What level of quality can I expect from ES PACIFIC LTD

K

katiegro

Okay - first I admit I'm a total neophyte when it comes to pearls - although I ADORE them - I have a vintage pair [18" graduated] from my mother-in-law - and a lovely 16" strand my husband gave me years ago - but I'm wanting more and more -

This group on Ebay ES Pacific has tons CHEAP - I bought a triple strand and a pair of earrings - and oh my goodness they are SHINY - :eek: almost translucent white -

I guess you get what you pay for - any clues from the experts on what they are selling?

ES store on eBay

ES store on eBay

Hi Jeremy,

It's the same old ES store that you have lambasted so often before. They are now more into mikimoused and mabelswined upscale stuff that you see even at many CA bricks-and-mortar shops nowadays.

Zeide

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks - I figured as much - it was a $200 lesson :)

My hubby works for a Chinese company [wood floors] so next time he heads to Shanghai I'll come back for some tips on where to send him to shop and what to look for.

glad I found this forum

wish I'd found you first

wish I'd found you first

WOW! wish I'd known about this forum first -:mad: oh, well, my granddaughter will have some very expensive "dress up" pearls - :D

perhaps ya'll could advise me on a good shop in NYC and/or Chicago where I can get a good buy on pearls - remember I'm not only a nephyte - but I'm blonde and getting old!;)

katiegro said:
WOW! wish I'd known about this forum first -:mad: oh, well, my granddaughter will have some very expensive "dress up" pearls - :D

perhaps ya'll could advise me on a good shop in NYC and/or Chicago where I can get a good buy on pearls - remember I'm not only a nephyte - but I'm blonde and getting old!;)

I know of one in North Carolina :D

Actually there are quite a few different stores represented here on the forums that are great. If you have any specific piece that you are looking for I know that one of us can help you.

I'm here to defend eBay again! I bought the MOST beautiful 11mm Tahitian peacock pearl ring, 18k WG, w/diamonds from ES Store 3 years ago. My jeweler (who always trashes eBay) was stunned when he appraised it for almost $1,600. He couldn't believe that I bought it for a ridiculous $214 (and believe me, ES had other rings like this and I paid more than some others bidders). The pearl looks practically flawless and has great luster; the diamonds are good quality. I don't know about other people's bad experiences with this company, but it was my best eBay experience and I will most likely shop there again.

Edit: Just read a thread of buyers here getting junk from ES. That is really too bad. All I can vouch for is my 1 purchase from them 3 years ago. I do love that ring!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don?t we just look at a few of their current auctions!
http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230023466392

A double strand of junk Akoya sold as South Sea. Supposedly the strand is worth $15k in Hong Kong. The pearls probably cost the seller under $10 for both strands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-DEEP-GOLDE...7QQihZ013QQcategoryZ92758QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A dyed strand of tiny Akoya ? but very rare, and just like Mikimoto?s. Worth about $10k, although it cost the seller less than $5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-9-5MM-JAPA...5QQihZ013QQcategoryZ52600QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A dyed strand of obvious Chinese freshwater, yet cultured for 8 years in Japan, and valued at a whopping $16k.

In every pearl piece that this seller offers, the clasp has cost them more than double the price of the pearls. And that is only if you believe they are honest in their descriptions of the clasps.

This seller is blatantly dishonest. Any buyer is taking a risk dealing with them.

clasps -is solid gold, my jeweler tested, but the quality of pearls - is the question

None of these links are for the ES_Store. Are you perhaps talking about another seller?

Isabel,

Welcome.

Those posts are very old, from 2006, so the links are no longer valid and unfortunately, we aren't able to see the merchandise that was being discussed at the time. Nor do we have a photo of operavopera's amazing Tahitian ring. From a learning perspective, it is much more valuable to have photographs to refer to than the links, which disappear in time.

Back