Where can I find small natural pearls (undrilled)?

B

bluelotus777

Hello,

Does anyone have any tips where I could find tiny natural pearls, undrilled and 1-2mm in size? I am rather flexible with color...

Thank you...

When you say "natural" are you really talking about pearls that are not cultured and found naturally? Or do you mean you just want real pearls that are cultured, as opposed to faux pearls?

Hello and sorry for the late reply, I did not receive any notification that there were replies on my thread so I thought no one had answered! Thank you for the suggestions with the pearl websites. I am indeed looking for "natural" pearls as in "uncultured, wild" pearls.

depending on your project you could...repeat could..go with, for example, south sea tiny keishi. On my pearl farm 'work experience' trip in March I found maybe 30 tiny tiny mantle keishi which were probably naturals (they were certainly not planned or grafted etc) but because of CIBJO rules have to be classed as cultured.
These are probably wild pearls which have developed in a farmed oyster (note the lots of probablys)

You might also contact Dave LeBlanc of Lagoon Island Pearls outside Vancouver, CA. Website, and you can also search for Dave and contact on Facebook. He has very small/tiny wild natural pearls in various colors.

Back