swissbacks earring studs

dmj

pppp pearl
recently i have been working for some jewelers in holland and belgium to make them some of these earrings with swissbacks behind them ( a stud where no puchette behind it is needed )

they look nice and its a cool gadget like earring however im not sure how long the parts will last so will probable take some years to see this so ill get back to you guys about these studs in three years ! :)

here is a picture of a pair 18krt white gold swissbacks with 8-9 mm tahitians i sold yesterday and the description how it works

what do you guys think ?

swissbacksdanielmoeskerjewellery.jpg

1e9b2c_88066ef7f65449f2b270f1ac5e24acc7.jpg_srz_425_244_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg

Reminds me of cufflinks. Keep us posted over time!

I find them VERY interesting ... who HASN'T lost those little earring backs?!? Thanks for showing us this alternative; will look forward to further reports, especially on durability and function :)

yup larger ones i would not advise to costumers but because you can press the back to the ear part you can get them tight on there so probable max 10 - 11 mm so far we only made a couple with this system with +- 8-9mm tahitian pearls and 7 mm akoya s

tomorrow i have to make 15 pairs of 8 mm normal tahitian earrings the costumer was not sure so took the normal studs :) so they are probable like me waiting what its going to do

Last edited:
If they can be adjusted to suit the thickness of the earlobes then I would be interested, as I like my studs to sit tight against them.

DK :))

I thought the same as BAS .. just like cufflinks ! lol I agree with the concerns about how close the pearl will sit..looks like there is quite a bit of length between the pearl and the 'stopper' . Be interesting to see how well it fits ..I'm with Lady D on this..with larger pearls it seems like they would droop. Let us know how well they fit . Great idea if it works!

Diagram 4 shows the stopper being able to slide closer, so I think they must be able to be snugged up.

I sometimes drop one of my earring backs while putting them on and then have to hunt on the floor for it. Maddening!

I would think that if your piercing is somewhat enlarged (speaking as a gal who wore Dynasty/Dallas HEAVY gold earrings all the time), the backing may slip into the piercing (think about how a shirt stud or cufflink can do the same if not completely tight). I don't know if I would trust this design on my lobes.

Daniel,
The link to your store doesn't work for me, it said there was no page there. Thanks for all your posts over the years; it is great to watch you!

Daniel, not sure if this helps narrow down the issue, but ... I can't get to your website from the link below your name either. However, if I do a Google internet search for your website and click that website link, it does take me to your website okay. The address appears to be identical to what's posted here so perhaps the issue is the link itself ... ? I had not seen your beautiful jewelry before, and it certainly deserves to be seen; thanks for sharing. Someday I hope to return to visit the lovely Netherlands again :)

I'd definitely give them a try. It seems they wouldn't work for every earring (or wearer) but certainly for lots of them/us. Losing earring backs is such a pain. Great idea!

This is an interesting design which I think may work well for anyone with dexterity issues (my grandmother could never put earrings on by herself), but I have similiar concens as posted above (heavier posts not seated flush against the ear, sizing, etc). But I'd love to try them!

I think that is cufflinks or really studs? Interesting! Could use as cufflinks and studs! Cool!

Back