Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves, I love seeing your weaving (and now braiding projects). You are a superb, creative weaver. Keep the photos coming, please.

TriciaS thank you! I can’t wait to see yours! These also exceeded what I envisioned. I too was surprised by the roundness versus baroque. I still find myself just touching them and looking at them. The coloring is amazing on the pearls.

Lovely Donna...these Blue Akoya just GLOW against your skin...they really compliment you, and you compliment them as well :)
Happy Upcoming Birthday and Congratulations on your Master's Degree :birthday::arms:
Twice the Celebration!

Thank you, Donna, Cathy, Douglas and Charlotta! Wow, what an honor to be on your bucket list, Donna!! We can check that off anytime! ;):yup:

What a fantastic strand of Akoya, Donna! Your excitement is infectious!! I almost feel like I’m wearing them.:eek: Also, congratulations on your big milestones. Your pearls are well earned!

jeg thank you!!! I never expected to love them this much. I am so fascinated with pearls, took me long enough to appreciate them.

Charlotta thank you too! They definitely have made my day.

CortezPearls - thank you. It definitely is twice the celebration … and I keep thinking I need one more strand. After all, you only turn 60 once!

after one more strand then time to think about bracelets, earrings, rings. Oh my what have I gotten myself into?!? (See me grinning?)

DonnaH ... you look fantastic in those beautiful silver blue akoyas ... welcome to the CULT lol ... ;)

TriciaS, 2 strands that can be connected is my favorite game plan when I can ... so versatile. Just play with your new pearls; they will change color with your clothing, lipstick etc., as whether you wrap close to your neck, or long as a rope ... they really look good on everyone in one fashion or another.

Ah, Douglas, there's a goal ... a necklace mixed of GSS keshi and Cortez keshi ... SIGH. If such a thing ever appears around my neck, I'm telling Walter it's all your fault ...

DonnaH They are so beautiful and look amazing on you! Congratulations!!!!! And well-deserved for your Master's Degree - what an accomplishment:arms: Haha, there's never a pause on pearly purchases, as my poor husband knows.

Don't log in often but always look at, admire and enjoy ALL these beautiful PG treasures.

Love your summer outfits, Jeg and as for those champagne goldens...

And congratulations on your milestones DonnaH. Are you sure you are turning 60??? Your pearl enhanced neck looks decades younger ;)

Happy days, Douglas, with a growing family and life giving rain.

CathyKeshi - it is a cult! Proud to be a part :lmao: my husband may not be so happy about that. SurfnSci thanks. My masters was a personal goal, what better time than a bit before retirement. Glad I did it but glad it’s behind me! Happy Huku - hi. Thanks for the sweet comments. Maybe the pearls will help the wrinkles on my face too. Ha! Turning 60 is a bit of a mental thing with me but my two new strands are helping to ease into the next decade. Enjoying 59 for a little bit longer.

my pearls (the newest) are back on this morning - even before coffee! I don’t think they will ever get old!

you guys are all so kind and thanks for sharing in my complete joy. Not many people around me actually get it. But, I know you guys do! So thanks for putting up with my giddiness! Happy Friday!

TriciaS, even if you think that your new akoyas don't quite suit your skintone there are always ways to get around that. I think that anyone can wear any color, you just have to add some other colors. Like I look horrendous in peachy colors, but if I make them rainbow style with lots of other colors then it's fine. I normally don't like pastelles on me, but I have lots of silvery blue akoyas, all mixed with other colors. Mostly cooltoned tahitians. Many people don't think that they can wear any color of golden south sea pearls. If they were to add a white south sea strand or mix them up a bit it would likely be gorgeous. That is if you truly love the strand. No point in keeping a strand you don't like. Personally however I never return pearls. If they aren't quite what I thought they would be I can always make something else. Also shipping to sweden takes forever...

Thank you, Happy Huku! Glad you stopped by!

Donna- bracelets, earrings, rings?!?! Oh Boy!! You are hooked! Can’t wait to see what you’re thinking of adding. In the meantime, I know you will enjoy your new strands.:love:

Tricia, I really love all pearls, even though some colors are definitely better suited to my coloring. I find that wearing a higher neckline so more of the pearls sit on the material rather than just your skin makes a difference.

A Kamoka bracelet, Tahitian keshi from Cees, two custom scatter necklaces hooked together and worn looooong, with a Kamoka pendant.
Click image for larger version  Name:	90853F0F-0FB0-4157-B52B-3CB6B7861820.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	259.2 KB ID:	455164
Click image for larger version  Name:	481844F1-EC06-4AA1-A7B3-938706ABA8D2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	455165

9759BE27-DAFE-4D95-A3AE-B033DAEA9CE0.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	9759BE27-DAFE-4D95-A3AE-B033DAEA9CE0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	455180

OMG the long tin cup Jeg!!!! And the golden keshis!!! And keshis from Cees!!! And your dainty SS keshi tin cup that is just deamy...Yes, I agree with DonnaH your collection is bucket list worthy...

DonnaH your blues are AMAZING!!!! You made the best possible start into pearls with your choices! I am looking forward to seeing what you choose next...

TriciaS give those blue akoyas time and look at them in different lights... They are chameleons and from what I have seen somehow adjust to what you are wearing and even to the mood ;-)

I have been wanting to wear my circle ombre with my new ombre bracelet and well another linen dress...During the summer heat here the full pearl necklace can be too much but I am enjoying dressing up in pearls for dinner so this is my new go to combination.

Happy weekend everyone!
9759BE27-DAFE-4D95-A3AE-B033DAEA9CE0.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	9759BE27-DAFE-4D95-A3AE-B033DAEA9CE0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	455180

Thanks so much, BWeaves, Sarah, Donna, SurfnSci, Charlotta, and eolian! I don’t often wear the PP tin cups in that long lariat, but it does create a bit of drama.

Eolian, those bronzy, greenish tones in your ombré are simply fabulous!

My pearls from the Vault sale arrived. A pair of Little h earrings! Soufflé pearls stuffed with seed pearls, rubies, turquoise, and little gold balls. I put them on and headed out to lunch yesterday. :eek: Worn with a white SS strand from Cees.
Click image for larger version  Name:	B84A91BA-8D3F-4A8C-9C8C-273D91C9EBB7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.4 KB ID:	455184
Click image for larger version  Name:	B84A91BA-8D3F-4A8C-9C8C-273D91C9EBB7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.4 KB ID:	455184

Last edited:
jeg, just when I think you can’t possibly surprise us with any more beautiful pearl looks, you show us that long scatter necklace combination. And then you top that off with the those fantastic little H earrings. What a gracious shape they are, and the combination of rubies, turquoise, and pearls is surprisingly lovely.
eolian pearls I love your circle ombre necklace. The variety of colors gives such life to it.

Charlottaeolian pearlsCathyKeshijeg, and everyone else who gave me advice about my new blue akoyas, thank you! I was a bit under the weather...and looked it...so I think that influenced how I felt about them. Here they are, worn together.

I’m attending a dressy wedding in two weeks and plan to wear them with a navy lace top and silk pants. I may be seeking your advice on how best to “style” them.
89B5D204-42C7-42B7-A8EC-15BB6642D8E2.jpeg
643739E6-AE77-445F-B656-D4C9F8EB85F4.jpeg

The earrings in my previous post are silver (dyed) FW Keshi studs from Kojima and the small silvery grey (also dyed) necklace is from pearlescence. I wear both of these A LOT...they are casual yet elegant, I think.

Back