The designer's corner

I knotted between every one. I used 8lb. PowerPro. Now I can wear it heavily, then soak it in shampoo water with a few drops of Biz when the thread gets dirty.
Beautiful pendant with strawberry pearl!

My tenant in Melbourne has reassured me my daffodils and snowdrops are still sprouting; well that was six months ago. Since spring is soon upon you guys from the northern hemisphere, here is my take on spring. A pearl-lite version of a cornucopia of gems including green gold quartz, tourmaline, rubies, sapphires, garnet, peridot, seed pearls and (am still crushing) ethiopian opal in yellow and white.

Happy spring everyone.

Adeline! Beautiful earrings and flowers!

since this thread is about 'showing off' :D some of you may have noticed that we started with a new collection, finally after so many years actually.

It took us a very long time after the burglary, from which all of our stock and beauties got stolen, to get back on the ground, plus the high gold price made it extremely difficult not only for us, to get a good selection together.

Last week we started to list the first of MANY new pieces.

Here is my favorite so far: :eek:

View attachment 18733
Excellent ring design! Amazing Awesome!

This amazing freshwater (bead nucleated) pearl is from Sarah at Kojima Pearl, a great resource for unusual pearls. It took me over a year to decide just how to finish it, but somehow it looks like a "magic fig" with its green-purple metallic color. The pearl is 1 1/4 inch long. I love it! (From my personal collection.)

View attachment 20234

Pattye! Amazing pendant! Pistachio pearls!

Sheryl, that last necklace with the drop is just exquisite - i would wear it in a heartbeat!

I'm with Nerida ! Love that last necklace! Those stones are really pretty as are the pearls. And thanks for the stone dealer name. I have been to that site a long time ago but when I switched computers I lost some of my saved sites and that was one of them ! There was a dealer in India that was Delwa or something...darn I can't remember his name...wish I could find him again!! So thanks for posting...I need to out a few things up as it's been awhile. This is such an interesting thread we need to keep it current!

Well done!

Here are a couple of Valentine's creations. I'm going to play with some other forms as well. Sorry, these are iphone pics, I'll get better ones later. The smaller heart is open and the pearl is set on the wire like a post.

Attachments

• heart1.jpg
    heart1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 32
  • bigheart1.jpg
    bigheart1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 36
Here are a couple of Valentine's creations. I'm going to play with some other forms as well. Sorry, these are iphone pics, I'll get better ones later. The smaller heart is open and the pearl is set on the wire like a post.

Oh, those are so charming, I love them!

Here I am waiting patiently for a Tuscon thread with lots of pictures. Fingers drumming. For designs, this is what I've been up to. Three pairs of earrings!

K 177K 176

Wonderful combinations with your ear rings and sunshine too!!! Golly, I miss sunshine :)

I am not sure whether to post these pics here or more appropriately in the "My first attempt" thread. I had the pearl addiction real badly a couple of years ago, but then left my belongings behind in a storage locker for more than two years. I recently moved everything and decided I need to do something with all the pearls I purchased. I do not wear any jewelry anymore, so not sure what I am going to do with all of it.

These are some nice lavender pearls. I think these were purchased from Kojima and the design was also kind of stolen from there. Mixed in is one of Josh's pearls and some 18k and 22k gold. The lack of photographic talent is entirely mine.

Attachments

• Lavender.jpg
    Lavender.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Lavender2.jpg
    Lavender2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 35
These are Chinese Keshi. Not for the faint of heart. Or faint of neck muscles. Clasp and beads are 22k and 18k, respectively.

Attachments

• Keshi.jpg
    Keshi.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Keshi3.jpg
    Keshi3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 36
Chinese Kasumi pearls with champagne zircon and a 14k clasp.

Attachments

• Kasumi.jpg
    Kasumi.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Kasumi4.jpg
    Kasumi4.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 34
Chinese bead-nucleated pearls with 18k gold beads and 22k clasp. They have nice orient, which is hard to see in my pictures.

Attachments

• CFW-gold.jpg
    CFW-gold.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 38
  • CFW-gold2.jpg
    CFW-gold2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 37
Chinese Kasumi-like pearls of the first generation. They have some nice colors that I cannot capture well and some of the pearls are very metallic.

Attachments

• ChineseKasumi1.jpg
    ChineseKasumi1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 35
  • ChineseKasumi4.jpg
    ChineseKasumi4.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 33
Then some faceted Chinese freshwater. By now it should be clear that I like baroques. As crazy as they are, they actually do look good around a neck.

Attachments

• CFW.jpg
    CFW.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 36
  • CFW4.jpg
    CFW4.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 35
Finally, a big, but somewhat dimpled, golden South Sea pearl that I made into a pendant some time ago when 22k gold was a bit cheaper. Paired with orange sapphire.

Attachments

• Sapphire.jpg
    Sapphire.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Sapphire2.jpg
    Sapphire2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 31
Back