The French Blue

I believe your book will inspire my 23 year old son, Tom Jr., who also is receiving your Secrets of the Gem Trade for Christmas and who is debating whether to attend Law School versus GIA in Carlsbad, plus the pearl course in Bangkok with Ken Scarratt and Nick Sturman.
Which did he pick? I'm biased but not entirely sure which way having now entirely escaped from teaching law! Learning law will teach him how to think logically and problem solve. Not sure a GIA course would do that.

When will the movie be made - it would be so BRILLIANT!!!!! I see Leonardo de Caprio as our hero... And, possibly the Persian beauty Sarah Shahi as his love interest. I'm sure you may have your own visuals as you created this wonderful read.

Last edited:
I have been entrenched in tax, state planning and other sorts of grad classes ad infinium ad nauseum for two years. This book sounds like the perfect first fiction book to pick up! Putting it on my amazon wish list!

I believe your book will inspire my 23 year old son, Tom Jr., who also is receiving your Secrets of the Gem Trade for Christmas and who is debating whether to attend Law School versus GIA in Carlsbad, plus the pearl course in Bangkok with Ken Scarratt and Nick Sturman.
Which did he pick? I'm biased but not entirely sure which way having now entirely escaped from teaching law! Learning law will teach him how to think logically and problem solve. Not sure a GIA course would do that.

If he comes to Carlsbad, be sure to let me know! :cool: One can't escape the law. My brother is an attorney and right now I'm working at a law firm.

My husband is now reading this. He is making so many comments and engaging me in his "views". Imagine a book about a diamond that a husband with gemphobia enjoys!!!!!

My husband is now reading this. He is making so many comments and engaging me in his "views". Imagine a book about a diamond that a husband with gemphobia enjoys!!!!!
Lifelong gem phobe here as well, trying to catch up?

The French Blue is historical fiction, and makes a real-life adventure accessible to those who would not otherwise read Tavernier's journals. I loved it.

For me it's about the adventure, and the palpable cultural connection of authentic gems with their respective source?like fine wine.

Also worth exploring are the autobiographical works of Louis Kornitzer (Sheridan House, late 30s and early 40s), all the more poignant as Kornitzer's adventures occurred during the turn-of-the-20th-century period that pearl culturing and gem manufacture reared their conflictive heads.

Last edited:
Back