Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

86C - love your "ho hum just going to get a manicure" pearls. Your earrings and tin cup are lovely with the blue akoya/souffle combo. The rope is a beautiful complement. I hope you post a pic tomorrow of the pearls you'll be wearing to the wedding. I love your baroque akoyas!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Any excuse to wear pearls!!! The tin cup & matching earrings are from SakuaPearlsAndGems &is about 42" long if I remember correctly. The blue akoya rope is from OceanRhyme. Both are sellers on Etsy.

I will be posting the pearls I wear to the wedding!

Jeg your bracelet turned out incredible ... the colors are stunning ... have fun rearranging ... leftover pearls = earrings maybe? I wanted to ask about the Tea Party food :)

Thank you, Katbran, Charlotta, Gemandpearlover, 86C, Bcm21mk, ParrotLady and Cathy!

Gemandpearlover, what a fun look for your walk. Can you believe I have a dog who hates to walk?! She’s a skinny little thing, too. Go figure.

86C, love those subtle colors combined. I bet the people at the nail salon loved your look, too!

Cathy, I haven’t decided which pearls to take out yet. I might try one of the big ones in the center and use it for a pendant charm. Or two of the smaller ones. I had lots of finger food for the tea. I’m having another tea party next week with a different group, so I will try to remember food pictures. My friends like to use the tea cups, but I also make lattes because most of us are into lattes rather than tea.

Sounds like so much fun, Jeg! My mother-in-law collected tea cups, so we always used those for coffee after dinner, setting the table with them. We all have some of hers spread throughout the family. Have fun!

Getting ready to head to the wedding. Keeping it simple. Embroidered silk tunic with my new baroque Akoya necklace & WSS diamond earrings. Also wearing one of my WSS diamond rings.

Attachments

• 20190216_141522.jpg
    20190216_141522.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 23
You look elegant 86C!! Your baroque akoyas are beautiful as are those WSS earrings. Dance the night away and have a wonderful time at the wedding.

Last year I sent my mother's akoya pearls off to PP to be restrung, but the pearls were in such bad shape that they really couldn't be worn. Even though I have 7 or 8 akoya necklaces of my own, my mother's pearls have sentimental value. So, I ordered a strand of unknotted fwp and strung them onto Mom's clasp. I'll keep the crappy old pearls in her jewelry box, but now I can at least wear her clasp. The pearls are 7.5-8mm and knotted are 20". They look really pink and that bothered me, but they look white when worn. In honor of President's Day, here they are with my cherry sweater.

IMG_2920.JPGIMG_2921.jpg

86CG & ParrotLady, you both look so elegant in your white pearls! Anything embroidered catches my eye, love the tunic and the white sweater!
Could you post a close up of the clasp, PL? If you did before, I may have missed it. A good solution for when pearls are just too worn to restring; both necklaces have great luster!

Gemandpearlover - your necklace looks great..I had no idea there were so many Koi items until I saw your Connector and looked up Koi on ETSY.
It looks wonderful, now I'm thinking about getting a Koi charm !

86C- Your pieces look wonderful, I do love the Blue Akoya. Fast becoming a favourite pearl ! Love that the nail salon women tried them on!

jeg- that is a gorgeous bracelet ! It's always difficult to adjust the length on larger or long pearls isn't it... little pearls make for an easy fix...larger you do have to just keep trying until you find the right combo! Good luck and do post the finished bracelet please !

Parrot Lady I love your new pearls in honor of your Mom. They glow! A closeup of your mom's clasp please.

Thanks, Katbran!

86C and ParrotLady, you both look lovely in your white pearls. 86C, I hope it was a joyous celebration. ParrotLady, they look very white on your sweater- even next to the pink cherries.

[/ATTACH]
Could you post a close up of the clasp, PL? If you did before, I may have missed it. A good solution for when pearls are just too worn to restring; both necklaces have great luster!

Patty, it's a 17x4mm brushed gold box clasp with her monogram engraved on it. It's pretty heavy so lies nice and flat.

View attachment 65598

Attachments

• IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 16
Thank you, Charlotta, Bcm21mk, CathyKeshi, Pattye, & Jeg. We had a wonderful time! We left the reception at 10:30 & the party was still rocking. Unexpected touch was she wore the 17" Akoya necklace hubby & gave her when she graduated HS. She looked beautiful & they make such a handsome couple. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Katbran, it was so funny when one of the ladies asked to try on the tin cup, then another one wanted to try on the rope, then the necklaces got passed around from one to another. Many had never seen blue Akoya.

Parrot Lady, the redo of your mother's pearls looks fantastic. What a wonderful way to honor her. They look absolutely beautiful on you!

Back