You All See This PP Blog Post???

My petite harvest strand is here, and I'm in love!! This is my first strand of GSSP and I'm starting to understand the obsession, they're really beautiful. I keep catching glimpses of them in my reflection and each time they look different but equally beautiful. Purranha did an amazing job with the layout! I'm considering stringing them up into kind of a bubble strand, using some silvery akoya keshi I have. I generally prefer short strands but it's too much fun looking at and playing with these! A few pics of the strand (the second pic includes a stunning golden drop from Purr that I'm going to make into a pendant), and one with the keshi.
IMG_3178.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg

Battah- that strand is beautiful! Purr really did a great job and the drop is stunning!

Thank you, jeg! I really love it <3

Beautiful strand, Battah! I'd love more details and pictures of the dark gold drop.

Kay! So the gold drop is the center pearl from the half strand of PP 24K gssp which I made the tin-cup with. When I split the strand with the fellow PSer last year (so yes this is my 2nd split strand of GSSP after Emily Thorne), she had specific project needs for pairs and didn't care for the center focal pearl so I kept it in my split portion. And when I made my tin-cup, I could but also didn't have to use that center pearl since I used my other enhancers in the middle.

I really tried hard to make sure that Battah and I got equitable split in our strands. Our preferences was that she wanted a few darker gold pairs, and I wanted the biggest keshi pair and the center pearl. Battah was so gracious to let me keep those pearls on my part of the strand, so I sent the focal center pearl of my tin-cup pearls to go live with her! :eek:

The spec of the pearl is 11.6mm 24K gold body color! Shape is drop/off-round, and surface is pretty clean. So now we really have 2 sets of "sister" pieces with the Harvest strand and the 24Ks!

IMG_0483-1.jpgIMG_0512.jpg

Progress pic here:
IMG_0405.jpg

Battah love your strand!!!! The mixture of golds is just divine. I can't wait to see how you style it with the silver keshi. The reason I selected my strand was the preponderance of gold pearls. There is just something about dark gold pearls. You really have a great mix of dark golden pearls. Congratulations ;)

I love the sister strands! It is so great to be able to split strands to get what you need for a tin cup or other projects.

I would have been overwhelmed at the prospect of fairly dividing this up, but you both knew what you wanted and made it work. The results are seriously gorgeous.

Purr, thanks for the deets (and awesome shots, and of course, THE PEARL ITSELF) <3 I'm on the hunt for a special finding for it so I can turn it into a pendant I wear a lot. I love diamonds on goldens, but if I go less bling I'll wear it more often. Decisions, decisions...

JP and Kay, thank you! Kay your pics with your dark goldens are what pushed me over the edge, I think we have similar complexions and that convinced me I could wear goldens. And yes the sister strands are so special! Especially when they're strung or styled a little differently, there's something so cool about that. Like a grown-up "friends" necklace? Ha!

Newberry, you're the queen of GSSP as far as I'm concerned, so I extra appreciate your kind words! I think deep golds are definitely my favorite SSPs. That rich color is so special. And many thanks to Purranha for letting me have so many of the dark goldens! I'm going to start fiddling with stringing it with the akoya keshi tonight, I think. It'll take some fiddling to get the layout right so I can wear it different ways and have the pearls hang right. And I think using the more silvery keshi (I have two strands, one is just slightly more silver and one is a little more champagne) will make the darker gold pop a little bit more.

I'll post pics once I figure something out!

Blaire, for sure! It definitely doesn't work if you both want the same types of pearls! But as Purr said, our wants worked together just right. We tend to have good jewelry synergy haha.

And as I always say, Purr, you're the best <3

Thanks battah! Keep in mind if you are making a rope the placement of the pearls by size and color, when you wear it doubled.as well as looking great when worn long. Hisano is a master of this. With my tin cups the placement of complimentary colors, shapes and sizes is exceptional when worn doubled.

Please post lots of pictures ;) before, during and completed necklace. I can't wait to see what you do.

Lol Katbran were you the one to crown me with that title in the past? I love it! :eek:

Guilty !! :D

I do love your strand. I've missed the last day or two of this thread. . actually a bit more now that I've gone back a bit to read from page 9 on !

Love the necklace Battah. Worked well to split it. I'd found those great Tahitian Keshi strands but they were so frikken expensive that I would have killed to have someone to split them with me !!

jeg- Love your harvest strand. PP does a good job on those ! And now you have TWO .. as one does !! lol

Newberry - excellent advice on pearl placement ! You are the Pearl Queen !

Last edited:
Katbran, yes! This definitely wouldn't have happened for me without a split.

Newberry, that's the reason I haven't started yet! I'm trying to figure out placement so I can wear it long, plus doubled each way (with the clasp to the front for hanging pendants and to the back to wear without a pendant. That won't be tricky at all :p When I strung up my Tahitian and akoya keshi strand I was focused on getting a nice irregular spread of colors and sizes and didn't even think about how it would hang when worn. The weight balance is off and it always shifts so the clasp ends up to the side, but it was such a hassle to get those tiny akoya keshis strung that I haven't bothered fiddling with it yet. I need to.

I loved the way this GSS strand worked out for you Battah ... lovely in it's own, and it will be so interesting to see where you take it next! Purranha did an an incredible job sharing it out .... a really nice story and memory to go with the pearls :)

Thank you, Cathy! It really is a fun piece, more because of the process and friendship involved than the beauty of the pearls themselves (though they are quite beautiful). I'm really sentimental about jewelry, I think of every piece in terms of the story it tells - when/where I got it, or who gave it to me, or what prompted me to make or buy it. I love the stories and feelings attached to a piece.

Oh, absolutely I agree Battah! My new GSS Harvest strand is so much more precious to me because of it's story ... Jeremy chatting with Jac B., Cynde modeling it, Jeremy modeling it :), Walter actually listening to me and figuring out how much I loved it LOL ... makes it priceless to me. Not all my pearls have such a story, but most have ... holding incredibly rare and precious Sea of Cortez pearls in my hand while Douglas helps me choose ... pouring over Justin's baby keshi, knowing how much love and work each of his people put into these pearls from so far away ... LOVE.

Back