Tahitians from Gyso Pearls (HK)

kalmen22

It all started with seeing their post on instagram. I had a work trip to HK so contacted them to see if I could drop by to look at some pearls.
They turned out to be in an industrial area filled with offices and jewellery wholesalers.
It was a strange experience walking into a non descript office with bags of pearls lying around and people sitted on table matching pearls into hanks.

Sharon who attended to me is extremely helpful. I manged to see a whole bunch of pearls.
In the end on that trip I left not sure whether or not to buy this light mixed strand.

She was kind enough to help me hold for a week and I decided I would buy it. Got a friend to help me pay and bring back.

Fast forward to a couple months later and I emailed to ask about bluish or greenish Tahitians. Sharon sent over photos and after a few rounds I finally bought 2. They were great coz I got them to send me pics of strand in natural daylight, how it look worn on someone and close up of blemishes
For those of you going to HK jewelry fair they usually exhibit there.

So here are the 3.

Light mix 10-12mm
PhotoGrid_1479606509171.jpg

Bluish green strand 7-9mmPhotoGrid_1479606699160.jpg

A brownish bronze strand 6-8mm
PhotoGrid_1479606641760.jpg

I knotted them on beaders secret.
And I've when worn double or a long rope
PhotoGrid_1479606369567.jpg

Last edited:
Kalmen22, your new pearls are fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

Kalmen your Tahitian pearls are so lustrous. You wear them well

Thank you Gem geek, Cathy Keshi, Pareltje and Truelyviolet!

Thank u JP, Newberry, MSC, Katbran, Bweaves

And Pattye. .it's all thanks to your headers secret that I am able to buy strands and knot myself. Opens up so many options. So a big big thank u to u.

Those are beautiful, Kalmen, nice choices!

Back