazing.
I'll at least try, or pop some oyster mushrooms to fool myself ;)
Great pieces! Those Ombres jeg really beautiful... SurfnSci love your Cortez keshi bracelet and ring!

Gorgeous, SurfnSci!!! Those SOC keshi look amazing in that bracelet you created. So beautiful!

It would be worth it, Douglas!!:yumyum::yup:

My last two pieces from the Kojima Studio visit- an Akoya keshi rope with graduated color and a tiny turtle clasp, and a pearl stuffed shell.
08778164-C76F-4343-B338-F03330DF6B60.jpg
BFD55F78-72C3-4EBC-A0E1-5F724872854B.jpg

SurfnSci your new SOC Kesha pieces are divine!!! Linda Wald, we are being very cautious too, tons of masks, enough hand sanitizer to give off toxic fumes, no food or drink on plane etc., but hotel was very clean and little contact, lots of outdoor dining etc. ... we’d love to see you again when you feel ready :). And yes, LOTS to see in lovely Sausalito; Walter is very determined to get a ferry ride this time, even if he goes alone, turns around and comes back lol. (Planning most of my serious pearl shopping to coincide with that ferry ride ;)) Douglas ... oyster mushrooms! And you know we’ll bring vegan snacks for you!

Jeg the little turtle works so well on the tiny akoyas and that lovely shell!

Thank you so very much, Douglas, Purranha, Jeg and CathyKeshi!

jeg Ooh, I love love love your new stuffed shell pendant!!! And what a lovely ombre akoya keshi rope! The turtle clasp is perfection.

Converted the SoC bracelet to a necklace today :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220320_183428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	440.1 KB ID:	460582

Thanks Cathy and SurfnSci! SurfnSci, those keshi really exhibit the rainbow overtones of SOC. It’s a wonderful bracelet/strand!

Another pic of the Kojima stuffed seashell, on freshwater chains I made. The pearl earrings are from Sausalito, and made by a German artist. I thought they looked like tiny clam shells.
F8257131-C420-4DEC-A138-93FE3FB84EC4.jpg
CF3E736E-C8C6-4DE8-AB5D-035B0E85B860.jpg

BTW: I have posted the invite to Pearl by the Bay 2022!

Yay, Douglas!

I received my strand of classic Akoya pearls from Takahashi Pearl, after being held in customs for a lengthy period. I wanted a classic strand of smaller pearls. I removed a couple pearls to also keep it a little shorter. While I was at it, I also asked for another pair of studs that didn’t need to match the strand, but they actually go together quite nicely. I’ve had them for a little while now, but I was waiting for some sunlight to take some snapshots. I ended up using the shadow instead.

ED914259-4D81-4F59-81A3-0D7BC722A566.jpg
1FEB2AAB-95A1-40E5-970D-5A803BFFE085.jpg
EE934F1F-227A-441A-8D9E-634EE1891100.jpg

Superb luster jeg
Those Akoyas are splendid! Why did they stay in customs so long? Did they say anything about it?
Will you be bringing it over to the event?

Douglas, I can’t remember the exact wording but it had something to do with further inspection because it was flagged as an animal culture or byproduct or something like that. They never opened the package, though. I can bring it with me if you’d like to see it. I usually don’t pack a lot of pearls for traveling, but I can bring anything if there’s something in particular someone wants to see.

I haven't been around much lately and missed a lot of photos and news. Beautiful pearls and creations when I look through the pages.

Wow. They must have used the wrong tariff code. So, weird! But glad it made it home to you :)
I would love to see it!

Ooh the new Akoyas are really dreamy, Jeg ... what luster! Really perfect :)

Glad to see you back, Charlotta! Thank you so much, Cathy! I really love both the strand and the studs.

Kojima feather pearls with sentimental hearts of gold. Long before the Traveling Pearl, there was this golden heart locket. It was a gift when I was very young, and I wore it daily. The bracelet was also a gift, but from a different time.
A3A8FF85-97DE-4E52-8E44-CCBF1A9804A5.jpg
3CCBEB87-C282-4F59-AD08-6D43A31F7A64.jpg

I have been MIA lately due to some family health issues but I do love seeing all you beautiful ladies in your beautiful pearls! So sorry to miss Pearls By The Bay. I am unable to travel to the left coast at this time. Please upload lots of pics cause I want to see all you lovely ladies & the beautiful pearls!

Recently, I had my mixed SSP necklace "enhanced". After 4 years, I found the exact bracelet (all gold SSP) to attach to my princess length necklace and make it a matinee length of mixed SSPs. I've always enjoyed "tranformer" jewelry as it's a good way to use it casually or more formal or just to be able to make my pieces more versatile. See before and after images below. Hope you like them. Have a good weekend.
IMG_2935.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3222.jpg
IMG_3224.jpg

Such a pretty combination jeg . I do have my share of sentimental jewelry that I rarely use anymore. To many pearls I guess. Your heart pendant is beautiful
mantan09 it transformed beautifully. Gorgeous lustrous pearls

Back