Designing a Family Ring with pearls

Five Pearls

I live in Alberta, Canada. I would like to have a family ring made with pearls, sapphires and diamonds. (2 kids born in June, 2 kids born in April and one born in September) All I've been told by jewelers I've approached here is "don't put pearls in a ring". I think I've educated myself on the potential risks with pearls and would like to proceed - I like the idea of buying an extra pearl at the time the ring is made as "insurance". I am looking for personal recommendations for a jeweler who would be willing to work with me in this process (budget about $1500).

Thanks in advance!

Hi - I am sure you will be able to find a jeweller who will be able to make such a ring for you and of course pearls can be set into rings. I wear pearl rings (obviously!)
Another suggestion though..why not make one yourself. You could either find a jwellery making class to attend and make from scratch or go halfway and purchase a made finding (the metal part of the ring) with a five stone claw (prong) arrangement and source and set the stones yourself.

Hi Five Pearls..
I recently had a similar request from a man in Germany. I sent him to my dear friend Katja who is a master goldsmith and has a gorgeous gallery here Petaluma California. They communicated via email and his wife was overjoyed when she received this surprise. Katja made a gorgeous custom gold, pearl and diamond ring for him for around 1000 Euros. Here is the ring and another similar one that she has in the gallery. Here is a link to her website. 
http://www.tuttoamiamo.com/

Katja makes a lot of really special custom pieces and she is very familiar with pearls. Send her an email and I hope you will be pleasantly surprised with what she can do for you and the family ring.
Best of luck, Sarah

Attachments

• KATJA RING 1.jpg
    KATJA RING 1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 41
  • KATJA RING 2.jpg
    KATJA RING 2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 42
WOW Sarah

Katja's Work is beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing those pics!!

Cheers

Ash

Splendid! I love her business name, as well as goods.

Hi Five Pearls..
I recently had a similar request from a man in Germany. I sent him to my dear friend Katja who is a master goldsmith and has a gorgeous gallery here Petaluma California. They communicated via email and his wife was overjoyed when she received this surprise. Katja made a gorgeous custom gold, pearl and diamond ring for him for around 1000 Euros. Here is the ring and another similar one that she has in the gallery. Here is a link to her website. 
http://www.tuttoamiamo.com/

Katja makes a lot of really special custom pieces and she is very familiar with pearls. Send her an email and I hope you will be pleasantly surprised with what she can do for you and the family ring.
Best of luck, Sarah
Hi kojima, You have done really very nice post. I like your ring design and also color of diamond. Its looks vintage gold ring. Thanks for share this post.

Back