Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wow, amazing pendant. Love your version of the Evertything Bagel rope.

Today it's Beachy tin-cup and feather pendant from Kojima. Metallic drops on my Mom's earring hoops. My indigo blue dress washes out the emerald and sapphire beads, so they're not really visible. UPDATE: Retook the photos in a different part of the house at a different time of day. Lighting is better.

IMG_1358.jpeg
IMG_1360.jpeg

Pearls are so warm. Tin-cups are cooler on my neck when it's hot out. They're also easier to rinse off and dry, if I sweat.

Last edited:
Thanks BWeaves! And lovely pairing on you. I do like those random dangles on that beachy necklace.:cool:

Thanks so much, CatMom! That was one of the first pairs I made. As I mentioned, I made so many for only having two ears, I can’t get to all of them! I think you would pick it up very quickly since you do such intricate needlework.

An Edison pendant from PP. A special request I made for one of Jeremy‘s Hong Kong trips. The mixed pearl rope is from Kojima, and I made the earrings and pearl chain.
View attachment 464788View attachment 464789
Everything is super stunning @jeg and goes so well with your outfit!

Today I wore my Kamoka Aubergine tahitian strand with the matching earrings. Love the plummy colors in this strand, yet, it also has overtones of coppery mauves, lavender, blues, maroon, peacock greens, deep indigo and pinks.

Attachments

• AubergineT3.jpg
    AubergineT3.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 71
  • AubergineT5.JPG
    AubergineT5.JPG
    877.2 KB · Views: 66
  • AubergineT6.JPG
    AubergineT6.JPG
    705.3 KB · Views: 64
  • P6051594.JPG
    P6051594.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Thanks so much, CatMom! That was one of the first pairs I made. As I mentioned, I made so many for only having two ears, I can’t get to all of them! I think you would pick it up very quickly since you do such intricate needlework.

An Edison pendant from PP. A special request I made for one of Jeremy‘s Hong Kong trips. The mixed pearl rope is from Kojima, and I made the earrings and pearl chain.
View attachment 464788View attachment 464789
Just thought I would mention that I really love how consistent your pictures are @jeg...the lighting is always the same. You sure got that down pat (while I'm still floundering around trying to figure it out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: One day, one day...practice makes perfect, LOL!!

You are too kind, heartofawareness!:giggle: This thread documents my history of experimenting. I like the most recent area where I take the pearl pics because I am able to better capture all the colors. I prefer lots of sunlight, but that doesn’t always happen around here. And I’ve given up on the wardrobe pics and just go for the windows regardless of weather. I’ve tried different artificial lighting, but just never found anything that worked for me. My pearls really lit up in a windowless hotel bathroom I was staying at years ago. I even climbed up on the counter to see what kind of lightbulbs they used.:LOL:

Wearing a Tahitian pendant from Kojima, with earrings and a necklace I made.
IMG_1153.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg

You are too kind, heartofawareness!:giggle: This thread documents my history of experimenting. I like the most recent area where I take the pearl pics because I am able to better capture all the colors. I prefer lots of sunlight, but that doesn’t always happen around here. And I’ve given up on the wardrobe pics and just go for the windows regardless of weather. I’ve tried different artificial lighting, but just never found anything that worked for me. My pearls really lit up in a windowless hotel bathroom I was staying at years ago. I even climbed up on the counter to see what kind of lightbulbs they used.:LOL:

Wearing a Tahitian pendant from Kojima, with earrings and a necklace I made.
View attachment 464808View attachment 464809
Oh I really love the strand you made jeg!

Thanks so much, CatMom, heartofawareness, and BWeaves! What a nice compliment, heartofawareness. I’m retired from everything these days, so a little side business would put a crimp on my playtime besides messing up my taxes. I really appreciate the very kind compliment, though! Thanks BWeaves- the Tahitian on that pendant has the best luster and coloring. I don’t think to wear it as often as I should because I don’t wear as much white gold. Although I mix everything so that really shouldn’t matter…

Heartofawareness, wow, that Kamoka strand is fabulous!:love: The colors look so wonderful on you and I love everything Kamoka!

