My new white metallic editions (hello Wilma Flinstone :) )

Lugana

A friend of mine just got back from Hong Kong and brought me a small bunch of theeeese :) I just finished matching my strand, still unknotted, but couldn't help from sharing :)

Metallic white edisons side view.JPG

I'm very pleased (and slightly surprised :D) with the luster - in this photo they are next to these 9.5-10mm baroque akoyas from PP.

White metallic edisons and akoyas.JPG

I feel like I need a whole day to sit down and string string string :)

Last edited:
That is one very considerate friend you have there! What beautiful pearls.
Thank you))

Oh that was quite a story of how I got them. My friend was on a business trip there, and one afternoon happened to go out for leisure wandering with her colleague. And that colleague happened to be into pearls and dragged her in some showroom or something, and found this lot there. My friend is not into pearls, so was just politely waiting to leave, but when that colleague got considerably upset for not being able to buy them because she already bought something else, my friend called me (at 6 in the morning my time :D) and asked whether I would want them. Something was wrong with the broadband and she couldn't send me the photos quickly, so I agreed without even seeing them, just to her verbal description "big, bright and made another woman upset for not having them" :D I think that's the best way one could describe pearls :D

HA, so funny. The sisterhood of pearls. When you can't own a fabulous string, make sure you find them a good home!

Those pearls are stunning and huge!!! Beautiful, congrats and enjoy! :D
Next time I go to Hong Kong I'm going to have to do some pearl shopping myself.

Lugana, those are stunning! I can't wait to see them once they are strung. Please post some neck shots? What size are they?

"big, bright and made another woman upset for not having them"

;)

Can't wait for the neck shots!

moneymeister, that's true about sisterhood.. but I still hate nice pearls passing by me :D

Pearl Dreams, I agreed without a blink! was pretty nervous afterwards though, before seeing first photos)

BWeaves, trulyviolet, LVLanghanke, Karman, GemGeek, hanadama, MSC, CathyKeshi, Sea Urchin, thank you ladies) I'm sure we will be remembering this story laughing for quite a while with her))

baby nurse, thank you) these are 11.5-16.2 mm :)

I've made some improvised neck shots, holding the temporary thread with my hand behind the neck.. a bit clumsy and the sunshine falls on some pearls quite unflattering, but I didn't resist)) I will definitely post proper neck shots when finished :)

White edisons kind of neckshot.jpg

Back