Taylor Swift, Akoya Pearls and People Magazine

AMc

McA
I saw Taylor Swift on People's 40th Anniversary magazine edition today, and she looks amazing! Just goes to show that the classic white akoya pearls haven't lost their appeal I guess.

taylor-swift-people.jpg

I have always enjoyed her retro style. What do you guys think? Gorgeous cover, or meh? :)

I was about to ask why she's biting them instead of wearing them, but I see that they're long.

yes, young and gorgeous

So SO gorgeous! Pearls and Taylor Swift are a very beautiful combination!

I do too, Katbran. :)

I think those pearls are 7.0-7.5mm, maybe a 20 or 22-inch matinee length. Just a guess, but the size seems right.

Definitely the pearls look much better, but I'm sure that's just advances in photography at work. What I like particularly about her picture is (besides the pearls lol) that she didn't get much photo-shopping done on her face. You can see pores, some small wrinkles ... she looks real and fabulous! :)

Found a duo comparison picture:
taylor-swift-people-2.jpg

Thank you for finding the equivalent photo!

Did anybody we know supply the pearls?

Last edited:
Before photoshopping but not before air brushing. Altering images is much older than photoshop! However, her eye colour may have been manipulated- it looks too brighter in the comparison photo.

Yeah, it does look like she is testing the pearls; "Hmmm, are they real? He wouldn't give me fake pearls, would he?"

You know, Lisa I have no idea ... unfortunately it wasn't me! I'll do some digging and see if I can't find out though - the information has got to be out there somewhere!

Back