Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much Marianne, Charlotta and Lilpearl! Happy December to you, too!! And thank you about the comfy dress.;)

Today’s look, my WSS earrings and pendant from Tara and my freshie Tiffany bracelet!
C97ED5DF-B572-46FF-AA6E-FC06533E81B4.jpg
B14E2B95-96F4-4438-8381-1BB1E95A029B.jpg
629966E3-1278-4C33-A548-A4624D99222F.jpg

Not sure why the earrings pic is uploading sideways!

Sooo many beautiful pearls to comment on!!!

Lilpearl your WSS are so elegant and special!
Linda.wald & Jeg - those goldens are dreamy....
Lisa c I LOVE your keshi earrings, so so lustrous...
Jeg the banded T are really pretty and so cool!!! I totally understand that collecting them for a necklace was an exercise for patience, I was collecting pearls for a pastel strand and it ended up being multicolor necklace, it’s just unbearable to watch the pearls sitting and waiting in the stash and so easy to knot them and re-knot them into different necklaces :)
And the seaglass necklace makes my heart flutter...everytime...

I have being wearing lots of pendants this season, this is my pastel T from Jac that I pair with my small akoya earrings and the triple ones as well...C014E19F-B0F6-40E5-B1CB-482C8C800A28.jpeg7937CDC1-AFB2-4DB2-B64E-DE3DC36017A2.jpeg

I love everything on this page.
The keshi earrings on the lace background made me think they were depressions in a desert landscape. It took a minute for my eyes to flip the image to pearls on lace.

JEG, I love the pendant and pearl chain, and especially the Sea Glass necklace. I always think of that one as "the one that got away."

I hope this is ok, lilpearl, I wanted to get a better look at your earrings. Yowza! Gorgeous!
View attachment 76645

Attachments

• 3517E6E3-F1E3-4D0B-AFDD-4B0E245E53C7.jpeg
    3517E6E3-F1E3-4D0B-AFDD-4B0E245E53C7.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 31
Hi Bweaves, I love your brain, what a vision! Anyway, this was sort of an obscure photo of the main body of the pearls, but the photo shows the lightning-strike effect that shows very neatly irl.
59965C29-2BA4-4DA5-81D5-B48A7A4AE30D.jpg
I made a whole series of photos trying to isolate things like the soap bubble effect, the perfect surface of the nacre, and the undulations, because one shot couldn’t capture all of it. It was fun but frustrating with a cell phone. I suppose the new models are trying to accommodate frustrated photographers, but I just paid off this one (huff), and I’m not in the business. I just like taking pictures.

Thats a dead giveaway that I’m old, to be even comparing digital cameras with film, lol.

Last edited:
I've been wearing pearls almost every day, but not been photographing them.

Yesterday I loaded up on black pearls. SoC ring from Douglas and PP in front of my loom.

IMG_9019.jpg

The fabric currently on my loom. I couldn't unsee the crazy clown faces, so I rethreaded the left side so it matches the zig zag section on the right side. This is Tencel in 4 different colors. It's not dyed. The pattern is woven in.

IMG_8966.jpg

Lilypad ring from Kojima.

IMG_9021.jpg

Long Tahitian keshi tin-cup from Kojima. TNT necklace (Ocean's Cove) with Walter Who pendant (Kojima). Coral Atoll necklace (Kamoka). Handwoven shawl from handspun yarn (silk, merino and camel), all made by me.

IMG_9023.jpg

Opal and Tahitian earrings from Kojima.

IMG_9024.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful jewelry BWeaves! That SoC ring is jus gorgeous, is it done in rose gold? And that loom work is fantastic, you’re so talented!!

Lilpearl, your south sea earrings and pendant are gorgeous.
Eolian pearls, your tahitian pendant is beautiful and goes so well with your sweater? Those triple earrings are really special as well.
Bweaves, gorgeous tahitians and weaving. You create such beautiful fabric.

Yes, the SoC ring is in rose gold. The SoC pearl has intense hot pink colors around the base and intense teal green at the top. It was slightly pear shaped, but I had it mounted point down. It probably should have been a pendant, but I really wanted a ring and this was my favorite pearl that Douglas brought to Ruckus for me to choose from.

Today, Kojima ombre' tin-cup with Greg Who hanging off it. Pale peach ripples, also from Kojima. White metallic drops hung on my Mom's diamond hoops.

IMG_9039.jpg

The ombre' tin-cup looks really different when I wear it with the clasp in front, because that's where all the pink, white, and gold pearls are. The Tahitians are all behind my neck this way.

From when I was going through my Princess Diana phase in the 1980's. Garnet and diamond halo ring. This is an amazing garnet. People always think it's a ruby because it's in a nice setting and it has good color and sparkle. But the back facets of garnets always look black compared to rubies, which is one way to tell the difference. This ring was not very expensive, but it looks amazing.

IMG_9043.jpg

After I bought the garnet, I told myself that if I ever found a pear shaped amethyst in a similar setting, I'd buy it. The jeweler must have read my mind, because a few months later this ring showed up. It flashes different colors.

IMG_9042.jpg

Wow! What a lovely assortment of pearl Jewelry! :D
I love the SoC pearl ring with the pave diamonds...the rosé pink is my favorite against green pearls.
And that Lily Pad ring...it's just lovely! It's something my wife would love to wear :) (she is mostly an earring and bracelet girl ;) )
Lovely garnet too!

Wow-eeeeee! Great pieces everyone! Eolian, your perfect pendant and swingy earrings, Lilpearl, your sparkly wrapped pearls, and BWeaves all your pearls and projects and baubles!! So fun to see what everyone is up to and wearing!:D

Ladies, you are making my day as I catch up on this thread!

Gorgeous pearls.....
Jeg...you wore the black and white dress I adore, and complimented it with Goldens. Just lovely! And of course the Sea Glass necklace always makes my heart skip a beat!

Lilpearl Your WSS earrings and pendant are incredible! Love the design, so pretty and unique

Eolian love your pendants and floating T necklaces. Simplicity at its best....and oh so classic.

Linda Wald the GSS rope was splendid. Perfect festive strand for the holiday.

BW Your fabric on the loom and shaw are so gorgeous. You are so gifted in your talent. I also loved the ripples. I have a soft spot in my heart for ripples. And of course every time you wear the coral atoll strand it takes my breath away!

I needed a little pick me up today.......so thank you ladies for making my day and bringing me a smile with your photos and beautiful pearls! ;)

I really like that ombre tincup Bweaves, it's gorgeous. Those rings are amazing.

I second Charlotta’s comments BWeaves! Love your tin cup, earring choice and amazing rings!!

Back