• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Bcm21mk

Jeg - I love your baroque akoyas. Their luster is quite luminous. Your sweater is beautiful too and shows off the pearls just beautifully.

86CG- cant't wait to see pics of your new baroque akoyas!! Did you get them from PP?

86Corvettegirl

I'll have to go home and measure them.

UPDATE: I don't have calipers, so I'm trying to eyeball it with a ruler.

The Kojima strand (shorter, paler strand) is 13 mm for the center pearl, and only slightly smaller for the others.

The Pacific Pearls strand (longer strand) is 15 mm for the center pearl with 12 mm pearls next to it. But most pearls are in the 12-13 mm range.

They're all baroque, so it's a little hard to get a precise measurement. They're way bigger than I thought I would ever like. And then PSS set in.

They're beautiful, especially worn together. I like the size; are they comfortable to wear? I've been looking at the Kasumi ripples in those sizes. Thank you for the measurements.

Last edited:

86Corvettegirl

Jeg, I love your sweater & your baroque Akoyas!! How long is it? It just glistens & glows! Your sweater looks comfy. You really are the Pearl Flower Fairie!!

Aerinha, I think your custom harvest strand is spectacular!! How long is it now? So many styling possibilities with it!! You did a wonderful job. Are you going to add a clasp to the bracelet or make it into a stretch bracelet?

Bcm21mk, I can't wait to wear it!! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday so I may wear them then. (if I can wait that long) Yes, I got them from PP.

aerinha

86C I Added all but 2 pearls from the bracelet to the rope, taking out the 4 edisons so it is roughly the same length as before, will have to measure it.

Bcm21mk

(Bcm21mk, I can't wait to wear it!! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday so I may wear them then. (if I can wait that long) Yes, I got them from PP.)

86C-
I too purchased the 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas from PP private launch! I regretted missing out the first time they were offered. They're due to arrive on Valentine's Day.

86Corvettegirl

86C-
I too purchased the 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas from PP private launch! I regretted missing out the first time they were offered. They're due to arrive on Valentine's Day.

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see yours as well. I regretted missing out on them the first time, too.

Charlotta

Great restringing aerinha. If somethings bother you in a necklace it's best to remake it, I find.
Beautiful akoyas Jeg, the sweater is lovely to.

BWeaves

They're beautiful, especially worn together. I like the size; are they comfortable to wear? I've been looking at the Kasumi ripples in those sizes. Thank you for the measurements.

At first I found them very heavy, and then I got used to them. I still think they're heavy, but now it doesn't bother me.

The main thing about ripples is that each pearl is very unique. I have bought and returned several strands before I finally found ones I liked. I've tried on both Kasumi pearls and Chinese ripples, and the quality of both types is all over the place. I've received and returned strands where I only liked one or two pearls in the entire strand. I've tried on very expensive necklaces where the colors just didn't suit me. Also, the pearls look very different under different lighting. In my bedroom, the Kojima strand looks completely pale peach, but out in the sunlight, the greens and purples come out to play.

2thdktr

I have been out of town and I am just catching up on everyone.

CG, so sorry for your loss.

BWeaves- great pearl combos as usual and so tasteful coordinated with your wardrobe.

Jeg- always gorgeous-- and I love the embroidered appliques of the flowers on the sweater and so smart to pair with the simple, yet beautiful baroque akoyas.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you Charlotta and 2thdktr! Welcome home, 2thdktr- hope you were away doing something fun!

Still shoveling snow... This morning I was creating snow berms to hopefully avoid any flooding should we get too much rain on top of all this snow. It is finally doing a slow melt.

Keeping it simple again with a Tahitian strand and bracelet extender.
Click image for larger version  Name:	FC504C32-9741-48EF-8493-F8194074801D.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	386429

Click image for larger version  Name:	A914C222-1C8E-4CD4-9367-D4520953278D.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	386430

Last edited by a moderator:

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much Bcm21mk! It’s been an unusual winter. Fortunately the roads are clearing, but the pile up in the yard is unreal. A good excuse to stay indoors and play with pearls.

86Corvettegirl

What beautiful colors those Tahitians have, Jeg!! Especially in the bracelet!! They look so lovely on you!
I wish we could get some snow. All we've gotten is rain. Hubby & I would love to take the jeep out for a snow ride in the mountains of North Ga. The sun finally came out today but it's suppose to start back raining Friday & rain through next week.

BWeaves

JEG: I LOVE the colors of your Tahitians. I'd love a rope like that. (OK, I love everything. My lust has no bounds.)

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you, Charlotta, 86C and BWeaves! The bracelet has a beautiful array of colors. It holds its color no matter the lighting. As with so many T’s, the necklace is a little more dependent on the lighting to be at its most colorful, but the luster is great.

I love everything, too, BWeaves! I love variety. Plus, I’m a collector at heart...

Last edited by a moderator:

Red

Beautiful Tahitians, jeg. I love seeing your pearls.

I wore my new Kamoka ring in the wonderful shade of honey-khaki with my OSKA shirt and sweater. It's hard to see with all the reflections off the pearl, but it is exactly the shade of this shirt. OSKA calls it Shirt Amil in Brass. The station necklace is made with pearls from PP and either tourmaline or color-change garnet rondelles.

20190213_172259.jpg