The designer's corner

New stuff! It's been a while, but I'm still here. And my photos still stink. :confused:

Attachments

• inf2.jpg
    inf2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 35
  • WP 000752
    WP 000752
    16.4 KB · Views: 43
  • WP 000748
    20.1 KB · Views: 42
  • stag3.jpg
    stag3.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 35
Beautiful, I especially like the cool tassel earrings!

All of your pieces are fantastic, but I especially love those tassel earrings!

Sheryl, Thanks for immortalizing these pieces here. I agree on the tassel earrings, but still, everything you put up is wonderful! I love what you did with the picture agate or what ever it is! I want to see a neck shot of the abstract pearl necklace. Very creative! You are so talented! Someday....... big kiss, mwaah!

Andrea, the bracelet! I love that subtly contrasting but mostly similar, in shape and tone, idea! I'd wear that one a lot.

Thank you, Caitlin :) I'm still getting the hang of knotting, since I'm still pretty new to it. But I've realized recently that I need to go for a smaller thread. Hopefully after the holidays for that!

Thank you, Caitlin :) I'm still getting the hang of knotting, since I'm still pretty new to it. But I've realized recently that I need to go for a smaller thread. Hopefully after the holidays for that!

Andrea: I like the larger thread! Although, frankly, I think I overdo it. I just did a strand of large fireball pearls for myself and I told my husband when I finished I think I have reached my "thread limit." I really pushed this one, I used #8 Griffin silk. It just did go through the drill hole..... But I like the look of the larger knots, without the double work of double knotting!!! (I'm double knotting a strand of amethyst beads for a client now, as much as I love to knot I really don't like to double knot..... But if I don't the single knot slips up in the larger hole on these beads.)

Hello, everyone. I've been beading and practicing my photography skills a lot these past few weeks. (And my sister-in-law was nice enough to pose for me). I want to share the the ones I like the most.

DSC_3636.jpg
Freshwater keshi with citrine nuggets

DSC_3600.jpgDSC_3602.jpg
Freshwater and akoya pearl lariat with an amethyst drop pendant

DSC_3681.jpg
Regular dyed freshwaters, stick pearls, and a fireball pendant

Last edited:
You are very creative! I am smitten with the first one and I wouldn't have thought of that color combination on my own. Great job on everything and terrific pictures. :)

those are lovely! i love what you're doing with the ropes, especially. just gorgeous.

and andrea - that bracelet is too cool!

i need to get knotting. too many pearls, not enough time!

While the clasp for the multi strand necklace isn't ready (ok, I will get to work - eventually), I decided to do something with the left over pearls from that project. I just "happened" to have, oh, around 75 inches of delicious little pastel beauties. Absolutely by accident, of course I didn't deliberately over buy (and I may have a bridge to sell you if you believe this).

So, here they are. 75 inches of 3-3.5mm pearls with opal toggle clasp. I may just end up keeping this one for myself. Sorry, no neck shot yet. I took these pictures in a right hurry just before leaving for the airport.

I hate how photography always washes out the pearl colours. My set up is optimized for metal so, once I get back, I need to learn how to adjust it for pearls.

P1030386.jpgP1030385.jpg

Back