What about Aloha Pearls Hawaii on etsy? Who knows?

Do a search and you should get a few results.

A few vendors that folks here buy some of the CFWP from on Etsy are also now advertising themselves as being in the Vac-Pac Oyster Biz. Really disappointing.

I'm with Lady_D on that one.

IMG_2475.jpgIMG_2478.jpgI made a trial order of two circled peacocks AAA and one blue circled AA pearl ( all 9mm) from Aloha pearls after reading mixed reviews about them on this forum. I think I was quite lucky, I love the peacocks and the blue pearl is also quite nice considering AA quality. However, comparing these to pearls from Jac's Pearl House I would say Aloha Pearl's AAA is like Jac's AA+.IMG_2466.jpg

P8128924.jpg - and what I receive not green but slight purple

I purchase pearls for myself but if i don't like them I sold pearls or make a gift for my friends

They would not be on my Top Ten list of pearl vendors for sure.

Actually I go to their showroom and get loose pearls from them. I also have gotten a nice lavender bead nucleated freshwater pearl strand from them as well.
20170814_145919.jpg
Some tahitians I brought home, as well as a couple darker lavender pieces.

20170813_131647.jpg
My lavender strand

I haven't ordered from them online, but have had a pleasant transaction when I visit them personally.

Choosing your pearls in person is the ideal way to go. I have not been favorably impressed with the quality of pearls shown on their website. The fact they have been selling oysters in a can for years clinches my decision not to purchase from them.

Oh wow, Naan, you must have been disappointed. Those pearls look nothing like the photo.

Abi, what quality are the pearls you purchased? I do think picking out your own pearls is going to result in a much favorable transaction because you don't have to purchase anything if you don't like them. However, for most of us, we don't have the choice of going to the shop so we are stuck with what comes in the mail. I'd be curious to see how their grading system compares to other vendors and side by side comparison shots of the pearls. I can say that I was very disappointed with the pearls I received from AP.

Eolian pearls, glad you got good pearls. What are you going to make? :)

Amti & Marianne,
You're right about the benefits of choosing ones pearls in person. Sadly that's going to change in a couple of weeks when we move back to the mainland.

Amti, it's too bad that you received some not so great pearls from them :(.

Since I live some distance from them (for an island), I sometimes text the people working there and ask for pictures when I'm looking for something specific. Then I decide if it's worth heading there.

I'm too much of a rookie to be able to tell you the grade of these pearls, but the luster and overtones are really nice in person. Clean body, but a couple have a tint nibble mark. They didn't have any bowls listing any grades, but I've seen the bowls are listed by type, prices for sizes, shape and sometimes a number that would correlate with their online store. They do mark if its from Rikitea. When I decode to go there, I also look at other bowls, play with the pearls, then start measuring the ones I like.

Recently, i saw this bowl of these SSPs, and some of the gssp had such a deep gold that I haven't seen before. So after playing with them for a good 15 minutes, I ended up snagging a 3 pairs.
20170814_184600.jpg
Bowl
IMG748063976.jpg
Yay I found lovely pairs!
I also had taken home that pair of white bead nucleated fw (that's on the left side.)

Naan, I'm really sorry if you didn't receive what you were hoping for:(.

Prior to purchasing, did you request a photo of the item you were looking at? Just to see other angles of the pair?

Back