Starting over in making my tahitian strand

Abi

Hello my dear PG family, hope to see some of y'all in Tucson at the seminars or around :). I mentioned in another post about my stolen purse with my tahitian strand/earrings and Edison pendant/earrings. So today I dropped by the Pueblo Gem show to take a quick gander around, and found 2 strands that brought me close to tears. The pearls aren't perfect, but most of the pearls had a close resemblance of the ones on my tahitian strand! I knew they weren't exactly them, but I felt that I was meant to find them. I brought them home:).
I took pictures when we finally went home. Haven't given them a pearl bathyet, and looking forward to stringing this!

Two tahitian strands from Pueblo Gem show

You have some beautiful pearls again, Abi. I am glad they "spoke" to you.

Wonderful that you found another strand with all the qualities you wanted. These are beautiful, look forward to seeing them strung.

Thank you everyone! 2 more from last night and this morning after a little pearl bath.
20190202_174907.jpg

20190201_203839.jpg

I have to refresh my memory of restringing.

20190202_082004.jpg

20190202_171902.jpg

20190202_172000.jpg

Abi I'm so happy you found those 2 strands, that called to your heart! Lovely pearls ... congratulations!

So glad they found you, Abi! I hope you’ll post the finished strand.

Gorgeous pearl colors and shapes. They really pop after their pearl bath. I'm so glad you found them, and looking forward to seeing the finished necklace.

I'm glad you found some beautiful pearls and can go back to enjoying wearing Tahitian pearls. :)

beautiful Tahitians! Always hard to resist when you find them as beautiful as yours!

Thank you everyone! I'm still waiting for my clasp and a few small bead components, but I temporarily strung it on a pair of small clasps... to which I learned are too small and fragile for my new tahitian Pearl's. Not final yet!
IMG 8385

Also, I was struggling to remember how to string them, so the knots, then ends, the french gimps, look a bit off. Lol.

Pattye, you are so right, practicing will really help! I'm planning on making maybe a bracelet, or a tin cup with the remaining Pearl's :).

Hmearly morning I finished the third try. The 2nd try wasn't pictured bc I learned a third of the way that the regular #30 isn't working, so back to #20. This time I'm using rose gf magnet. Not exactly the safest to wear it, but I really want to wear it soon while sitting in the AGTA seminars in Tucson. The magnet is pretty strong though.

knotting my tahitian strand

The pearls are lovely! It always takes me at least 3 tries before I'm satisfied with my stringing on the same necklace.

Back