Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Pulled out my SoC pendant made by Stephen Vincent Design from pearls collected at earlier ruckuses. Worn with a Jean Marc Phillippe summer top that I purchased in Paris in March.

20180807_144755.jpg

WOW, Ladies!! So many beautiful pearls & so many beautiful combinations & textures! I'm going to have to step up my game. I had already bought the Waterfall Light from Kojima & when a full size Waterfall showed up on their site, I bought it too! I also got a 35" baroque multi color Tahitian necklace from my Aussie friend, David Norman, when he was in town last week.

Attachments

• 20180807_123734.jpg
    20180807_123734.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 21
Lovely layers everyone!!!

Red: I'm intrigued. What is attached to the chain that's hooked to your blouse? The SoC pendant is fantastic, but I must know what's on that chain!

Yesterday, La Perlagrina from Komoka, and earrings and tin cups from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_810.jpg

fullsizeoutput_812.jpg

Then I put on Mom's Lapis necklace for the "Before" photo. It's all cut apart now and I'm restringing it with the 10 mm Freshadama pearls I bought at Ruckus. Stringing attempt #1 is not going well. I need thicker thread, so I've ordered Beader's Secret in Royal in the thick version from Pattye. I tried tripling and quadrupling the regular size of Beader's Secret, but it's getting fiddly, and why should I struggle when I know Pattye has the perfect sized thread in the perfect color.

IMG_5781.jpg

Today I wore my Judy Jetson necklace and perfect Kojima drops on my diamond huggies.

In the shade:

fullsizeoutput_817.jpg

And in the sun: I still can't capture how sparkly the druzy quartz is.

fullsizeoutput_819.jpg

Lovely layers everyone!!!

Red: I'm intrigued. What is attached to the chain that's hooked to your blouse? The SoC pendant is fantastic, but I must know what's on that chain!

Ha, ha. It's sparkly colored rondelles ending in tiny pink tassels. This is my first time wearing this blouse, and I need to remember to take these off when I wash it. There are tiny lobster clips to do this.

20180807_175919.jpg

Red replace those with pearls!!! :D

Yes, we can start a new trend, Purr. Sew tiny fabric loops onto the neckline of your shirts, and hang lines of pearls and tassels from them.

This is especially nice on hot summer days to keep pearls off of the neck.

Red, that pendant is gorgeous! I loved seeing your pieces in person, your jeweler does such a great job setting your pearls (esp your SoC mabes with complementary gemstone colors!). And that shirt is so cool. If you want to make alternative pearl strand dangles for it, I'll send you some lobster clasps!

Corvette, nice catch on the waterfall necklaces! Those are gorgeous.

BWeaves, love your look. I'm smitten with olive green with pearls now.

2thdktr thank you <3

That ring is just really special.

Agreed that Battah's new horn & hand carved flower keshi ring is just totally gorgeous. If the ring size wasn't too loose for me, I would have bought it off of her fingers at the ruckus so quickly that no one else would have gotten a chance (given the roommate proximity advantage lol).

Battah is trying to see if she can find a smaller sized horn ring to make one for me, otherwise I would order the hand-carved flower ring without the horn base, which is still stunning.

Yes, don't I already have a double flower hydrangea ring from battah? Yes I do, but, but, but, I still need this new flower ring! It is so delicate and pretty, and the look and feel of the flowers are quite different! ;) ;) ;)

Purr, you're the sweetest! I love how excited you get about the stuff I make you, that makes me feel good <3 That's why I make jewelry - the smiles and happy feels!

Speaking of smiles and happy feels, lmgarden's keshi and multicolored fwp totally did that for me, so I attempted something similar with what I had on hand. Definitely shopping for cooler pearls to make a longer, more colorful one, too! I wore it with a gorgeous metallic FWP of Purr's that I'm currently playing with, and I think it layered well. Again, I'm not getting good pearl photo light in here, but the pearls are pretty colorful in person.

POTD01.jpg

For today, I'm wearing my 35" Tahitian strand paired with a blue Akoya/Soufflé tin cup & earrings inspired by BabyNurse. The Tahitians are weighty so I don't know how long I will be able to keep them on since it's so hot & humid today.

Attachments

• 20180808_131645.jpg
    20180808_131645.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 21
Sunseeker - It looks to be braided, although it *might* be crocheted. The artist who created it is SigalJewels on Etsy, although I picked up the necklace at a shop in Kauai :)

Thanks, battah, la_corsetiere! I adore this combo. The necklace is part of my uniform practically every day. It goes with everything! But now that I've gotten addicted and Sarah provides such great loose pearls, I'll be making several more items to start rotating out. :D

So many inspiring posts lately!

Thanks, Jesskat. I've been thinking of tooling around with the idea of crocheted or braided strands.

battah, I love the layers and how you repurposed some of your pearls. Well done. Pattey also wore some of those flattened keshi with Tahitinan and I really liked that look.

BW, love your layered looks with olive green. Perfect for summer.

Red, love your vertical pendant but yes replace those beads with pearls!!!

SS, it never occurred to me to pair the flattened keshi with multicolored pearls, I'm loving it. I've used them with rounds in one color, but I loved how LMG mixed them up.

More olive green today, this time with all the blue akoyas. These are dark blue baroque akoyas. Necklaces from PP and earring drops from Kojima on my own diamond hoops.

fullsizeoutput_822.jpg

Speaking of crocheted pearl necklaces, I have had this one done in faux pearls for a long time, and get many compliments on it, and have been wanting to recreate it in real pearls. There are plenty of youtube videos on bead crochet, and it is just a simple chain stitch, so it should be super easy.

The down side- this thing tangles like crazy. Just look at it the wrong way and it is in a 10 minute tangle. It's a definite Diva necklace.
Forgive the super bad photos, but hopefully SunSeeker and others can get some ideas and inspiration from this.

crochet pearl necklace.jpg

crochet pearl necklace1.jpg

Yesterday’s look, take 2, since I broke the thread on the keshi strand right after taking the photo yesterday so I didn’t actually get to wear it. Today I added some big ripple rings - the pearls are from Kong on Etsy, silver rings are cheap findings. They’re not amazing pearls but are fun to wear.

86E547AA-91AA-4722-ADB4-3629C3B2EE7D.jpg

Back