The Crown pearls

Bailey1856

Hello pearl friends! I was wondering what type of pearls she is wearing on this show. Do you think they are real? Sometimes i find myself just staring at her pearls instead of watching the show:D They have such beautiful luster and colour. I shall add them to my wishlist.
49648836dc307fe7efc80325b22c8405--crown-tv-the-crown.jpg
crown-4-1.jpg

It is a good copy of one of HM Queen's favourite necklaces..always irritates me as the three strands don't nest properly and I itch to re-string it

The real Queen's triple doesn't nest evenly, either, and it always gets hung up on her neckline, which drives me nuts.

But yes, I'm in the The Crown for the pearl and tiara pron (sic).

It is a good copy of one of HM Queen's favourite necklaces..always irritates me as the three strands don't nest properly and I itch to re-string it

Are the queen's akoyas or south seas?
The ones i posted look like creamy akoyas.

I don't know. I wrote and asked but got a silly answer from a lady in waiting about the big pearl in the ImperialState Crown (which tells me they don't know either)
That necklace was, I think, a 21st present from her father so, given the timing, extremely unlikely to be Japanese akoya. Even if they were since she wears them constantly they would be wearing out by now.
Most likely to be native UK freshwaters - they have the pick of family jewels dating back centuries.

I watch The Crown purely for the bling too :)) as far as I know all the Queen’s pearls are wild pearls from the Persian Gulf. They were given to her when she was young before cultured pearls were a thing. As for what they use for the replicas in the show I have no idea.
If you are interested in the real royal jewellery I can recommend this blog. The comment section is interesting, too.
http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/three-strand-pearl-necklaces.html

Last edited:
I would guess the Queen's real pearls are naturals from the Persian Gulf. At least the strand she wears the most.

The real Queen's triple doesn't nest evenly, either, and it always gets hung up on her neckline, which drives me nuts.

But yes, I'm in the The Crown for the pearl and tiara pron (sic).

I was thinking that maybe strung on wire with silicone bumpers would be better for a three strand necklace like that. Maybe the shape will hold better. I'm not sure though. I only have one strand on wire and I really really like how it holds its shape.
And Yes, there is no shortage of pearls and tiara on this show.

I watch The Crown purely for the bling too :)) as far as I know all the Queen’s pearls are wild pearls from the Persian Gulf. They were given to her when she was young before cultured pearls were a thing. As for what they use for the replicas in the show I have no idea.
If you are interested in the real royal jewellery I can recommend this blog. The comment section is interesting, too.
http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/three-strand-pearl-necklaces.html

Thank you LeFaye! I actually like the replica better.:p I love the creamy colour and luster and the graduation.

Back