Newbie seeking help!! Fake Mikimoto?? bought on eBay..:(

Simplypearl

Hi all, I am new to all this, hope someone can help me out. Bought this supposedly genuine "Mikimoto" bracelet on eBay UK. I am honestly not convinced after receiving it in the mail. I don't see any Mikimoto logo anywhere, the only stamp I see is 14K on the gold strip of metal which goes into the clasp. The gold clasp is not the same as the Mikimoto clasps I see on Google search. One of the coral beads is slightly cracked. I am pretty sure I got ripped off. Just wanted to seek for professional opinion before I file a claim with eBay. Thank you all for your valuable time!! Hope you all have a nice evening!! V

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 29
Very disappointing!

Does the seller have a return policy? If so, tell them you wish to return the bracelet for a full refund including original shipping cost. The cost of returning them is on you.

Are you in the UK then? Whether the seller agrees to a refund voluntarily or whether you have to file a claim with PayPal or eBay to get it, be sure to purchase whatever form of delivery confirmation/tracking Royal Mail offers. It must be viewable online so PayPal can see it that the seller got their item back; otherwise they will not refund. This is not the same thing as insurance, by the way, although you should also insure it. The type of tracking has to be the right kind for the price paid for the pearls. Here in the USA we have regular Delivery Confirmation for items worth under $250 and Signature Confirmation for items worth $250 and more. (It doesn't matter that the bracelet isn't actually worth what you paid for it-- buy the type of tracking for the amount you paid for it.)

I hope you will be able to get the refund without having to file.

Do report it as fraud to eBay. It is not hard to get your money back plus the postage the seller charged you. But do send it back only after contacting ebay and once they advise you to. This is important. Just follow their instructions regarding it. Also when you post it back and the PO puts their stamp on it take a photo of it in the PO or ask them to scan it for you. You could do this later but try to do it at the time. eBay will want to see a photo or a scan of it showing it has been posted back. Make sure you get a tracking number so the seller cannot try to say they did not receive it in the post.

Don't worry you should have your money back in a couple of weeks or so.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Hi y'all, Thank you all very much for taking your time replying to my post. Will make a claim with eBay right away as instructed. Really really appreciate all your help. Don't know what I'd do without you guys :') Best wishes to all, V

Simplypearl, I do not think you will get different answers on your new thread on Pricescope!

Don't wait until the window for filing a claim is over. Get your refund now!

Simplypearl, as Pearl Dream says they are not Mikimoto and you must file a claim with eBay and PayPal fast. It is easy to run out of time. You must do it now. You have been cheated and can get all of your money back if you act fast. eBay will direct you as to how to do it.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

Will do!! Couldn't thank you guys enough. Sorry for all the trouble I've caused....

***My reply on PriceScope this morning:***

Hi all, I am sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone here. Seller refused to issue a refund after trying to communicate with him/her before filing a claim with eBay. She kept on insisting it is a real Mikimoto and blamed me for making a false accusation. Thought it'd probably be a good idea to get a second opinion before I do anything drastic. I realized now instead of running around trying to do her work for her, I should probably put my priority into getting my money back. Thank you all again for your expertise and time. My sincere apologies for the confusion I've caused. Best wishes!!

SimplyPearl, you haven't caused any trouble at all. If I was new on these boards, I would ask on more than one forum, too. If you look under the names here, it says which ones are experts and such, but on some (non-pearl) forums I've been on, people get titles just from their time there or number of posts, so it can take a while to know who is who anyway. I think they were just letting you know that you had, in fact, asked real pearl experts. :)

I've used Ebay's dispute resolution before and they were wonderful. But, right, it does have a time limit. Good luck.

Last edited:
Agreed, no offense-- we are just concerned that you not miss the deadline for getting your money back.

You have only 45 days from the date of PayPal payment to file a dispute for "significantly not as described". I would file it with PayPal rather than eBay. You will be required to return the bracelet to the seller at your own expense. As I said before, be sure you get tracking that is viewable online to prove to PayPal that the seller got the item back. Only then will you get your refund.

If the 45 days have elapsed and if you funded your PayPal payment with a credit card, you may be able to file the dispute with your credit card issuing bank. That may give you 15 additional days to file, but check with the bank.

Back