Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you jeg, echo and Cathy! I am very happy with that Kamoka chocolate! The color is quite a chameleon, the pink shine comes out randomly and seems impossible to capture, but it is in there too!

jeg Those JNB peacocks are my holy grail circles! And somehow you have a whole rope of these beauties!
And those keshis...As echo said they are like the royalty of all keshis demanding immediate attention and admiration! Takahashi has some incredible pieces!

echo Lovely GSS pearl! A possible solution for the tiny bail is also a “clasp-like” ring, I was looking into those some time ago and have them saved on etsy, the shop has very good reviews also for this product. The shop’s name is FindRare and the item is called 14k Gold Clasp • Yellow / Rose / White • 8mm / 10mm • 1mm thick • Removable Hinged Connector Bail Charm Pendant Holder • Push Lock Ring

They are put of WG options now, but I am sure they will restock soon.
C50CEE37-81AC-4B92-9A94-F41F4D6A896C.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	C50CEE37-81AC-4B92-9A94-F41F4D6A896C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	23.4 KB ID:	459704

Thank you, echo, CathyKeshi, and eolian! Eolian, the circle pearls were a happy find. I just got back from a vault visit, where Imgarden had a gorgeous strand that had been held from a previous visit. A rope of dark Tahitians was the last thing on my check off list because I kept putting it off. I’m glad I waited because these pearls are so nice for circled pearls. Funny how I posted the SS keshi right after because that was the next to the last piece on my wish list. It took a long time to find a strand of bigger keshi, and this strand did not disappoint. Thanks everyone!

Echo, I use something similar to eolian. A gold hinged enhancer type piece, but I don’t have anything with quite as long a bail as your pendant. You’d have to see if you like it with the extra extension. Also, after looking through all my leather pieces, I realized that I have a ton of leather and seashell things, but not much with pearls. I might have to do something about that...

Welcome JohnLeaf, and your fun puddle find! Enjoy wearing that!

Stuffed seashell pendant from Kojima, leather and Tahitian bracelets from France, and an Akoya tin cup I wrapped.
96E52E57-6789-49A9-AA1F-F7EDDA8EBB10.jpeg
94C77BC7-8271-4676-841B-41BA715726D7.jpeg

Thank you so much for the recommendations Cathy, eolian pearls and jeg! I’m going to give the clasp a try once it’s back in stock. It looks nice and secure. Thanks to your ideas I experimented with a little WG sleeper earring I have. The only downside is once the clasp is added, the pendant will hang sideways revealing the bail hole. Not really an issue if the bail hole is round. But the jeweller made it almost a semicircle shape so the side worn against the chest would lay flat. Lol I guess this solution will do for now if I want to wear it on a thicker chain/cord.

80FC7E04-E6E4-4C31-A749-BD7495A17774.jpeg

Oh my goodness, everyone has such beautiful and unique pearls this week!!! I'm so excited to catch up!

jeg I don't even know where to start, haha! Your Kojima medley strand is divine, and your ombre SS/Tahitian rope is gorgeous. The JNB circle strand and your GSS keshi nugget necklace and that pretty tahitian keshi scatter necklace and akoya tincup, just WOW. ..And I of course just love seeing your cool stuffed shell pendant. Wow, so many incredible pearl looks to aspire to :eek:

eolian pearls Oh my gosh your mini Love tahitian strand is so beautiful! It looks amazing in the light! And it pairs so well with your new Kamoka chocolate T...ooh, I can't stop staring at your neck shot - what colors and luster!!

echo That is a very pretty GSS; it looks ethereal, almost iridescent. And I like your bail solution with the thicker cord. (I also like your comment that keshis are quiet achievers; I certainly agree and am only now starting to appreciate them for how fun and lovely they are!)

JohnLeaf What a find!!! And welcome!

Thank you SurfnSci! The mini love strand (7,7-9mm) is my little treasure, it looks very similar to my bigger ( 8-11mm) Love necklace but it is much more wearable. Here it is with my other floaters.

jeg I love everything about your pearls& shell& leather combination so much!!!! How you layered the leather necklace amd the akoya tin cup is a sign of master layerer that you are! I never would have thought that it could work so beautifully! Love love love!!!!

A peak of what is on my beading board, I am placing around and moving some pearls on both Bliss and Love strands...
CF2DD057-CE2B-4B96-907A-EDC585B0F4CB.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	CF2DD057-CE2B-4B96-907A-EDC585B0F4CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	217.7 KB ID:	459750
CF2DD057-CE2B-4B96-907A-EDC585B0F4CB.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	CF2DD057-CE2B-4B96-907A-EDC585B0F4CB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	217.7 KB ID:	459750

Last edited:
A Joyful Saturday to All! I am GORGING on the Gorgeous photos posted! Capturing some of their warmth too! It's been COLD lately and I have been flooded with work.

