Hello New Member here

PaulaPaints

Hello, All! Long time lurker here, finally decided to join in. I have loved pearls forever, got my first ones as a teenager living in Japan. Other than a few random ( & uneducated!) purchases here & there, my pearl passion lay mostly dormant until a few years ago when I finally got those Tahitians ( from Pearl Paradise) I’ve wanted since the first time I saw one. I have various other pieces, including a baroque silver/blue akoya strand ( also from PP) and a few other pieces of various kinds.
Today I received a strand of multi colored FW, and I was surprised at the nice lustre on them, even though they are only AA+, some of them I would actually call metallic. They are lovely! I was initially a little disappointed that they appeared a bit paler overall than I expected, but when I took them out in natural light they suddenly just lit up in colors.
I have learned so much reading here, and look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Welcome, PaulaPaints!

Light has a huge effect on the colors we see in our pearls, as you have discovered.

8D22A256-FCAA-42BC-9B92-D033233FA708.jpg

Not certain I am posting image correctly, hopefully this will work

Welcome! Your fwp strand looks lovely! Would love to see your Tahitians too!

Welcome! Wow, those pearls a fabulous. Let's see a neck shot...

Thanks, ya’ll! My modest collection is slowly growing, and I think these are a nice addition . I will try to get a neck shot later today sometime.

Welcome PaulaPaints. Love your pearls, I have also found the camera is easily tricked by pearls. Sometimes they appear darker or more colorful in a photo, than they do in person. Diffused early morning or late evening light seems to bring them to their full splendor.

Welcome, PaulaPaints! Definitely a nice addition!

Hi PaulaPaints. That's a beautiful strand. I second neckshots! Pearls change completely next to skin.

Very pretty ! Photos can be so difficult to judge when buying pearls. I find they go much darker and deeper in colour. I take photos in all lighting conditions and always remind people to move them around into different rooms and outside to see the colour range. Interesting that these improved in sunlight...it always seems like strong sunlight washes colours out. Shade however is a pearls friend :)

Welcome, PaulaPaints! Your multi strand is beautiful with nice luster & metallic overtones on some. I'm sure it's a pleasure to wear!

Back