The designer's corner

since this thread is about 'showing off' :D some of you may have noticed that we started with a new collection, finally after so many years actually.

It took us a very long time after the burglary, from which all of our stock and beauties got stolen, to get back on the ground, plus the high gold price made it extremely difficult not only for us, to get a good selection together.

Last week we started to list the first of MANY new pieces.

Here is my favorite so far: :eek:

1000x3000002a.jpg

Sven, I have seen all of your pieces and I love every single one of them. My favorite material is high karat gold (as several people know by now :)) and I just wish I had enough money to buy even one of your creations. I hope they will be torn from the shelf though it will make me sad not to be able to browse them once they're sold.

- Karin

Whoa, how did I miss this thread before?? A bright spot in a rainy, but not cold at least, morning! Adeline, especially love the golden hoops, decadent!

And Sven, yes, I remember about your burglary and so glad to know you are recovering. The ring is amazing~I'm a huge fan of the high karat matte finish gold. Exquisite work!

My latest creations!

Teeny (1 x 2 mm) seed pearls and 3mm 'tanzanite' Swarovski crystal bicones woven into a ball pendant. It was a christmas gift for my Nan.

swarovski_crystal_and_pearl_ball_pendant_by_sarahorsomeone-d5l98gr.jpg

16" Colour graduated freshwater pearl necklace for my Mum. I got a loose strand of unsorted natural colours and arranged them into a gradient before stringing. They're quite small (6.5-7mm) and near round rather than perfectly round, but for the price I paid (?9.99 I think) I was pretty pleased with the lustre and general quality.

colour_gradient_freshwater_pearl_necklace_by_sarahorsomeone-d5pfxlw.jpg

Button pearl bracelet made from top-drilled button pearls (8-9 mm). I strung and knotted them tightly in pairs to get them to alternate. The 'odd' coloured ones (i.e. not the peach or white) are a weird sort of copper-lavender colour with a metallic lustre, wouldn't mind a whole strand like that!

freshwater_button_pearl_bracelet_by_sarahorsomeone-d5pfz6d.jpg

Beautiful! I especially admire the pendant - you must be very patient! :)

Unusual Freshwater Pearl Pendant

Unusual Freshwater Pearl Pendant

This amazing freshwater (bead nucleated) pearl is from Sarah at Kojima Pearl, a great resource for unusual pearls. It took me over a year to decide just how to finish it, but somehow it looks like a "magic fig" with its green-purple metallic color. The pearl is 1 1/4 inch long. I love it! (From my personal collection.)

P1000025.jpg

Wow, Pattye, that looks amazing. A perfect choice for such a special pearl.

Congratulations!!! I'm in love with the colors and the darling setting. :)

Haven't put anything up in a long time... Here's some gorgeous Brazilian Tourmaline with South Sea pearls. I triple drilled the pearl for the drop. Is it pearl slaughter?

Attachments

• il_570xN.408202156_rsjh.jpg
    il_570xN.408202156_rsjh.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 35
  • il_570xN.408202345_ki25.jpg
    il_570xN.408202345_ki25.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 35
Haven't put anything up in a long time... Here's some gorgeous Brazilian Tourmaline with South Sea pearls. I triple drilled the pearl for the drop. Is it pearl slaughter?

I would call it 'pearl upgrade' when it looks this good :) Lovely tourmalines too!

- Karin

Oh my stars! I am such a watermelon tourm fanatic, especially when spring and summer come. I've been contemplating designs with pearls, but you absolutely nailed it! Well done, I LOVE it (applause)

Thank you, thank you! I got the tourmaline from an amazing gem dealer that Sarah sent me to at the Santa Monica show. The website is http://www.bonitacreations.com/http://www.bonitacreations.com/, but in-person there are amazing quality gem beads that defy websiteness. Here's what I did with the rest of the tourmaline, earrings and an enhancer.

Attachments

• il_570xN-1.408283015_aiwu.jpg
    il_570xN-1.408283015_aiwu.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 35
  • il_570xN.408223835_7krp.jpg
    il_570xN.408223835_7krp.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 36
Back