Who is going to the Hong Kong Trade in March 2017?

I have a feeling that staring at Hisano's neck would not be deemed rude under the circumstances. When my parents owned a small Mom & Pop department store in a very small town, I was thrilled to see someone stare at me and ask to buy the same outfit.

Lol Icy you should have seen us at the Ruckus. Not only were we mostly staring at neck & below (as we are talking to the other person), but our gaze also hopped from neck to neck and sometimes break from conversations mid-stream to chase other pearls/necks.

Hope you have a great time finding treasure with Cees, Wendy :)

IcyJade, those pearls are of course, just spectacular! The very idea of having you be my personal pearl shopper makes me dizzy :)

Ah, I wish I had put in a special request before you left, Wendy! I'm waiting on finding something I want to purchase before I buy some findings that I need.

I would like to thank Hisano and Jeremy for the absolute fantastic dinner with so many P-G members.

Yes I agree that Grace charges of try to charge similar prices as the AAA Tahiti perfect Tahiti pearl which was offered to me by a friend seller who said that I did not buy from him for some time. Did not buy the Tahitian to keep the friendship going but just that there is nothing wrong with this pearl in roundness, color and not spot anywhere.

In my perception no fresh water pearl can match the beauty of South Sea and Tahiti with both are perfect. Only the colors make a difference,

Tonight off to a trip to Pulau Talisei, where a pear lfarm is located near Manado on Sulawesi in Indonesia. No WIFI there for a week. Experts told me this is an exceptinal pearl farm because it is the nearest pearl farm near the Philippines. The location is south of the city if Davao. But also not far from the islands where the rebels of the Abu Sayaff are active on Basilan, Sulu and Tawi Tawi islands there. Hope they decide that they not come south while I am there.

Jacques Christophe Brannelec junior told me he had visited the farm and that the pearls are many times so beautiful that they are sold to Mikimoto. I thank Devchand Chodry one of the owners of the farm fr inviting me to join him for a week there.

Attachments

• AAATahiti.jpg
    AAATahiti.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 35
Yes I am staying with Cees in his amazing old,rambling,wooden house in Bangkok.
Yesterday, with his help, i found some tiny faceted half drilled drop stones.
Tomorrow i go to see jewellery being made and to a pearl factory.
Still time for requests as i am going back to HK

Oh have so much fun and enjoy the yummy Thai food. And the massages! I'm envious! If you can pls take some photos for us at the factory k?

Lol Icy you should have seen us at the Ruckus. Not only were we mostly staring at neck & below (as we are talking to the other person), but our gaze also hopped from neck to neck and sometimes break from conversations mid-stream to chase other pearls/necks.

Yeah I can totally imagine myself doing that if I go to a ruckus. Lol

IcyJade, those pearls are of course, just spectacular! The very idea of having you be my personal pearl shopper makes me dizzy :)

Thank you Cathy. It's harder to be a personal shopper than I'd imagine. Ah well, live and learn. At least the next time I do this it should be easier, hopefully.

I would like to thank Hisano and Jeremy for the absolute fantastic dinner with so many P-G members.

Yes I agree that Grace charges of try to charge similar prices as the AAA Tahiti perfect Tahiti pearl which was offered to me by a friend seller who said that I did not buy from him for some time. Did not buy the Tahitian to keep the friendship going but just that there is nothing wrong with this pearl in roundness, color and not spot anywhere.

In my perception no fresh water pearl can match the beauty of South Sea and Tahiti with both are perfect. Only the colors make a difference,

Tonight off to a trip to Pulau Talisei, where a pear lfarm is located near Manado on Sulawesi in Indonesia. No WIFI there for a week. Experts told me this is an exceptinal pearl farm because it is the nearest pearl farm near the Philippines. The location is south of the city if Davao. But also not far from the islands where the rebels of the Abu Sayaff are active on Basilan, Sulu and Tawi Tawi islands there. Hope they decide that they not come south while I am there.

Jacques Christophe Brannelec junior told me he had visited the farm and that the pearls are many times so beautiful that they are sold to Mikimoto. I thank Devchand Chodry one of the owners of the farm fr inviting me to join him for a week there.

Pls take lots of photos for us and show us the pearls that you find ok? Stay safe too!

As for beauty... I think the top 0.001% of the fwp are gorgeous. I won't compare between pearl types cos they are all beautiful in their own way but the ultra metallics and dark purples are really beautiful.

How great - sounds wonderful and hope you have a lovely time!

Sounds like so much fun, Wendy!

Cees, what a trip you have planned ... can't wait to see the glorious pearls I imagine you'll find ... please stay safe!!!

Wendy - how fun is your trip !! You are going back to the offices for more shopping ! Well I'm sure there are a few people out there who would like you to look for something special!
And Cees - amazing pearl! And what a trip you have planned ! Fingers crossed the problems don't drift down to your location. Hopefully you have an escape route planned ! Take lots of photos !!

You should go to Chanthaburi for more gemstones LOL. Enjoy your time, don't forget to try Thai delicacies.

Please stay safe, Cees.
Take a lot of pictures. They must be so fabulous, it makes me feel dizzy to think about it. Make sure you are protected from insects, ehm...mosquitoes. Euh, Manado... Make sure you know what they serve you. They have exotic food there like bats.

I've just managed to put together a blog post with some photos of my visit to a pearl factory in Bangkok. Blog entries on HK to come. Delays due to a massive sinusitis from which I am only now recovering (cough splutter wheeze)

Back