• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Taylor Swift, Akoya Pearls and People Magazine

AMc

McA
I saw Taylor Swift on People's 40th Anniversary magazine edition today, and she looks amazing! Just goes to show that the classic white akoya pearls haven't lost their appeal I guess.

taylor-swift-people.jpg

I have always enjoyed her retro style. What do you guys think? Gorgeous cover, or meh? :)

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
I was about to ask why she's biting them instead of wearing them, but I see that they're long.

yes, young and gorgeous

BAS

So SO gorgeous! Pearls and Taylor Swift are a very beautiful combination!

AMc

McA
I do too, Katbran. :)

I think those pearls are 7.0-7.5mm, maybe a 20 or 22-inch matinee length. Just a guess, but the size seems right.

Definitely the pearls look much better, but I'm sure that's just advances in photography at work. What I like particularly about her picture is (besides the pearls lol) that she didn't get much photo-shopping done on her face. You can see pores, some small wrinkles ... she looks real and fabulous! :)

Found a duo comparison picture:
taylor-swift-people-2.jpg

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Thank you for finding the equivalent photo!

Did anybody we know supply the pearls?

Last edited:

Lady_Disdain

Before photoshopping but not before air brushing. Altering images is much older than photoshop! However, her eye colour may have been manipulated- it looks too brighter in the comparison photo.

Yeah, it does look like she is testing the pearls; "Hmmm, are they real? He wouldn't give me fake pearls, would he?"

AMc

McA
You know, Lisa I have no idea ... unfortunately it wasn't me! I'll do some digging and see if I can't find out though - the information has got to be out there somewhere!