So many pretty pearls jeg. Those golden south sea keshis are spectacular.
Very pretty pendant echo. Bails can be a pain for sure.
Your Bliss strand is amazing eolian pearls. Love the different colors and how pretty the ombre is made.

Thank you Charlotta! I do love the Bliss strand! I am still waiting for the last few pearls to arrive to finish the 2022 version of it ;-)

You are so organised with your pearl shopping eolian pearls. Mostly I just buy the pearls that I think looks pretty and most of the time I forgot to check the sizes of them...sometimes I get surprises. I can always use them for something, regardless of size. Every time I buy pearls for a specific purpose or project I almost always ends up using it for something else. Like my Hearts Delight rope. I had just cut apart several strands for some other project (don't remember what I was going to do), had all these lovely favorite pearls loose on two beading boards and bowls and just started playing with them. At that time I didn't have lots of green tahitian that I liked loose, but now I have added those as well. Usually when I does an ombre I place them rainbow style, but in Hearts Delight I have two purple sections and the tahitian purples are placed between green and blue for example. I did let the pearls decide.

Charlotta Haha! I play this game with myself where I pretend I have control over my pearl spending;-) 2021 was a “click right away and ignore bank statements” kind of year for me and with this strategy the Bliss and Jumbleberry strands happened...And now I am back to “just looking for the right colors” mode :) I LOVE your Hearts Delights rope!!! I was kind of thinking about making Bliss a rope but it stays 22 inches for now...probably... ;-)

My Hearts Delight rope was making meant to be around 25 inches or so eolian pearls, just enough lenght to put it over my head without a clasp
Then I exchanged some pearls and added some other and suddenly it's 34 inches long... I do have my Rainbow Delight strand that are 20 inches long for a short strand if I just want to wear that. Sometimes I'm not in a rope mood.

No pearl pics for today. Just returned from Hawaii and only took my Traveling Pearl and a few stud earrings with me.

Bunny and Traveling Pearl, and my dessert selection following the award winning brunch at the Halekulani.
4B57C657-8469-413C-9488-DA19CFAAC153.jpeg

And suddenly I have a desire to visit Hawaii! Eolian, I play that game ... my variation is "I play this game with Walter where I pretend ..." ;)

eolian pearls I can't wait to see the final version of your gorgeous Bliss strand!!! And I, too, pretend to have control, which usually lasts for at most a few months. But then I tell myself, go ahead - so many pearls, so little time!

jeg ​​​​Hope you had a lovely trip! That brunch looks amazing

Thank you SurfnSci and Charlotta!

eolian pearls your bliss and love strands are amazing. Those silvery white Ts stand out. I absolutely adore them.

jeg I’m drooling over the cake on your plate and the stunning Hawaiian scenery:love:. They are as delicious looking as your pearls

Happy Valentine's Day Beautiful Pearl People!

Thank you SurfnSci and echo! echo the silverly whites that you are referring to ( I think you mean those at the front line of the bliss strand) are actually 10mm akoyas from Takahashi. I do love them too and yes, I do have a whole silver blue akoya strand from them slowly moving across the continents... As I said I am on Tahitian pearl ban island ;-) And I was reminded that I really really want a whole strand when I saw a picture of yours actually! And well, yes, I did make a smaller akoya order from FlowerJem too...I think I need to change the ban island. :)))
jeg Your brunch and the view are both absolutely delicious!

Happy Valentines day everyone! I was wearing my little crab (a gift from my bf) and tiny multicolor akoya chain today. Akoyas have my attention these days :)
3A9CE548-E5D0-46A2-A451-252DD38A107A.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	7D984CD1-09F3-450F-949E-24C8FEA79F66.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	234.6 KB ID:	459867

Attachments

• 3A9CE548-E5D0-46A2-A451-252DD38A107A.jpeg
    3A9CE548-E5D0-46A2-A451-252DD38A107A.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 40
That little crab pendant is adorable. South Sea pearl? Your beautiful tiny Akoyas and the crab pendant complement each other very well!

eolian pearls I agree with Douglas, your crab pendant is really adorable and it looks lovely with those pretty mini-akoyas!

J. Hunter bracelet worn as a necklace today, with the two extra bracelet pearls I made into earrings. (The pastel-ish colors were the closest I could get to Valentine candy conversation hearts!)

20220214_164605 (1).jpg
20220214_162629.jpg

Back