SSP or CFWP by Palawan Authentic South Sea Pearls

Jeangrey1

Community member
Hi all!

I bought a pair of pearls from this Facebook seller Palawan Authentic South Sea Pearls for P8500: https://www.facebook.com/PalawanAuthenticsouthseapearls/. She presents it as SSP, but knowing that there are many CFWPs being passed as SSPs, I turn to you esteemed members for your thoughts on what I bought.

This is the link to the photos I took of the pearls:

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/album.php?albumid=635

Fast facts:

Pearl is 17-17.3 mm diameter
set on stainless steel
round shape
lots of blemishes and the luster is not that good

Thank you so much!!

That's about 163.00 USD Frankly I've not seen a pair of pearls with such a shocking surface. I can't figure out if there is a coating on them that has failed in some fashion or what ! All those weird little bubbles all over them. SS or Freshwater I'd return them . They really don't look like South Sea but with such an odd surface ... who knows.

That's about 163.00 USD Frankly I've not seen a pair of pearls with such a shocking surface. I can't figure out if there is a coating on them that has failed in some fashion or what ! All those weird little bubbles all over them. SS or Freshwater I'd return them . They really don't look like South Sea but with such an odd surface ... who knows.

Hi Katbran! Thank you for answering. I got the pearls because of the size and shape, less on the luster, and smoothness of the pearl especially for everyday pearls hehehe.

I just want to know if they are possibly SSPs or not so I can give the seller fair warning to be honest in selling.

:eek: Appalling looking pearls.
And stainless steel findings?

I can't say what they are either, sorry.

Hi Pearl Dreams! When I bought them it was already set on stainless steel findings. I couldn't seem to find affordable pearls at that size with good luster here.

I think it is common here to set the pearls either by stainless steel (usually gold plated), silver and gold. I have yet to meet a pearl seller here and abroad who can cater to the market that buys affordable but not really perfect luster, shape, surface or colored ssp or cfwp pearls.

I hope I can meet one.

I have to agree with JerseyPearl. Better to wait until you can afford better.

WOW! We should be glad you brought this seller to the attention of all them members of this forum. No only are these pearls horrible, selling them for $163.00 adds insult to injury. I would send them back as soon as possible.

Such poor quality pearls. I would send them back for a full refund & put the money toward something nicer. I can't believe a reputable seller would even sell these. Pitiful pearls.

You can get good quality freshwater pearls at that price from reputable sellers you'll see around this forum.

Personally I'd rather buy honest quality or wait than buy poor quality. Not that I haven't tried to get $50 for $10 myself along my pearl journey but it always ended up being a waste of money.

Thank so much for your replies! I really appreciate it. However, I don't think I may be able to return them pearls :(. I will just wear them for everyday use :).

At any rate, this seller is selling other pearls. I am more concerned whether or not this seller sells real SSP or CFWP at low prices and has resellers.

As to buying more pearls, I think I am going to stop and focus on gold and diamond jewelry...

Thanks again!

They are bad, even though they are the shape and size you want. Are they even real cultured pearls, I wonder? I would return them. You could have much better for the money. Good luck. :)

If you used paypal or your credit card company, you may get a refund without having to return them. I would inquire. If you did use ebay I would leave negative feedback so others know you were unhappy.

I hope you won't give up on pearls, Jeangrey1.

At any rate, this seller is selling other pearls. I am more concerned whether or not this seller sells real SSP or CFWP at low prices and has resellers. As to buying more pearls, I think I am going to stop and focus on gold and diamond jewelry...

Sadly, there are just too many dishonest sellers out there to begin to police them. The forum here helps us as buyers become informed. The CPAA pearl course, pearlsasone is available at no charge, just the investment of our time, so worthwhile! Jeremy earlier listed the discount code so the course is completely free. (I also have a code you can use.)

Back