Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

86Corvettegirl, Kanaloa sure put it’s tentacles to good use grabbing all the attention! He’s a gorgeous looking creature!:)

Inspired by those of you who have tiny pearl strands used as chains for pendants, I was determined to make one myself. The 3mm pearls were too tiny to double back to knot at the beginning and end, and the beading wire I had on hand was too stiff looking, so I wire-wrapped 28” of 3mm pink and white cfw pearls. I really enjoy wire-wrapping, but I gotta say my wire-wrapping mojo was worn out in the last few inches, as was my eyesight.

48D00466-6ED7-4600-B4C2-F74EF67ED621.jpeg

It was upright on my iPad, and is sideways on my Android phone. The flipped version is fine on both.

Parrot Lady, gorgeous wirewrapped strand. I wirewrapped an equally tiny strand last year and strained my eyes. Had to wear sunglasses even indoors...

Those earrings are such a fantastic treat, Red!

Those are some of my favorites of yours, BWeaves!

86C, Kanaloa is a real showstopper! I’m sure it starts many conversations with admirers.

ParrotLady, what a wonderful pearl chain you created. I love it!

Each time I see another wire-wrapped pearl "chain", it makes me more curious to give it a whirl. But not just yet. ;) Your new strand is beautiful, ParrotLady.

Kanaloa is so regal, 86C! I love seeing him come out to play. Wowzers!

Thanks, Jeg & CricketBug. Kanaloa will be going with me to NOLA in a few weeks. I have no doubt he's going to love the Big Easy!!

Back