Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching up pearls is very frustrating..well I think so ..as you noted ..you get a colour match from one direction but not from another. I'm sure the don't look that pink on your ears and the colour difference won't show up I'm sure. They are lovely !
    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Glad you like them, Sanippy! The wild blue/green color in the photo is on the side of the pearl but that means I can see it face-on.

Comment

• Love your Hanadama BWeaves.

Battah - gorgeous new creations!

PD, you have an eye for Tahitians!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katbran View Post
          Matching up pearls is very frustrating..well I think so ..as you noted ..you get a colour match from one direction but not from another. I'm sure the don't look that pink on your ears and the colour difference won't show up I'm sure. They are lovely !
          It's really not noticeable in real life. The color difference only jumped out at me when I put the studs away in my jewelry drawer which has a dark green velvet lining. The pink jumped out in contrast.

Comment

• Thanks so much, CL and Sanippy!

BW those are lovely, and thanks for the explanation about the pinks. I think white and red and two colors with infinite shade variations that can be tricky to pair with skintone. You definitely nailed the studs!
            Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Not my pearls, but I saw a woman on the train this morning wearing a multicolor FW strand, probably 18", and of a decent size, 9mm if I had to guess (but I'm not good at judging). She was also wearing pearl earrings. They're hard to explain, but 4 or 5 metal sticks (maybe 1-2" long) were gathered at and sticking down (like holding a bouquet of flowers upside down), and on each stick were strung 2 or 3 very small pearls, I think FW but wouldn't swear to it.

I really liked the necklace, and the whole ensemble reminded me of something someone who is a member here would swear. The necklace reminded me of a few I've seen on one of the threads here recently, maybe one of the ruckus ones, I can't remember. I don't think I've seen anything like the earrings. Anyway, she was clearly a pearl lover and I really wanted to speak to her, but she was far enough away from me that it was not possible.

Comment

• And now for something completely different. I hung my Mom's mabe enhancer on a gold knit chain, and wore my Miki yellow gold huggies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	376592

Comment

• Ooooh BW that enhancer is gorgeous!

Comment

• OMG, Sarah has TWO temptress ombre' necklaces on her website. Must not click the BUY NOW button. I'm perfectly happy with my Everything Bagel necklace.

Also, she has a cute little video of how the day starts at Kojima Pearls, acted out by puppets wearing pearls. It's at the bottom left of her front page.

Comment

• BWeaves - you caused me to drop everything and look at the Kojima website. OMG!!! The first Temptress is hard to resist - but now TWO???

Comment

• Oh, you must click on the photo of the "red shorts" in the lower left corner of Kojima's home page. They're not red shorts. It's a little video, and those are curtains hiding a little stage.

My very, very first earrings. I'll never wear them again now that I have the Hanadamas.

Name:	IMG_3203.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	376626

My first attempt at finding pearl drops. They're lovely, but not really what I wanted. Now I've bought big drops, these seem way too small to me. Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome.

Name:	IMG_3214.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	376627

Name:	IMG_3212.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	376628

I'm hoping someone on Diamond Bistro might give them some love. (I hope it's OK to say that.)
                        Last edited by BWeaves; 08-11-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Sarah picks the best pearls, man. She really has an eye for color and layout.

BWeaves those are still a great size on you!

Comment

• Hum, I know. They don't look so bad now that I look at them. And they're not bad. The dangles are actually quite lovely. But I have not worn them in decades, and I know I never will wear them again, and I need room in my jewelry case, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                              Oh, you must click on the photo of the "red shorts" in the lower left corner of Kojima's home page. They're not red shorts. It's a little video, and those are curtains hiding a little stage.

My very, very first earrings. I'll never wear them again now that I have the Hanadamas.

[ATTACH]53948[/ATTACH]

My first attempt at finding pearl drops. They're lovely, but not really what I wanted. Now I've bought big drops, these seem way too small to me. Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome.

[ATTACH]53949[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53950[/ATTACH]

I'm hoping someone on Diamond Bistro might give them some love. (I hope it's OK to say that.)
                              I have a very difficult time wearing that type of pearl dangle. The little jump ring on the post digs into my lobe. May I suggest that you cut off the post jump ring and use the dangle drop part as an earring jacket...maybe you might get more use out of them with a diamond stud at top, or a different pearl stud on top.
                              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• That is some enhancer! Your mother had a nice collection, you often show the items you inherited from her. Very nice. I'm now off to look at the Kojima site.

Comment

Working...
                                X