The White Round Pearl Necklace~Restyle It~Let's Get Creative!

Sarah, Wearing your pearls in unlikely places and taking a selfie, wow, does that add to the fun of it all??!! Love it!! Somehow you just doesn't come off as scruffy when wearing pearls~lol

TSS, the tiny strand, very interesting thought! Lots of the smaller fw pearls are quite metallic, and more intensely colorful, of course, depending on what you choose. Eyecatching, no doubt drawing one in for a closer look~

A short strand of smaller size pearls is also great for attaching enhancers :)

Sarah, love the layered look!

- Karin

Fabulous look Sarah! The delicate pearls with the bold chain gives it a definite rock 'n' roll vibe. So fun and creative!

Thank you! I wish now that I had lived up to Pattye's challenge better and styled them more carefully, say with a white v-neck t-shirt. Can you believe I don't own one though?

Karin, you are so right about small pearls being perfect for pendants and enhancers. I have a bunch of teensy iridescent gray rice crispy pearls that I got from Sarah C. to make small pearl chains like this. But that will be for the enhancer challenge, eh Pattye?

Sarah, you are most welcome to start an Enhancer Challenge any time! That would be a natural subject to follow and keep the creative juices flowing and selfies posted!

These "challenge" threads are never-ending, so Everyone, please keep adding your interpretations, so interesting to see how a different top changes a look.

Hello, everyone.

A few months ago, I saw a pearl rope with cage clasps at a local jeweler's shop, and I thought the clasps would be perfect for my opera-length strand of baroque akoyas.

IMG_2139.jpg

The designer made a pair for me, and I spent most of today figuring out the different configurations. The photos are as much for my own reference as it is for the forum. My memory doesn't have enough bandwidth for all of them!

IMG_2149.jpgIMG_2162.jpgIMG_2163.jpgIMG_2153.jpgIMG_2155.jpgIMG_2156.jpgIMG_2157.jpgIMG_2159.jpgIMG_2160.jpgIMG_2161.jpg

Awesome, cyndayco. So many ways to style them! I really like the idea of having the baskets on both ends.

cyndayco That is one fabulous clasp! I love how it allows you to style your rope in so many different ways!

Honestly, I didn't think I'd buy another white akoya strand so soon, because my lifestyle didn't call for a lot of Jackie O formal occassions. Still when you see a string of 8.5-9mm akoyas with high luster and clean surface, you can't just walk away. Believe me, I tried. So I gave in and took it home. To put my stamp on it, I added gold spacers and a crystal clasp from Claspgarten.

IMG_2905.jpg

Now to book myself some Jackie O parties....

It is drop-dead gorgeous!!! Please post some neck shots!

I love your new akoyas! And that fancy clasp too! Bravo and thanks for sharing where you got the clasp from.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd buy another white akoya strand so soon, because my lifestyle didn't call for a lot of Jackie O formal occassions. Still when you see a string of 8.5-9mm akoyas with high luster and clean surface, you can't just walk away. Believe me, I tried. So I gave in and took it home. To put my stamp on it, I added gold spacers and a crystal clasp from Claspgarten.

View attachment 32732

Now to book myself some Jackie O parties....

Stunning!!!

Last edited:
I commented already somewhere else but I love the design and clasp, the luster on the akoyas is gorgeous, it must be fun being able to shop for fabulous pearls and the trimmings in person.

Back