Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Golly Miss Molly will you look at that ... hokey smokes ! That is drop dead glam gorgeous...glamgeous?
    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• OH MY!

Little pearls, big pearls, pearls on rings, rings with pearls. I love them all. You ladies all look gorgeous in your pearls.

As much as I love multiple strands of small pearls, because they are so comfortable to wear, those Edisons are giving me pearl shrinkage syndrome. I thought my pearl choker had large pearls when I bought it back in the 1980s. Now it looks so tiny to me.

I'm curious, are Edisons heavy?

Comment

• BWeaves, Have a look at this thread for an idea of how much pearls go up in weight as they increase in size (volume). I updated it yesterday to include strands:

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...er-really-make

kelluvpearls, that is one amazing ring!

Comment

• That ring is gorgeous! Details on the mount please...
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Kelluvpearls, I can't wait for you to receive it and for us to see a handshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by baby nurse View Post
              As always, gorgeous choices, ladies!

'm going to re-post the ones of mine that disappeared...

Tiny lavenders from Mickeyy's suitcase, Ruckus 2014.

[ATTACH]39421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39423[/ATTACH]
              BN, those little lavenders are just perfect for that top. The colours just go well together.

What are white Edisons? They look like white metallics to me but are they completely different type of pearls?
              They are magnificent by the way

Comment

• Edisons are bead nucleated (and thus round) and larger; the metallic white FWP are neither bead nucleated nor very large, and are generally off-round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purranha View Post
                  I posted this before the server switch-over so got wiped!
                  [ATTACH]39414[/ATTACH]
                  Purranha, after seeing your beautiful jumbo white SS and Baby Nurse's white Edison I had to browse PPs white pearls (hahaha). Just a year ago I did not like white smooth round pearls but you ladies have converted me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                    BWeaves, Have a look at this thread for an idea of how much pearls go up in weight as they increase in size (volume). I updated it yesterday to include strands:

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...er-really-make
                    Thanks!! I had already reviewed that, and I've ordered some larger pearls that I sent back because I didn't find the weight comfortable. Of course, greedy me did order a 50 inch rope of Tahitians, so I know that's beyond my neck limit.

I guess what I'm really asking is how that particular Edison necklace feels to wear?
                    Can you compare the weight to something like a 36 inch rope of 8 mm akoyas or freshies?

Comment

• Hi Ladies! I know many posts got wiped this past weekend during the server migration. But responding to some posts that I remember seeing but got wiped.

BabyNurse! I actually have the ring in green (prehnite) & purple (amethyst), and have shared the story of the rings in this thread: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10250
                      It was GemGeek's Late Pearls of the Week - Amazing Jewelry Theater thread, and I thought my rings resembled one of the piece from the designer's Fairy Tail collection. The rings are from my mom's jeweler in Taipei, *inspired/fashioned* after Dior designs...

The pearls have some funny story behind it, which I shared in the First Pearl thread:
                      https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...ight=1st+pearl

Bailey! I still prefer colorful & baroque pearls over white rounds, but the occasional white rounds are very nice indeed.

Comment

• So I went to the Theory sample sale this weekend and picked up an olive colored silk blouse for a pretty awesome price.
                        Decided to wear my PoJ HG Ripples which picks up some metallic greens.
                        The color didn't really come off in the photo - the blouse is a much more vibrant olive in person.
                        But my HG ripples felt a bit lonely given I've used to multi-layers & ropes, so I decided to do some random layers today.
                        Both strands are from Kevin PoJ - Holy Grail Ripples + Wild Organic Baroque Silver Tahitians
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3996.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	363964

To be honest, the weight of necklaces doesn't bother me at all (but earrings is a whole other story!!!).
                        I hardly notice them and feel like I can easily load up on a few more ropes & strands lol!

Comment

• BTW BabyNurse I love your patterned dress and white edisons, and Kelluvpearls I LUV your new ring! I've already loved the inspiration photo you had of the Mikimoto conch pearl with pink diamond pave. I'm loving your version with Fiji pearl & pink pave!!! Gorgeous!!!

Comment

• baby nurse, can you tell us please the size of the graduated Edisons? (The range is enough.)
                            Also how many pearls are in the strand.

I'm trying to calculate for BWeaves the relative weight of something like that compared with a 36 inch strand of 8mm pearls.
                            Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 02-01-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• WHITE PEARLS - such a favorite of mine, lovely seeing them around these parts!

purranha, it is my firm belief that freshwaters and tahitians need to be mixed-matched far more often than they are. I LOVE the combo - the colors just pop against each other!

and Kelluvpearls, i cannot wait to see the Fiji ring in person! it is going to be spectacular, i just know it!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              ill-sorted ephemera
                              assorted bits and bobs, stuff and nonsense
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/illsortedephemera

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                                baby nurse, can you tell us please the size of the graduated Edisons? (The range is enough.)
                                Also how many pearls are in the strand.

I'm trying to calculate for BWeaves the relative weight of something like that compared with a 36 inch strand of 8mm pearls.
                                Will respond more a little later but here are some quick deets on the Edisons. They range from 9.2mm to 12.2mm, strand is 17", 39 pearls.
                                Luster is lovely, not metallic. They glow : )

BWeaves, I don't find them heavy in the least but I'm not bothered by weight around my neck at all. I am sensitive to weight on my ears.

Comment

Working...
                                X