What do you do with your pearls when THIS happens?

G

GemGeek

You know I couldn't be quiet this long without a good reason. Last Thursday, my plumbing burst upstairs and ran through the walls and ceilings.

This is what the downstairs looks like:
livingroom.jpg
corner of livingroom.jpg
entry.jpg

You don't want to know what the basement looks like:)

Anyway, they have these big blowers and dehumidifyers all over and I only just started to worry about my pearls, so I closed off that room and ran the shower for a couple of minutes.

Should I leave some wet towels around in there to compensate for the dryness? Help!

I wouldn't think a few days of running dehumidifyers is going to really do much to the pearls, but a moist towel would probably keep them more then safe. I'd just worry about having that towel wet to the point where the moisture soaks the thread, which could lead to breakage.

Oh, Blaire! How terrible! I much prefer when you are quiet because you are questing after pearly treasure, not enduring a home disaster :(

I'm in the house. The cats have cabin-fever from being locked in a bedroom (albeit a big bedroom). It was my bedroom that flooded. I put Mom on a plane to Kauai Saturday, so she's being spared a lot of the turmoil.

Trays and trays of freshwater pearls of every persuasion are drying up. <gasp> Okay, maybe not, but I worry!;) Thanks for the fast response and sympathy.:)

Blaire,

It could be worse !
You all are well and safe and in few days everything will go back to normal.

Think positive !

nora

PS. nice house !

Hi Blaire,

Sooooo sorry to see the photos of your home. I can only imagine how you and the kittys have been inconvenienced. Wishing for you a really good crew to make it lovely again! And soon!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Back