You All See This PP Blog Post???

My gssp necklace from PP looks darker golden when I'm wearing a maroon top.

2thdktr, your necklace is beautiful! Welcome to PG and the harvest strand club!

I generally LOVE gold with black, but I didn't love the GSSP on black clothing...

I love the new tin cup you created with the flower accents. All your different layered looks are great!

I love my GSS pearls with black clothing. I also love them with many different shades of blue (navy, grayish blue, pale blue, etc.) and also red and burgundy. They look great with white too, but I don't wear white often.

Purr, I really like all your looks! Love those tin cups!

I flew into LA yesterday to visit the vault and got to spend some time with lmgarden and Erin. (More pix in the Fiji thread started by Red) Attaching some pix of the other harvest strand with my original strand. The newest strand has some of the blue keshi mixed in. I will probably wear this strand mostly doubled.

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

Jeg, the 2 strands worn together as a triple takes my breath away!

Jeg, the 2 strands worn together as a triple takes my breath away!

Exactly. Better yet, those two amazing golden keshi at the back of the long strand now end up front and center. Gorgeous.

LOVE IT, Purranha :) I too have struggled with the clothing issue. Double strand of baby golden Vietnamese akoyas ... triple strand of TINY ombres from Cees, now the GSS Harvest strand ... and I don't look good in, or buy much in the warm, golden - yellow - orange color palette. Hmmm ... more wardrobe work required :)

Purple ( and all forms of purple=lavender, heather, mauve, etc) and all then shades and hues of red and blues ( that make up purple) should go with or coordinate with those as it is a complementary color to yellow. Also greens. I do this in my gardening to make things harmonious. I have the same problem, Cathykeshi, I have no yellow or orange clothes because I look awful in them! But even different shades of brown will make them pop. It helps to have a little white accent to help the eye rest a little bit. I have been trying on my harvest strand with different clothes and I find gray is working, too! ( I would love to see your double strand of baby goldens and the triple strand of ombres, hint, hint :) )

Thanks for the color wardrobe input ladies! Once the weather gets a little colder here in PA the GSS will go with all the deep reds, burgundies and deeper greens I already own ... summer's more of a challenge! 2thdktr, I think both those necklaces are on PG somewhere ... let me see if I can find them :)

Thanks Kay, Red and 2thdktr! I'll have to see how long my neck can handle all those pearls...

OMG lol Red I totally did! I tried it since Newberry had 3 strands. But I didn't like how it turned out as I think the white bbq needs to be a bit longer. I had mine shortened so it can nest with a 16" strand. I'll have to figure out an extension option before giving the 3 layer look another try!

View attachment 55115

Purr it's not the length but the color that makes it not flow right to the eye. If you want to wear the white at the neck try a white longer tin cup :)

jeg that's beautiful! The triple look is TDF.

Guyssss my baby harvest strand just got delivered!! Makes me want to go home early so I can see it! Thank you, Purranha dear <3

I needed to see this right side up ... just look at those keshi now!!! Well done jeg :)

IMG_3686RSUP.jpg

Thanks for flipping that, Cathy. Now I can ogle it properly.

Makes such a difference, doesn't it, KaySD? Wonderful choices jeg made!

Back