Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Cathy! It’s a small, but special piece to me.

Thanks, Jersey Pearl. I am afraid your suggestions are lost on me. No gemstones or white blouses. I am more of a boho, lagenlook type. No tailored, classic looks for me.

Eric, when you purchase a temporary strand, you can find out how many pearls, range of size, and weight per strand. They are typically strung to make into an approximately 18” necklace, so the overall look of the strand might be more important than number of pearls, weight, etc.

Comment

• Thanks Sunseeker! I think if I pile anymore on I would be a tangled mess! (But it doesn’t hurt to try...)

Comment

• Originally posted by ericw View Post
        Thank you a lot, JerseyPearl. So that means that purchaser don't know how many pearls, weight or number, he buys in case of pearls loose's strands. Strange...
        No, not necessarily. For instance, if a retail vendor is selling a specific strand they will usually indicate the number of pearls, the length and the sizes (in a range of smallest to largest). If a vendor is selling a larger number of strands, they will indicate an approximate length and size...so not strange at all!
        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Thank you Jeg, 18" is a unit I didn't know, even approximative.
          JerseyPearl, I talk about ordinary pearls strands I see online, not in retailers' shops, and informations about the number of pearls are really scare.
          Of course, I don't talk of best qualities of pearls. I think that a wholesaler of a GSSP strand would give the number of pearls!:
          Last edited by ericw; 01-20-2018, 08:12 PM.
          Pearls carver
          www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
          www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

• When buying a pearl strand, it's usually approximately 18". The seller will usually state if it's longer or shorter. That's why ropes are often 36" because that's two 18" strands.

When I talk about a strand, I'm usually referring to a bunch of pearls knotted on one piece of thread, and the length of the necklace doesn't matter. So in my previous photos I'm wearing 2 strands hooked together to make one rope. Followed by an actual two strand necklace where both strands are attached to the same clasp. And the last photo shows 3 separate necklaces, so 3 strands. I use the word strand very loosely.

Comment

• BWeaves, I had understood that... It's why your post has made me think to Rajahs' necklaces weight, certainly incredible. And now, I know also what is a strand for a seller
              Pearls carver
              www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
              www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

• jeg those layers are just gorgeous! I love how they turned out.

BW, as always, love your pearls with tweed.
                Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Thanks so much, Battah!

Metallic Freshadama strand from PP-

Click image for larger version

Name:	B1340695-0994-475C-8FFD-A3102B296AFF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	380172

Comment

• Oh, my! Are those lavender, jeg? They look amazing against the white lace.

Comment

• Thank you, Pearl Dreams! They are a light pinky peach color. I usually wear it over fabric because the color tends to blend into my skin.

Comment

• Woah the luster on those are amazing Jeg.
                        I can't wear peach too coz it just blends into my skin tone. What a great idea over another fabric. White lace really makes it pop

Comment

• Well that's some amazing lustre !!! Those are beautiful pearls !
                          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Wow jeg, those have spectacular luster, very very beautiful freshadamas!

Comment

• Thanks so much Kalmen, Katbran and Pareltje! I really need to take them out more often.

Comment

• Gorgeous jeg! So lustrous.

Comment

Working...
                                X