Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending virtual chicken soup and hoping you feel better soon, BWeaves.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Thanks Cathy. I'm sneezing my head off, while hand weaving. Don't tell my boss! If I'm going to be sick, I might as well enjoy my sick day.

UPDATE: I feel like I'm being punished for bragging about the hot weather. I'm even sicker today. Just a head cold. I'll get over it.
      Last edited by BWeaves; 02-26-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Oh yikes, Red! That sort of weather would have all schools closed and people staying home or in car accidents in Texas! We do not know how to drive in snow!!! Hope you are staying warm (it looks like you are!) and keep those pearls on... the Fijis and Ts should give you a bit of inner warmth just by their colors!

Jeg! Why don't you ever take us with you?

Comment

• Ooof Red, that's a lot of snow! I hope you can snuggle up at home and don't have to drive in it.

jeg, I want to come to one of your tea parties!
          Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• We have already set the record for the most snowfall in February. As for driving in it, we were fine in the metro, but no one was driving in Southern Minnesota on Sunday. Take a foot of fresh snow, add sustained 40 mph winds and you get drifts that no one can drive through. This is my nephew standing in his driveway which had been plowed the day before. Now it was covered with 5 foot drifts of snow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	52607788_727119306157_4958617997536133120_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	386694

Today I am wearing a perfect Kamoka Tahitian pendant with my OSKA shirt Turea in Flint. They might call it Flint, but it is also one of my favorite Tahitian pearl colors.

Name:	20190226_173614.jpg
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	386695

Comment

• That is a lot of snow Red! We seem to be having less snow than usual so far this year. I don't know if El NiŮo has anything to do with it, but I'm not complaining.

Comment

• Beautiful tahitian pendant Red, lovely pendant. So much snow, ours is gone now. Snow is the main reason for me driving an off road truck. It got stuck just once but not-husband got me loose quickly. Also it's so high that I see everything and really sturdy because 2 years ago I had an accident with some slick ice and a roadsign, just scratches on the car and none on me. It just plowed through the snow a couple of years ago when there was a blizzard and I had to go to work. So it is possible to drive in snow amti...you just have to be careful and have good tires.

Comment

• Wow, that’s a gorgeous pendant, Red. That’s one of my very favourite pearl colours, too. I have a floating pearl from Kamoka in a similar colour, but it’s smaller (10mm) and I don’t wear it much. Maybe I’ll try to sell it and start a search for something bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by SydK View Post
                    Wow, thatís a gorgeous pendant, Red. Thatís one of my very favourite pearl colours, too. I have a floating pearl from Kamoka in a similar colour, but itís smaller (10mm) and I donít wear it much. Maybe Iíll try to sell it and start a search for something bigger.
                    Thank you, SydK and Charlotta. SydK, my pendant is not much bigger than yours, only 11mm. I had to go and check after your comment. I hope you find something that you love to wear.

Name:	VendorPendant.jpg
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	386697

Comment

• That's a gorgeous pendant Red! I cannot imagine that much snow. I wouldn't know how to live in it or drive in it. I've been in Florida too long.

Comment

• Your Kamoka pendant is stunning, Red ... what a luscious color, and yes, so perfect with your top. Testimony to the power of one simple statement, needing nothing else.
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Beautiful pendant, Red. I love the tones! I could deal with snow for a month or two but not months on end. Our weather is all over the place...rain & in the 40's/50's last week, sunny & high 60's through today, rain & 40's/ 50's again starting tomorrow through next week. The grass in my yard is starting to grow, daffodils are blooming, bradford pear & Japanese magnolia trees are blooming & so is the flowering quince. Looks like we're getting an early spring.

Comment

• I wish you could have been here today. Mid 70s and little white puffy clouds with a gentle breeze. The weather was perfect, in February. Summer is going to be horribly hot.

New Green & Lavender studs from Kamoka. Tahitians from Kojima, and TNT from Ocean's Cove.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_b4e.jpg
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	386731
                            Last edited by BWeaves; 02-28-2019, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• It all depends on how you define perfection. Today was a sunny winter day, just 5 degrees F this morning. Perfect weather for my new OSKA woolens, and the two feet of snow in my yard is still here tonight. My pearls are Fiji keshi.

Name:	20190228_173834.jpg
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	386732

The Home Opener for the local major league baseball team is in four weeks. Wondering how that will go, but things can change fast.

Comment

• Red, your Fiji pearls are perfection with the snow and the cuddly woolens!

Comment

Working...
                                X