Wearing a strand of green Tahitians from PP with earrings from little h.
Green Tahitian strand from Pearl Paradise and little h Tahitian earrings
Tahitian strand Pearl Paradise, Tahitian and emerald little h earrings

little h Tahitian and emerald earrings with green Tahitian strand from PP

OOOO, JEG, more gorgeous pearls.

I'm also wearing Tahitians today. Bali Earrings and La Petite Perlagrina from Kamoka. Long keshi tin-cup from Kojima. This is one of my favorite necklaces. Light weight, not sweaty when it's hot, and has lots of interesting pearls. Lighting is not great this morning.

Bali Earrings and La Petite Perlagrina from Kamoka. Long keshi tin-cup from Kojima
 Bali Earrings and La Petite Perlagrina from Kamoka. Long keshi tin-cup from Kojima

Just a quick “post and run“ greeting from me to all you wonderful pearl loving people! Life has been really busy so I dont’t have much time for posting but I am wearing my pearls everyday and often come for a quick pearlie fix here ;-) So so so many amazing lovelies since I last logged in!

OMG OMG OMG @jeg those multicolor akoyas from Takahashi!!!! The dreamiest of all stands! Immediately up there in my top 5 of yours which is a real tough competition! And that ombre....yummy....

@BWeaves Your tincups!!!! I LOVE (and lust after) all of them, absolutely perfect for the summer.

@heartofawareness Ohhh the Kasumi necklace....pure gorgeoussness....

@SurfnSci Always a treat to see your Kamokas ❤️

Here comes my Love strand in its last few outings...
Tahitian Love strand
Tahitian Love strand

Thanks so much, CatMom, heartofawareness, and BWeaves! What a nice compliment, heartofawareness. I’m retired from everything these days, so a little side business would put a crimp on my playtime besides messing up my taxes. I really appreciate the very kind compliment, though! Thanks BWeaves- the Tahitian on that pendant has the best luster and coloring. I don’t think to wear it as often as I should because I don’t wear as much white gold. Although I mix everything so that really shouldn’t matter…

Heartofawareness, wow, that Kamoka strand is fabulous!:love: The colors look so wonderful on you and I love everything Kamoka!

Wearing a strand of green Tahitians from PP with earrings from little h.
View attachment 464818View attachment 464819View attachment 464820
Gorgeous strand...can really appreciate the overtones when they're not on...very lustrous too...and those earrings...SPECTACULAR!! I love the length as they swing wildly when you walk :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just a quick “post and run“ greeting from me to all you wonderful pearl loving people! Life has been really busy so I dont’t have much time for posting but I am wearing my pearls everyday and often come for a quick pearlie fix here ;-) So so so many amazing lovelies since I last logged in!

OMG OMG OMG @jeg those multicolor akoyas from Takahashi!!!! The dreamiest of all stands! Immediately up there in my top 5 of yours which is a real tough competition! And that ombre....yummy....

@BWeaves Your tincups!!!! I LOVE (and lust after) all of them, absolutely perfect for the summer.

@heartofawareness Ohhh the Kasumi necklace....pure gorgeoussness....

@SurfnSci Always a treat to see your Kamokas ❤️

Here comes my Love strand in its last few outings...View attachment 464827View attachment 464826
Wow @eolian pearls your strand is amazing!! I've been wanting multicolore Tahitians forever. Yours seem like the perfect combination of color and they are really lustrious! LOOOOVE ...Where did you get that beautiful strand? :love:

OOOO, JEG, more gorgeous pearls.

I'm also wearing Tahitians today. Bali Earrings and La Petite Perlagrina from Kamoka. Long keshi tin-cup from Kojima. This is one of my favorite necklaces. Light weight, not sweaty when it's hot, and has lots of interesting pearls. Lighting is not great this morning.

View attachment 464825View attachment 464824
I would have to say @BWeaves that even with poor lighting your beauties always look great! I love your tin cups they are all gorgeous!!

Back