The designer's corner

the pearl cross on the website is 35mm by 22mm , very lustrous. i do have a plan for one or two (after Christmas)

I LOVE everything! Everyone should post more photos - they're positively inspiring. If only I had some free time to create! :cool:

Lavender luciousness. These are truly lavender metallic in color. Slight oval shape to them. Very yummy. Not much of a design, but I loved finding this strand!! 8.5 - 9.6mm in size.

lav2.jpg
These are truly lavender metallic in color.  Slight oval shape. 8.5 - 9.6mm in size.

Here's one from the southern hemisphere's who's happy to report she is emerging from Christmas unscathed :)

My new design motto for 2012 is "Simply Pearls" - styling pearls simply with or without gemstones (my penchant) - if and when I can spare the time to create, that is.

Botanical pearl designs I gave out at Christmas (findings are gold plated or vermeil from Dangssupplies and Studio Sen on Etsy; or go to www.Jewelrism.com). Studio Sen (Korean lass) is no longer on Etsy, however, due to some copyright disputes on the designs of the findings. Well, that is what she told me more than a year back, and she has never had an online presence since.

Oh, and one holly-inspired design in red garnets, green chrome diopside leaves and black rutile focals just for the season.

Here's to a fab closure to 2011 and a hearty welcome to 2012 everyone!

Attachments

• vine pearls.jpg
    vine pearls.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.  Barrenjoey headland - we started our walk at the far tip of this headland (from where the photo
    2. Barrenjoey headland - we started our walk at the far tip of this headland (from where the photo
    52.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 1. From Barrenjoey headland, looking back to West Head over Pittwater - close to the very start of t
    1. From Barrenjoey headland, looking back to West Head over Pittwater - close to the very start of t
    73.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi Adeline! More gorgeous earrings! (the top ones are AMAZING! Love those findings!)

Happy boxing day! (you have that there in Australia, don't you? Although it's the 27th now so no matter! lol)

- Jodie -

Hello from the equator, everyone. Sadly, not in Melbourne this time, this year, but Asia's alright, plenty of bargains this time of the year. Hand on heart lover of Mother Nature here! In fact, desperately scouting around everywhere I go for leafy tendrils and vines for a botanical-inspired ring design. Am so excited; custom made from the lost wax carving method! It's going to be fun!

Amethyst & Pearl necklace

Amethyst & Pearl necklace

This is the necklace I was so excited in an earlier post to complete. Though, not certain I like the shorter length. Going to wait a day or two then decide.
Cheers!

Attachments

• How it looks to the camera.
    How it looks to the camera.
    22.6 KB · Views: 49
  • How it looks to the eye.
    How it looks to the eye.
    22.2 KB · Views: 46
Bummer, it is too short to wear with the sweater for which it is intended. Had a hunch it may be. Re-stringing, is in the near future. Also decided to make it a 4 strand instead of 3 strand piece. Looking forward to the challenge!

Cheers!

Ash

I just did this today. It's dark now and iPhone photos taken on bathroom counter do not show these colors well.

I bought 2 multicolor keshi strands from Pattye this summer. They are same size but colors vary slightly. One has more lavender and the other has more gold and peach, both are very metallic with flashes of gold and green. 7mm to 9mm.

The middle pearl is a Sea of Cortez that I bought from 2010 Ruckus (bag of 5). About 10.8mm.

Two pearls on both sides are from the bag of "special" metallic pearls that Jeremy took to Mexico, which were lost and then found. One is white, the other is pink and green. Both are about 10.4 to 10.6mm. The luster is amazing. See Blaire's picture, post # 19

I took the above 3 pearls to this year's Ruckus and asked Hisano to wire wrap them to form a dangling pendant. Today I took them apart and placed them in the middle of the keshi strand. I mixed the keshi to mingle the colors. There are 6 laser gold beads every 2 inches but did not show up on the pictures because I tied a knot and the upper portion of the necklace was cut off. Originally I wanted to put gold beads between 3 center pearls. It was Vincent's idea to use the keshi as spacers instead.

I may take more pictures sometimes this week when lighting is better to show true colors. Strand is 34" with clasp and knotted with 8lb. PowerPro at 2" interval.

Red reflection on pearls are from iPhone cover.

Attachments

• Kamoka Pearls Charcoal, Silver Black Tahitians
    Kamoka Pearls Charcoal, Silver Black Tahitians
    23.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Close Up Of Kamoka Pearls Charcoal, Silver Black Tahitians
    Close Up Of Kamoka Pearls Charcoal, Silver Black Tahitians
    28 KB · Views: 46
  • Kamoka Black Tahitians With Rich Apricot Rosebud Freshwater Pearls
    Kamoka Black Tahitians With Rich Apricot Rosebud Freshwater Pearls
    30.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Cathy!!! I love it when you get creative! This is super-spectacular! You are a marvelous designer with one of the best eyes, ever!

Cathy,

Your designs are always innovative and creative! Another wonderful piece!!!

Cheers
Ash

I just did this today. It's dark now and iPhone photos taken on bathroom counter do not show these colors well.

I bought 2 multicolor keshi strands from Pattye this summer. They are same size but colors vary slightly. One has more lavender and the other has more gold and peach, both are very metallic with flashes of gold and green. 7mm to 9mm.

The middle pearl is a Sea of Cortez that I bought from 2010 Ruckus (bag of 5). About 10.8mm.

Two pearls on both sides are from the bag of "special" metallic pearls that Jeremy took to Mexico, which were lost and then found. One is white, the other is pink and green. Both are about 10.4 to 10.6mm. The luster is amazing. See Blaire's picture, post # 19 https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/show-us-your-pearls/4247-amazing-pearl.html.

I took the above 3 pearls to this year's Ruckus and asked Hisano to wire wrap them to form a dangling pendant. Today I took them apart and placed them in the middle of the keshi strand. I mixed the keshi to mingle the colors. There are 6 laser gold beads every 2 inches but did not show up on the pictures because I tied a knot and the upper portion of the necklace was cut off. Originally I wanted to put gold beads between 3 center pearls. It was Vincent's idea to use the keshi as spacers instead.

I may take more pictures sometimes this week when lighting is better to show true colors. Strand is 34" with clasp and knotted with 8lb. PowerPro at 2" interval.

Red reflection on pearls are from iPhone cover.

Cathy you have such a good eye for pearls and your designs are exquisitely beautiful.

Adeline, Great earring findings! I've used studio sen also, in the past. Surprised to hear they are no longer in business. For some reason, the link to jewelrism doesn't work for me?? Themes of flowers, vines, leaves attract me also, although I usually wear white metal.

Ash, love this new amy and pearl necklace! The amethyst look very organic and natural. LUSH!! Looking forward to neck shot of the 4 strands!

Cathy, Refined, elegant and gorgeous necklace! The S of C and large metallics are stunning with the keshi! Thanks for sharing construction details, too. I keep hoping John Tu will find more of these colorful keshi, although he has advised they haven't been available on his recent shopping trips.

Back