What do you guys think?

Raisondetre

I'm thinking the freshwater keshi is worth the money. The kasumigauras are nice but I'm still not sure about wrinkled skins. Then again someone already bought the bracelet I was eying so no more dramas with that. There's no way I can afford the necklace.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110120594643&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110113712304&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110120633281&rd=1&rd=1

Fess' up. Who bought the bracelet? J/k

Care Ehret does have some fantastic pieces. Sigh.

Then there's stuff from wats2luv.

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-pc-METALLIC-...ryZ10243QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Hi Raisondetre,

I have some similar pearls from Carolyn. They are beautiful! She wants all her customers to be happy, and if you didn't love it, I'm certain she would not want you to keep it. I bought from her way before I found Pearl-Guide. (I did not, however, buy the pink Kasumi bracelet!:) )

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

It's so bad I'm virtual stalking her ebay store. Well, I do that for PP as well anyways but still ...

I might get the keshi if it's still available on my next credit card billing cycle. I might have to push the 9-10 mm Freshadamas sets to next year as well. Too many novelty items cropping up. I can't get enough of the untreated CFWP either.

Where do you live Pattye? Hardly anyone's awake to reply when I am. It gets really bad on weekends because it's already Monday for me but noone seems to post as it's still Sunday in the USA.

Hi Raisondetre,
I'm about - it's around midday here in the U.K.
Judging by your photos of yourself wearing those untreated freshwater pearls, the keishi pearls will look fabulous on you.
Go for it, girl, do what I do, buy it now, worry about it later....
Mind you, I'm no expert, I just buy what I like and will wear.

Those keshis are to die for - what color! I second Sueki's vote - go for it (of course, if I should happen to find a winning lottery ticket between now and then, I will scoop it up myself!). I am really sorry you didn't get the bracelet - I was looking forward to living vicariously through your purchase :p
Even if you could afford the necklace, I don't like the colors as much as those that were in the bracelet. The loose keshis from wats2luv don't look quite as nice to me as Carolyn's - they are a bit smaller, and I prefer necklaces to bracelets. (I do highly recommend wats2luv as a seller - I got my Kasumis from her - but in this case I like the ones fromDruzydesign better)

Mmmm,
I've just been browsing and that keishi necklace is gorgeous !
And this from a lover of traditional, round, smooth pearls.
The colours are beautiful, and the irridescence..... wow !
If ever I find a winning lottery ticket, I will be fighting with Boo......
:)
Until then, I'd best sit on my mouse hand. :D

The colors on those keshi are just amazing!

I'm sorry you didn't get the bracelet. It was beautiful! I seem to recall other cases where people discussed items here and then they quickly sold (to other people). Just a suggestion, but I'd be careful about posting on unique items (that you're seriously considering) until you are ready to buy. I'm guessing that people probably wouldn't mind private messages, too. That bracelet, for example, I think it's been there for a while ? did someone see Jeremy's comment about Kasumis and decide to buy?

Anyway, I commend you on your restraint! Good luck with your purchases!

Perle

Yup her stuff is beautiful. I own two pairs od 22k gold earrings from her and when I'm not wearing my tahitain drops I wear them. Oh and I didn't buy that bracelet either :) That type of price is simply not in my budget these days.

By the way here is what I would do. First of all the kasumis are wayyy expensive and I bet you could get some chinese freshwaters that look as good and as pink. Then again I've never actually seen any in person. And of course they wouldn't have the 22k accents. As far as that freshwater strand from druzy design goes, well maybe you should wait since she has those every so often till you see what the next pearls Jeremy is going to have in June are like. why not get ther cheaper strand of freshwater heishis from wats2luv for now?

They do have some amazing orient (that first photo). The true large baroques that have that type of orient (usually bead-nuked) go for thousands. The 2nd generation keshis can be nice as well. They look like they were 2nd generation following coin...

As a matter of fact I have asked Jeremy to browse through the remaining freeform baroques and he is taking extra effort to photograph them for me AND keep till next month. Many thanx to PP for great customer service!

Kasumis have wrinkled skins which is probably why I hesitated. I know the iridiscence is unbelievable, but I'm not sure how I'd react to it. There is amazing orient on the freeform baroques as well, so I'm quite happy with the smooth-skined babies for now. We all like different things, so I might sit on it and hope for more pink pieces from Care Ehret before I decide. Likely a bracelet since the necklaces are too expensive for me.

I do much prefer Druzydesigns' keshis to Wats2luv, just because of the colors. Might still get that keishi necklace if it's still available next month, which I'm not hopeful about but it helps deter me from spending outside my means. Also a bit concerned about the shape as I'm quite small, so wondering if the chips would look as good as the more "3-dimensional" traditional pearl shapes.

We'll see how lady luck smiles on me. I think the pink kasumi bracelet was a private sale since Care was the one who ended the auction. No buyer was listed.

Just a general question - what does it mean by 2nd generation harvests?

I think Jeremy is talking about petal pearls and other keshi that are the product of pearl sacs that have already produced coin pearls, hence the name ?second harvest.?

Perle

Perle said:
I think Jeremy is talking about petal pearls and other keshi that are the product of pearl sacs that have already produced coin pearls, hence the name ?second harvest.?

Perle

That would be correct! The keshi pearls never really are keshi, in the true sense of the word, the are second generation. Second generation after coin often retains the shape.

I'm not familiar with coin pearls. The first generation from what I gather would be nuked so that it produces a nacre-plated coin. The keshis which are second generation from the same pearl sac produces a pure nacreous formation that is similar in shape. Am I correct in making that assumption? If so, then to me the keshis are more valuable than the nukes even if the latter are bigger. Maybe I will buy them after all.

That is the process! And yes, the keshis are very often more valuable than the nukes - absolutely so when of high grade.

Coin pearls are those that look like flat discs. They are almost exclusively first generation, nucleated in the akoya method, yet in the mantle in older (approx. 2 year old) shell.

Back