Tahitian Drops and Keshi - the slide continues

Cicadalady

Sliding at an accelerating rate. Yesterday I played with light mix Tahitian drops and keshi with a few WSS keshi thrown in for brightness and contrast. I went for a 16" strand (actually knotted up at about 16 1/2") so I can use some more drops in a tin cup that will hang a bit lower to complete the set :).
IMG_2100.jpg
IMG_2109.jpg

Knotted on a 20# braided fishing line that has a gray/blue color - not Power Pro, but similar.

Thank you, JerseyPearl - I tried to take my inspiration from you and include a couple of gemstones for added color and brilliance, but they interrupted the flow of the composition. Perhaps they'll have a place in the tin cup where there's more space :)

Cicadalady now YOU have become an inspiration! Your new necklace is such a beauty, the pearls look just effortlessly perfect positioned where they are! Now I need some WSS keshis...

Wow this is GORGEOUS!! I love the mix of shapes and colours. You really do have an eye for this!

It's hot outside, so I spent the afternoon on a tin cup with the drops and keshi.

There's always someone willing to comment:
IMG_2112.jpg
And here it is!
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_2115.jpg
It's on a sterling chain for the time being - until I'm confident enough to work with white gold :rolleyes:

Wow, pretty cat...main coone blood. I imagine alot of pearls can get lost in that fur...

Oooh I have a magnifying light like that too...very useful!

Thank you, JerseyPearl - I tried to take my inspiration from you and include a couple of gemstones for added color and brilliance, but they interrupted the flow of the composition. Perhaps they'll have a place in the tin cup where there's more space :)
You are too kind...One thing you may want to try, if you do wish to use gemstones, are different sizes of one color stone. I'm going to pick amethyst just as an example...you could add varying sizes of amethyst, maybe even some faceted, some not. Personally, though, I like this one as is...and since you've used an orbit clasp, you could always dangle a gemstone pendant from the clasp when extra bling is needed.

And ETA, spectacular tin cup! I love the two together. And your cat has wonderful taste.

I like the gemstone dangle idea! Thanks, JP!!!

CS - Yes, Wadsworth is a Maine Coon (named after a Maine poet). He can pick up pearls in those big paws. The magnifying light came in from the garage where my husband has had it stored for 15 years - since he found it in a construction dumpster. I had no idea it existed. He saw me working with my visor and asked if I might want to try it. It's mine now :)

Back