What would you do with this pearl?

This could NOT have turned out more beautifully!! It is simply stunning!

Now, waiting for neck-shots...

Here's my neck shots:

With my yellow gold sleeve knit choker.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

With my white gold cable choker.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

It's super wearable and really sparkles. And the pearl just keeps changing colors.

Even the back side looks good, although it definitely looks like the backside.

IMG_0255.jpg

And a side view. Brushed 18K yellow gold around the pearl, and white brushed palladium set with the diamonds.

IMG_0253.jpg

Last edited:
Great design that makes the most of a very special pearl. I can't imagine better. :)

In my head, I see a swan with her head tucked under her wing.

I want to thank you all for your ideas. I discussed bits and pieces of what several of you recommended when I talked to my jeweler. She and I are on the same wavelength when we talk about jewelry, so she "got it" right away.

I wish you could see this piece in person. It just glows.

Last edited:
I thought I'd just plop these two photos in to end the thread, as they show the orient the best.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

I keep seeing a swan with her head tucked under her wing. (Thanks to le corsetiere.)

So it's no longer The Leaf pearl to me. It will always be "The Swan."

Last edited:
BWeaves, you are in the first flush of infatuation with The Swan. I myself would be equally smitten. Great job on capturing the orient.

definitely a pendant I would say.. very cool pearl..!
But a massif ring with maybe a couple small colored stones living on the edge would also be an option..

Oh, I tried it on my finger, but it would have been really big. And I am afraid of scratching it. I tend to be a bit hard on my rings.

Wow!
A perfect setting for your beautiful swan.

It's beautiful. Think I'll like it even more with more diamonds but I'm just being a magpie. :)

Back