Monstrous Metallic Edison Pearls - Strand 2))

Lugana

Some time ago I've posted this white metallic pearl strand. Well, that "surprise" lot from Hong Kong had an extra bonus - there were actually enough pearls for two strands. So after I've matched a proper 18-inch white strand in terms of roundness and luster, I still had enough decent pearls to use for something else.

After tossing them around for couple of months, I finally joined it with a lot of pink lavender metallic editions I had. Resulted in a 33-inch rope that looks like marshmallow to me))

Even though I'm not keeping this strand, I thought I would share it since the original lot was featured here) the pearls size is 11-16.4mm, and I think I should weight it on the kitchen scales just out of interest))

Pink clouds 2.jpg

Pink clouds 7.JPG

Pink white metallics neck shot.JPG

White pink metallics double layer.JPG

Thanks you all ladies! I've just weighted the strand - and it's almost 200 grams in total weight with the clasp :eek: I'm afraid I will have to rearrange it or split into 2 strands because I feel it would be difficult to find a home for this strand because of its heaviness :( oh well, still it was a nice try))

Marshmallow rope weighted.JPG

I would split it into two strands, that can be worn together, or separately...in other words, use the same clasp for both and string one slightly shorter than the other. I would wear both...and consider it an upper body work out! Of course I'd have to counterweight the wrists too.

Oh yes, I like the idea of using a few pearls for matching bracelets! I'm impressed with the size! They are huge!!!

Yes I imagine it would be too heavy . I've learned that with Harvest strands...I tend to use quite large pearls like 9-10 up to 16 ... gets heavy as a rope. I've remade a couple for people and shortened them by 8 inches.. which means you start all over placing the pearls not just remove the last 4 inches from each end. Now I'm just making them shorter lol

Katbran, my sweet spot for harvest strands is 28-33" I made one up for a friend a while back, and then re-did it as a strand and bracelet, using identical clasps. She really had a great time "selecting" her most favorite pearls to use on the bracelet. Her strand was 28 inches total, so she ended up with a 22" necklace and a 7.25" bracelet (the extra clasp added the extra length).

Back