Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEG: Those strands are gorgeous. I was eyeing them (well everything really) on the Kojima site. Travelling Pearl gets all the best views.

Comment

• JEG

Have Pearls Will Travel!

Anyone old enough to know what I'm referring to?☺️

Comment

• Oh, yes we are. Have Gun Will Travel. I like the Pearls version better.

Cold this morning, but hot by this afternoon. I've already changed out of this cashmere sweater and boots to something less warm. Ropes, ropes, ropes and B&W Tahitian studs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9e4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	384667

The ropes used to nest perfectly, but I've restrung them and now the blue akoyas are longer and my first akoyas are shorter. I think I strung my first akoyas too tight. They're still a bit kinky. I hope they'll loosen up with wear but they haven't so far.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9e6.jpg
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	384668

Today, part deux. I had a doctor's appt. this morning and it was cold (40F). Came home for lunch and it's going to be 69F by this afternoon. Time to change to a cotton sweater. One less rope and Mom's pearl circle pin.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9e7.jpg
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	384673

I think I'm going to restring my first akoya rope again. The kinky tightness is bugging me. Good thing I love restringing pearls, right? I keep forgetting that I don't need to pull Beader's Secret as tight as I used to knot silk. It doesn't stretch out like silk does.
        Last edited by BWeaves; 12-06-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Cbpearllover, the colors on my studs from Oceanscove is more colorful than in my photos. The lighting isn't good enough. They are pretty accurate in the etsystore though. JerseyPearl always has many different photos of the same for exampel pair in different lighting. They are accually very beautiful in real life, high luster, no blemishes. I am very pleased with them a have a pair of golden studs on the way to me as well. I have been eyeing those aubergine and the mismatched studs for some time.

Comment

• That blue rope is so gorgeous Bweaves and of course I love your mismatched tahitian studs, I did were my pair today. Thatvnew ripple strand is beautiful.
            Cbpearllover, that tahitian strand is beautiful.
            Love your new kojimapearls Jeg. It seems you have better weather than me...rain, cold qnd no light.

Comment

• Jeg: Enjoy your vacation! I bet the weather is amazing there, its all rainy and cold here in Dallas. Booo....

Charlotta: I figured they were as vibrant as in the pictures, that aubergine pair is to die for! I use to think silvery blue was my favorite color, might be changing my mind on that. I love that she has very reasonable sizes for her studs too, I can't really picture myself with sizes 10mm or greater. But 7-9mm? Perfecto!

BWeaves: I love how you mixed all your colors of ropes! I always tell people you don't have to match exactly in color and shape, just coordinate. Is your akoya rope a "true blue," or more of a silvery-blue? I have a silver-blue showing up today, but it probably won't be long before I plot a blue akoya purchase. Also on your rope being knotted too tight, I use to think I could never over-tighten a strand with B.S. But not long ago, I strung a small golden dyed FWP necklace just for fun. I've been wearing it here and there, and even wore it as a torsade or with a pendant thinking it would stretch it out. No luck Guess I have something to restring now

Comment

• BW, I love all your peal combinations!

Today I'm wearing my 3mm white freshwater rope - worn tripled:

Name:	IMG_7145.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	384675

My neck shot doesn't do them justice. Here they are on a paper towel:

Name:	IMG_7157 (2).jpg
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	384676

Comment

• Wow! Those tiny pearls are so awesome, and really really classic, too. And they really do glow. What a fun style

Comment

• Back to the office today and wearing my new PP VIP circled Tahitian strand out for the first time. I love the look of these big beautiful pearls. Tahitian studs selected in person at PP during the 2017 ruckus.

Name:	20181206_164232.jpg
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	384677

Comment

• Mahalo, Red, 86C, Sunseeker, BWeaves, BCM, Charlotta, and CBPearllover! It is a treat to be on vacation in the sunshine this time of year.

BWeaves, you have chosen pearls from the sales that I would’ve chosen, too! I loved everything.

Annie, I love your tinies! A versatile strand, for sure.

Red, so good to see you out and about and getting back to the office. That is such a gorgeous strand of big T’s! I will look forward to seeing it in person one of these days.

A photo of two more strands that I brought with me. Both Kojima, but not new. White and gold SS, mixed with blue baroque Akoya and Akoya keshi. Second strand has blue and white Akoya keshi and a white SS pendant from PP.

Name:	D528E611-5B07-4B39-B0B5-D821441E55DD.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	384678

Bathroom light-

Name:	A7627E2A-BDA8-4E63-8F18-8061F96AFF8B.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	384679

Comment

• Beautiful strands, Jeg! I especially love the white/golden SS & blue Akoya rope! Swoon!!! Get the smelling salts!!

Comment

• Isn't it neat how Sarah relates the strands so that they nest well and look good together. The akoya keshi element ties these together and I love the SS pearls. So pretty, and perfect for the beach in Hawaii.

Comment

• Annie, you're really making me want to buy up some strands of 3mm pearls and make a rope! I've seen some vendors carrying them, but I always though of them as filler pearls to go in a larger piece. I'm learning from you all, tiny pearls rock
                            Red, those are huge tahitians! It's cool to think of all the photoshoots those were in, who knows what celebrities wore them? If pearls could talk.
                            Jeg, you have the most beautiful necklaces. Those Kojima strands are true gifts from the ocean.

Comment

• Thank you, 86C, Red and CBPearllover! I just love Sarah’s fanciful play with pearls.

The sun was setting as I was on my walk tonight-

Name:	64EFE4AC-9A41-42C6-A641-F218F17DA3AB.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	384681

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0807.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	384686Here are my impulses fulfilled - I received a beautiful 100" silvery white rope and I'm moved by its beauty. The pearls are well matched in color, the luster is lovely and the surface of each pearl is smooth and clean. The knotting is uniform and professional. I wish I'd bought 2, one for each wrist.

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	384685

Pearls of Joy 100" endless rope w 8mm accent pearls, silver white AA+ pearls.
                                Last edited by lisa c; 12-07-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X